+++Loyalty & Treachery II+++

Captain Semper

Captain Semper: yep, i know, was waiting for you to acknowledge my first vow before i posted the content in the second.

Second vow:

Dusk Raiders/Death Guard:

-Mortarion. (dedicated to Atia)

-Praetor with Paragon Blade and Combi-Flamer.

World Eaters:

-Angron. (Dedicated to Flint13)

-Siege-Breaker with Power Axe and Combi-Plasma. (Dedicated to Kurama)

Iron Warriors:

-Contemptor Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon, Havoc Launcher and DCCW with Heavy Flamer.

-Contemptor Dreadnought with Twin-Linked Autocannon, Havoc Launcher and DCCW with Heavy Flamer.

-Deredeo Dreadnought with Aiolos Missile Launcher, Plasma Carronade and Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter.

-Deredeo Dreadnought with Aiolos Missile Launcher, Anvilus Autocannon Battery and Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter.

Corpse Grinders: (pre-Perturabo Fourth Legion)

-Siege-Breaker with Volkite Charger and Power Sword.

-Contemptor Dreadnought with two Kheres Assault Cannons and Havoc Launcher.

-Deredeo Dreadnought with Aiolos Missile Launcher, Plasma Carronade and Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter. (This guy is currently on a 60 mm base, how was i supposed to know deredeos used 80 mm?! Gonna try and rectify this, but if i can't, this guy is a contemptor with two plasma cannons and a havoc launcher)

Phew.

Do you think i like dreadnoughts a little bit too much?

Ehhh, Captain ... I think I may have screwed up the "before" shot for Kor Phaeron a bit .... thought I would have done one, but well ...

Here you can see him hiding in the background, primed and painted silver, at the time I finished my first squad for l&t >.<

Howdy Guys - busy day today ^.^

Here's a little WIP for my Word Bearers smile.png

med_gallery_79873_10492_56979.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_89904.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_58278.jpg

Here is when he arrived:

Well ... next to do are the Skullcannon, two heralds and Ang'grath - but I have a few little teaser for beyond that tongue.png

med_gallery_79873_11473_88040.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_108846.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_85353.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_33217.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_28497.jpg

+ The Ruinstorm calls - the Betrayal must begin - Calth must burn +

Dark Angel Support Squad finished.

Now I have to decide what next... Terminators or Scyllax Guardian-Automata.

Can somebody roll a dice?

gallery_86236_11651_35969.jpg

gallery_86236_11651_51547.jpg

For the Lion and Luther!

For Caliban and the Order!

Scyllax! :D

Also wow - awesome :)

you really did her justice ^.^ still, belly-armour would make sense, but she looks great thumbsup.gif

Scyllax! biggrin.png

Also wow - awesome smile.png

So Syllax it shall be.

you really did her justice ^.^ still, belly-armour would make sense, but she looks great thumbsup.gif

Hmm yes... blush.png my husband said something similar... I thought about that... but who needs armor if you have a conversion field. biggrin.png

For the Lion and Luther!

Close up of the ad mech character please!?

Want to see the details as i just ordered this myself

Also Captain Semper, this is my 7th complete entry so I have earnt the Champion title now correct?

You are correct Rangamman! You're a Champion indeed! :tu:

Captain Semper: yep, i know, was waiting for you to acknowledge my first vow before i posted the content in the second.

... and what a vow! Now I feel kind of left out! (I kid :P)

Chaplain done!

SDC19151.JPG

Looks good - but I have not seen a pledge for Chaplain in your previous vow... Is it over and above or have I missed it? Also noigrim, we need the "BEFORE" pictures too... It's OK if you just forgot to take the odd one but you keep on posting completed minis without providing the "BEFORE" pics...

Hey Capt Semper. Just checked in after a bit of an absence. Noticed that my vow had not updated. Completed army photos are somewhere on page 19.

Sorry Barclift, you said "update" in your post - it was not clear to be whether this was a completed vow or WIP. It should be OK now - although there are some "BEFORE" pics missing... ;)

Ehhh, Captain ... I think I may have screwed up the "before" shot for Kor Phaeron a bit .... thought I would have done one, but well ...

Here you can see him hiding in the background, primed and painted silver, at the time I finished my first squad for l&t >.<

med_gallery_79873_11473_28497.jpg

This is good enough. It doesn't take much for a "BEFORE" pic - it can be even a pic of the box... That's totally fine Atia.

For the Lion and Luther!

blink.png

Awesome work Sar Lostrael - truly inspiring! And I'd go for the Termies but it appears the dice is cast! :lol:

OK, please note that the first two months are almost up and we are about to enter the final phase of the event! So get everything up and running, the titles are there for the taking! Remember, it only takes three units to become a Centurion!

As usual, please check the first page and let me know if everything is OK.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

One month to go and I've got nothing finished... so I guess its time to add some units to my vow.

As this is called loyalty & treachery and since I have allready done some loyalists its time to add some traitor units too...

So my next three units are:

For Ultramarines

Terminator Captain

Terminators (5)

Contemptor

I will use the same terminator models I was going to paint as White Scars (pics are somewhere?)

And I will take a pic of the contemptor shortly when I've finished building it...

Kor Phaeron

First Captain of the Word Bearers Legion, Master of Faith, Dark Cardinal, The Dark Heart, Priest-King of Colchis
"Humanity must have faith. Nothing unites mankind the way religion inspires unity. No conflict rages as fiercely as a holy war. No warrior kills with the conviction of a crusader. Nothing in life breeds bonds and ambitions greater than the ties and dreams forged by faith. Religion brings hope, unification, law and purpose. The foundations of civilization itself. Faith is nothing less than the pillar of a sentient species, raising it above the beast, the automaton, and the alien."
– Kor Phaeron, First Captain of the XVII Legion
med_gallery_79873_10492_151935.jpg
Kor Phaeron was the First Captain of the Word Bearers Legion and the Primarch Lorgar's spiritual counsel and foster father during the years of Lorgar's youth on the Word Bearers' homeworld of Colchis. When the Emperor found Lorgar, Kor Phaeron was too old to undergo the full implantation process to become a a full-blooded Space Marine, but so favoured was he in the eyes of his Primarch that he received the most potent of biological augments it was possible to bestow upon a man short of elevation to the Legiones Astartes.
Scorned by many in his Legion as "half Astartes", Kor Phaeron nevertheless had the ear of the Primarch and, more than any other individual save perhaps Erebus, is responsible for the corruption of his Primarch into repudiating his oaths to the Emperor of Mankind and becoming a willing pawn of Chaos.

Kor Phaeron became the Master of the Faith for the Word Bearers after their secret conversion to the service of Chaos. With Lorgar finally embracing the worship of Chaos with enthusiasm following his Pilgrimage, it was not long before the Word Bearers were wholly dedicated to the Ruinous Powers. As before, Kor Phaeron served as Lorgar's principal spiritual adviser and led contingents of the Word Bearers in some of the most devastating battles of the Horus Heresy. Kor Phaeron was eventually defeated by the Ultramarines Legion at the Battle of Calth and was forced to flee to the Daemon World of Sicarus in the Warp Rift known as the Maelstrom ...

med_gallery_79873_10492_261222.jpg
Note: The Claws of Colchis - master crafted Lightning Claws. Also concealed within Kor Phaeron's regalia of office are digi-flamer weapons which are as powerful as a full sized Hand Flamer.
med_gallery_79873_10492_202302.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_338391.jpg
Note: The Terminus Consolaris - Too old for transformation into a full-blooded Space Marine when the Emperor found Lorgar on Colchis, the Primarch nevertheless assured, through the use of gene-craft and anti-agathics, that his foster-father would join him on the Great Crusade as his First Captain. Before his later transfiguration by Chaos, Kor Phaeron's aged physique was augmented in battle by a custom designed suit of Cataphractii-pattern Terminator Armour reinforced and modified with additional medicae, exoskeletal and life support systems.
med_gallery_79873_10492_45891.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_320929.jpg

So my progress has been a bit on the glacial side, I'm still aiming for my vow but losing optimism on this one. The good news is all the great work I see here is inspiring me to step outside my painting comfort zone and try new things. Though to be fair trying to learn NMM blue on a full 10 mean squad does not fall under my more sane ideas.

This is my vow as it currently sits

gallery_48561_10917_499474.jpg

Any feedback can also be left in my general WIP thread here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/319521-blood-and-shadows-a-tribute-to-procrastination/?view=getnewpost

Archived