Hello and howdy, folks!

Long story short it has been a roller coaster of activities these last two or so months. A ton has happened and I am happy to say they were all blessings. The best one I would like to single out was becoming an Uncle. I cannot wait to buy my new, little nephew drum sets and other such things in the future to annoy his mother (my older sis and only sibling) and father (who has become collateral damage it would seem). Now as my life settles back to its original pace I am happy to get back to work on my Cult of Golden Tears.

Seeing as the Badab War group I was in is on some sort of pause that means my focus is on my main squeeze, the Emperor's Children warband. I do not see myself working on Executioners any time soon (a tragic shame as they are AWESOME) so some of their war material is going to Chaos as well as some of the few things I made for them. I do want to make my main leader though, at the very least, but we will see with time.

So, onto the state of the Cult of Golden Tears:

gallery_55057_11760_521899.jpg

Recently had a game with my regular opponent...and his tricksy, scumbag Eldar (so far Harlequins and Dark Eldar). Our last game with my Emperor's Children vs his Harlequins ended with me tabling him. All thanks to his very aggressive positioning for first turn shooting which he would have had if I had not stolen the initiative. We now bumped up to 1500 so this was the list I played.

-Lord, Mark of Slaanesh, Bike, Black Mace, Melta Bombs, Sigil of Corruption

-Noise Marines, Rhino, Blastmaster

-Chaos Storm Eagle, 2x TL Lascannons, TL Multi Melta

-Chaos Bikers, Melta Bomb, 2x Meltaguns

-Chaos Relic Sicaran, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

-Chaos Predator, Lascannon, TL Lascannon Sponsons

-Havocs, 4x Lascannons, Veterans of the Long War

I like the list and will be playing it for awhile as it has a good bit of everything and I have finally used the Storm Eagle after 2 or so years of owning it. However in this game my opponent's superior use of cover, mobility, and lucky dice rolling (I'm sure he does voodoo to be able to make 5+ save like a boss) he squarely kicked my boys in teeth. Still, it was a good nail-biting game and a lot of lessons learned. I have a few other lists I have made that mostly drop the costly flyer for other arrangements. We also haven't really looked at it but I do not think we will be using those new flyer rules.

---

Hobby-wise, picking up where I left off has me pondering again about my bikers...

gallery_55057_11760_476352.jpg

Copying from, again, a great source of inspiration I am using those DA Black Knight bikes with the Chaos front shields. I am still wondering what I can do to make these boys stand out uniquely from most bikers while trying to give them a signature look that suggests "Fancy Emperor's Children" when they race across the field. One thing I had tried was putting studs on the tire guard that I want to be painted gold. So that will pop up once or twice more with these boys.

The other thing I am wondering about is what to do behind the marines on their bike. There is an empty plank begging for either ornamentation or gear and I have yet to figure it out. I also placed those pauldrons there as those are the ones I am thinking of using on my biker lord. I am digging the Judge Dredd look that Eagle will give him but worry if I use the EC pad and possibly a winged front guard on his bike it will look like some crazy-super-hero vehicle/bosozoku special.

Suggestions would be most welcomed to help get my brain jogging here.

Having mentioned earlier that war materials will flow from the Executioners project to this one here is the first shipment:

gallery_55057_11760_765494.jpg

Originally built for the Laughing Axemen I now want this venerable fella to serve as a Sonic Dread in my Cult of Golden Tears.

I was really happy with leg-reposing work but sadly lost the step by step pic I had of how I did it. So a bit of a close up showing its current state:

gallery_55057_11760_331208.jpg

Basically a lot of cutting and re-positioning. Now to work on his claw arm which I hope to modeling holding something tightly in its grasp...and thinking of what to use to make a blastmaster for his other arm. Yep, another sweet blastmaster which I will use in conjunction with warp amps.

Well, I am off. It's time to make a grocery list of what I have, what I need, and what I want. Thanks as always for stopping by! :smile.:

• 1 month later...

Thank you, gentlemen!

Now to begin where I left off...

The Venerated Otho Karrnis of the VIII

He Who Still Treads, The Unending, Walking Death

...and the giver of squeezy-huggsy-wuggsys

gallery_55057_11760_454558.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_124424.jpg

I like the shape he is taking. I may also copy Dan the Daemon and his dread's trophy rack idea.

Next up I have my yet to be named champs.

gallery_55057_11760_188077.jpg

These are now my favorite things. After seeing Augustus b'Raass' Imperial Fists, namely his sergeants with Banners, I knew I wanted to mimic their swagger. All of them will be painted up in a similar fashion to the Palatine Blades and carry the bravado & attitude of an 1980's sports jock-bully in every teen movie.

Lastly, a new addition to my army...

The Archangel

Patron Lord of the Cult of Golden Tears

gallery_55057_11760_247719.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_200196.jpg

I have always wanted a seraphim inspired daemon prince. I know he only has four wings instead of six...but not enough bells have been rung loudly enough to please Slaanesh to get another set of wings. Regardless, thanks to some Scourge wings I held onto due to that earlier inspiration and the daemon from the new Warhammer Quest game I finally made it happen.

As always thanks for stopping by!

I know he only has four wings instead of six...but not enough bells have been rung loudly enough to please Slaanesh to get another set of wings.

I have a fever... Perhaps I may be of assistance!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4392785/more-cowbell-o.gif

http://i.imgur.com/cd69M.gif

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Thank you gentlemen! I definitely would like to go all out with 6 wings as that is a holy number for these fellas but he is going to have to earn it.

Perhaps after he kills a certain number of Solitaire or lay low more of the Eldar race. :devil:  

Plus, looking at the staff weapon I would like to change it out for something else but cannot think of anything. Currently I am running him with power armor, wings, mark of Tzeentch (I need that save), and a black mace. It's not like the staff with the ram head is terrible...its just I am afraid Skeletor will come looking for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hush, these are inspired. 

Thank you sir but I cannot take much credit. I get a lot of inspiration from this forum and its users to the point that I feel like I am stealing everything that is not bolted down. :pirate:

sweeet

i've come to notice little dioramas like that can add so much character to an army, and also make swell objective markers too. good work!:laugh.:

Thank you, thank you! This is actually going to be used as a spawn in my Thousand Sons army. Originally the lone marine standing up was to be the start of a Thousand Son count-as. Basically a TS sorcerer refused to use his brother as automatons so he would bind the souls of astartes of other legions/chapters/warbands to their armor and use them as his battlefodder.

Then I decided to put him on a bigger base, add another marine or so, and then more spirits to use it as a spawn similar to Aasfresser. Them being former Sons of Russ just adds another taun/insult at my opponent who just started Space Wolves:biggrin.:

• 5 weeks later...

A massive dome of jade encapsulated them. A low light gleamed from the translucent stone upon the amphitheatre, its raised terraces, and railings. The rich colors played with the eye of the viewer. The light imitated a blue yet cloudy day then a green but foggy mist before something else entirely.

Elegant wood carvings, rare as they were, were garnished upon every surface. Gilded strands of gold and silver articulated each curve and angle. The fortune of the artistry, precious metals, and even the fine lumber alone could cause the greediest and wealthiest merchants to weep.

The center of the deck was constructed with metal beams and thick, transparent panes that resembled carved ice.

Beneath these panels were arrayed projectors, glow globes of varying frequencies, and thousands of processors to create hololith images of whatever was desired.

Despite the grandeur this room had once upon a forgotten time and the honored guests that walked its expanse and delivered oratories that caused worlds to sunder it seemed out of place.

“Strange”, that word alone echoed through his thoughts. It was not the ornate chamber that struck him as odd but why it still existed.

The machine worshippers and their dregs were all linked to one another. Radic knew this from the short amount of time he had spent in their company and from what he would witness when casting glances at the robed adepts.

They never truly talked with vocals nor clicks or any sound whatsoever. Some would stare at their compatriots while others just seemed to stare off at nothing. Even fewer of them would react as a human would with body language despite no word being whispered or sound made.

Constructed conversations, stringent orders, and urgent concerns could be transmitted via mind link to all those who had knelt down in awe to the twisted machine tyrants and subjected themselves to their will.

So it was strange to Radic that they had still kept a council chamber. Its primary function was more ceremonial to them that functional. Cells, mess halls, and anything else that had taken up great amounts of space were repurposed with something more logical and functional. Yet, despite bequeathing large segments of the starfort to the Cult of Golden Tears they kept the council chamber to themselves and changed nothing.

It was not like that this grand meeting space was used often as it had once been during the Great Crusade of even the heresy that followed in its wake.

Now thirty five champions and the Lord of the Cult of Golden Tears, Azmodaios, stood at parade-rest. All stood firm, none removed their helms, and all rested their right hands on the pommel of their swords. It sent a simple message. We stand ready.

Radic avoided the vox communications darting back and forth from his fellow champions. Jokes, mocking insights, and plain insults aimed at the first of their guests to arrive. The Night Lords, still calling themselves the Fourth Company, entered in a ragged bunch.

Champions and their enforcers entered in apparent dissaray seeming to scan the vast, domed chamber, its concentric dais rings, and holo-projector. They began to file in across from the Cult of Golden Tears no doubt commenting amongst themselves about their legion brothers. Finally, a smaller group of enforcers armored in ancient terminator plate entered followed by the leviathan bulk of a dreadnought. Otho Karrnis, the walking death, and consult to the brooding master of the Fourth Company who appeared to be abstaining from this meeting claimed a section of the chamber for themselves.

He watched them closely. One carved into the red paint of its gauntlet with a small blade while it waited. Another kept tapping the hooked edge of its boot into the decking impatiently. While one with a winged helm leaned on a banister thrumming it’s sharpened, armored fingers against the railing.

What an unruly bunch of scum thought Radic as he looked over the twenty nine gangers turned demigods.

Not long after entered the final party. They had left their husk armored brethren behind. None would proclaim it but all were grateful for their absence. They exuded an unnatural aura that made the skin crawl. Again, none would state this as no sane soul dared to upset their care takers who were counted amongst the greatest sorcerers to vex the galaxy. To insult the warriors of ash was to visit doom from the brothers who mourned their loss.

Only three entered. Helms with high headdresses bearing snakes and eagles were held in the crooks of their left arm. Gold trimming and purple-hued cyan decorated their cobalt armor. In their right hands they walked with staffs whose head pieces burned with green and turquoise flame. All were telltale signifiers of a warrior from the Ashes of the Pyre warband.

He wondered where the others could be but dashed the thought almost immediately. There was no doubt that their brethren who were still of flesh waited within their warship. Not unlike the adepts of the Oscillating Eye these sorcerers did not need to talk nor even be in the same room to communicate amongst themselves.

They silently took a position close to the hololith projector. Their leader barely nodded to greet the legion lords present and the only one to bear the formalities to do so.

Greetings echoed a hundred voices from a single being. What had once been a human woman was now a vessel for the Iron Tyrants that controlled the Broken Sun. Her mouth still moved as a human speaking would but the voice hailed from the vox speakers in her throat. Where a face had been a large, bulbous helm of smooth black onyx projected the image of the current Tyrant speaking.

If none object we shall commence this operational hearing. It said as the image of a man who was more machine seemed to look at those present.

Rare was it these days when legion brothers gathered. Rarer were the instances when no blood was shed between them, at least immediately upon sighting one another. It was strange he thought and chuckled as the war council began.

---

Well, with this post and the bit of fluff I hope to introduce you all to the main forces I will be/ have been working on alongside my Emperor's Children. I have been decently good with not jumping onto a different army or succumbing to the new shiny army syndrome. And yes, I am working on three armies but at least they are all from the same codex :smile.:

To begin I was hoping to be a lot further in the painting department for my Cult of Golden Tears. That hasn't been the case unfortunately.

gallery_55057_11760_1248382.jpg

You will recognize the two marines who need some finishing touches. The guy in the back is how far I got when I picked up a brush and applied paint. Didn't get far as I forgot how I painted the earlier two. It won't be long until I do some more painting but I am waiting for the weather to be more agreeable. Right now it has been either sunny & humid or a downpour of rain in Texas. Cannot complain much about that but I am hesitant to prime my minis in these conditions.

So in the mean time I went to work on another mini.

gallery_55057_11760_606461.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_444707.jpg

A techmarine if I play Horus Heresy but right now he is an Obliterator. If you look at an earlier post in this log you will see the start of this fella. I am still going on the idea of using Techmarines who want to test new weaponry built by techniques considered taboo or forbidden as my Obliterators. Do not get me wrong, I love the idea of obliterators but I just do not want to use the mini if I can help it. I will be picking up one of the loyalist techmarines to copy the guy above for my next obliterator. I am debating if I should add some more wires and if so what should I use for it?

Cult of Golden Tears 1500 points army list:

HQ:

-Lord, Mark of Slaanesh, Bike, Melta Bombs

-Daemon Prince, Daemon of Tzeentch, Power Armor, Wings, Black Mace, Warlord

TROOPS:

-Noise Marines, Blastmaster, 3x Sonic Blaster, 1x Extra CCW, Rhino

FAST ATTACK:
-Hell Blade, Two Helstorm Autocannons
-Hell Blade, Two Helstorm Autocannons
-Chaos Bikers, Melta Bombs, +1 Biker
HEAVY SUPPORT:
-Chaos Relic Sicaran, Heavy Bolter Sponsons
-Obliterator
-Obliterator

Now, for what I had been working on most recently, the Thousand Sons. There is a long and healthy reason why I wanted them but I will skip over that for now and show you how far I have gotten.

gallery_55057_11760_835127.jpg

I still have plenty left to do for this army. A few more daemons to assemble, some flying bases and screamers to magnetize, and a SM Librarian and the new Deathwatch Watch Master I want to convert to Sorcerers. And if rumors hold true a plastic Ahriman to run this army. Then paint...yep. These will need paint too.

Ashes of the Pyre Daemonkin-Not-Really-In-The-Least-Bit 1500 points army List:

HQ:

-Ahriman, The Dude

ELITES:

-Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought, Swapped Heavy Bolter for Butcher Cannon

TROOPS:

-Thousand Sons, +2 Thousand Sons, Rhino

-Thousand Sons, +2 Thousand Sons, Rhino

FAST ATTACK:

-Chaos Spawn

Allied Chaos Daemons

HQ:

-Herald of Tzeentch, Psyker Level 3, Disk of Tzeentch, Exalted Daemonic Reward

ELITES:

-Flamers of Tzeentch

TROOPS:

-Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, +1 Pink Horror

FAST ATTACK:

-Screamers of Tzeentch, +5 Screamers of Tzeentch *basically ScreamerStar Lite with Herald*

Lastly, another army restart for myself, the Night Lords. The second Army I ever tried to make was a chaos one with Night Lords and Iron Warriors...so here is the reboot for that. This army I want to build will represent the remnants of the Fourth Company. I am using the CSM for these guys as well but I really want these guys to look Horus Heresy as possible. Might even have to pick up some HH NL novels that I can get my hands on. Anyways, I have some things going for them that you have seen already. The sorcerer from post one is now a Night Lord, my dreadnought from earlier is now one too...and an old terminator has just joined the ranks...

gallery_55057_11760_1445557.jpg

Salvaged terminator armor repurposed to sow terror among the galaxy. Lets just say he killed a First Legion Chaplain that asked too many questions and now permanently borrows the armor since the skinless corpse that once wore it no longer needs it. Oh yeah!

Night Lords Fourth Company Remnants 1850 points army list:

HQ:

-Chaos Lord, Terminator Armor, Black Mace, Warlord

-Sorcerer, Psyker Level 3, Jump Pack, Spell Familiar

ELITES:

-Chaos Terminators- Champion & 1x Termie with Combi-Plasma and Power Sword, 2x Termie with Combi Plasma and Chainfist, Land Raider

-Helbrute, Trade Melta for Plasma Cannon

-Plague Marines, +3 Plague Marines, Rhino

TROOPS:

-Chaos Marines, +5 Chaos Marines, 2x Plasma Guns, Rhino

-Chaos Marines, +5 Chaos Marines, 2x Plasma Guns, Rhino

FAST ATTACK:

-Hell Blace, Two Helstorm Autocannons

-Raptors, +1 Raptor, 1x Flamer

HEAVY SUPPORT:

-Chaos Rapier Battery, Laser Destroyer

-Chaos Rapier Battery, Laser Destroyer

-Chaos Rapier Battery

Thanks for stopping by and remember, DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

• 2 weeks later...

Just found and read through the thread. Glad to see an update, some wonderful stuff there.

More Thousand Sons is always a good thing.

Thank you. Most of the stuff here is a knock-off of something else I've seen on this forum with sprinkle of chaos. The rest, like the Techmarine/Warpsmith/obliterator, is something I have been thinking about for a long time and I am happy to finally see manifest.

I am also very happy about going to work on the Thousand Sons. It's even more satisfying that my buddy has two armies who are their bitter rivals (Space Wolves and Harlies). For someone reason it makes the game more satisfying.

I like them a lot! More less futile comments later!

Thanks!

How have I managed to miss this? :blink.:

I may be Loyalist to the core but those are some fine conversions you've been displaying so far, hushrong. Looking forward to future updates, brother. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dosjetka! I lurk more nowadays :sad.: Time seems to fly by everyday and I don't get to pay much attention to my armies.

A lot of my guys were loyalist too once... but it only takes one step to begin the journey on the path of damnation. I meant Glory...the path of glory. And righteousness or whatever.

You really need to up-date more. :biggrin.:

I will try, my friend. :smile.: I am still amazed at the pace you are kicking out marines. You make forgeworlds look like amatuer workshops.

---

With a new post might as well show my recent work.

My Chaos Lord and Biker Champion

gallery_55057_11760_238003.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_506757.jpg

To start the champion is a basic champion with a horse brush on his helm to say "look at me, I'm the captain now" to his men. Both he and the Lord have melta bombs and will be modeled with them a little later down the line.

The Lord is just trying to look fancy. The main thing I want to point out is the shoulder pad from an invictarus suzerian. EFF that thing to the deepest bowel of hell. Getting that out of the way I am happy to have it on here. For some reason I wanted this lord to have a touch of Judge Dredd to him and the giant eagle set it off perfectly.

Now that my bikers are built I want to add one touch of FANCINESS to them. Basically because why not plus the barren rear of the bike looks dull. So using the winged bosozoku tail of the Dark Angel bikers and applying them in a similar fashion I want to copy a Hussar. I am trying to figure out a way to cut them to they sit lower and more aggressively when they rest on the rear of the bike.

As always, thanks for stopping by! Children of the Emperor! Death to His foes!

Nice work on the Obliterator counts as, the gun and backpack really look the part.

The Lord's sword and shoulder pad look great, but I feel like him and the champion look a little too clean and appear more like loyalists than traitors. Perhaps some chains/skulls/trophies might alter this?