Battle Cry ETL V: This. Is. Codex Space Marines!

HALANDAAR SAYS: Quote here to draw your gaze, like a psychic beacon in the warp.

Captain Semper! Apologies if this has been covered somewhere already, but is it legal to vow units with different Chapter Tactics? For example, could I vow Asterion Moloc (Minotaurs, IA12) and a counts-as Tigurius, seeing as both characters are affiliated with Codex Space Marines, or should all vows be treated as a single army and therefore have only a single Chapter affiliation?

See below.

TOTALLY! :devil:

You can vow any Codex Chapter together. Its the Codex special, AoD get all the FW models and rules, we get to vow Ultramarines with White Scars and Black Templars, or Iron Hands with Raven Guard and Salamanders!

So question, if an Imperial Knight (a pair actually) is built and painted as a lord of war for a DIY marine army would that allowable as part of a marine ETL vow? It'll be in chapter colors and use chapter heraldry.

I don't mean to step on Captain Semper's project, but I'm fairly certain DIY Chapters are just fine.  But what is their Primogenitor?  Their gene-seed stock determines where the points vowed would be applied.

It'll run for a month, yet if ETL IV is an indicator of the rules, then the vows are for a month and you will have a month to finish the unit(s) within a month of the vow.  So, if the event starts May 15th and ends of June 15th, but you vow a unit on June 14th, then you'll have until August 14th to complete the vow.

Something like that.  I don't mean to cause confusion, but that's what I got from ETL IV.

So question, if an Imperial Knight (a pair actually) is built and painted as a lord of war for a DIY marine army would that allowable as part of a marine ETL vow? It'll be in chapter colors and use chapter heraldry.

You are in luck November, the Knghts are Universal units in the ETL - every faction can pledge them' even Chaos! So good luck with them! :)

And yes DIY Chapters are totally fine. If you choose the units of your DIY Chapter from the Codex: Space Marines then you play for Codex, if you choose them from say, Codex Blood Angels then you play for the BAs etc.

The ETL will run from May 15 to August 15th but you need to declare participation (by making your first vow) until June 15th i.e. a month after the kick-off.

I don't mean to step on Captain Semper's project, but I'm fairly certain DIY Chapters are just fine. But what is their Primogenitor? Their gene-seed stock determines where the points vowed would be applied.

It'll run for a month, yet if ETL IV is an indicator of the rules, then the vows are for a month and you will have a month to finish the unit(s) within a month of the vow. So, if the event starts May 15th and ends of June 15th, but you vow a unit on June 14th, then you'll have until August 14th to complete the vow.

Something like that. I don't mean to cause confusion, but that's what I got from ETL IV.

And yes DIY Chapters are totally fine. If you choose the units of your DIY Chapter from the Codex: Space Marines then you play for Codex, if you choose them from say, Codex Blood Angels then you play for the BAs etc.

The ETL will run from May 15 to August 15th but you need to declare participation (by making your first vow) until June 15th i.e. a month after the kick-off.

Imperial Fists successor chapter and hopefully I'll be unpacked and ready to get cracking by June 15!

Helpful for me, Salamanders successor but use other CT/characters from time to time (taking a bike scouting force with Khan and White Scars tactics in 750pt tourny this weekend for example).

Yeah, I like the versatility of being able to use whatever ruleset you feel like which comes with custom chapters.

That said, I'm not above fielding my suspiciously Minotaur looking Marines as the "Astral Bovines" in order to use different rules than their standard FW Chapter Tactics :)

If anyone is thinking of vowing in DIY Chapter units for the ETL, then I humbly ask that you consider to also pop by the Liber's thread to register the vow you make in the spirit of simply taking part. It won't affect your official vow, trust me - the Liber isn't an official faction. ^_^

A quick question:

In the rules for the ETL it says that the following applies for a model being eligable (minis unpainted or primed or in very early stages of painting) . Does this mean I can have a model with it's first base color applied? As an example, I have a Tigerius model that is primed and I have applied a blue base for his armor and nothing else. Would he be eligable? See picture:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/mperssonbmmseifer/20160404_002035_resized_zpssfrpvxpf.jpg

And in the same ball park: I'm in the process of assembling 2 I.Knights, can I add the first base color(like a silver color for their 'skeleton') after the primer before I vow them? 

Edit: Reason I ask is I keep and use my airbrush an hour drive from where I live and I'm going there this saturday to prime the models. Would be great If I could add the base colors too

Edited by Bmseifer

Well, in principle a model should not be painted above undercoating level to qualify. But to cover the cases where people were caught unaware that the ETL was coming I added the "early stages of painting" so I can do a case-by-case call.

So in your case Tigurius in the background there is totally fine, but the Knights, I'd say keep ten at undercoating level.