+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Swooping by with a WIP shot of my DC:

Hidden Content

gallery_27469_12034_104515.jpg

There are a few mould lines I missed that I'll go back and sort out post-ETL but otherwise I'm content with progress. A little more work (albeit over many models) will see them done and I can move onto the Characters. Which will be a refreshing change from endlessly painting the same 3 DC bodies over and over msn-wink.gif

Cheers Xenith! I used Skavenblight Dinge to differ from straight Chaos Black. I will wash them with Nuln Oil at the end which will darken it but yeah there will still be a tinge of grey. They'll end up like this dude (more or less - awful photo I'm afraid) -

Link to avoid confusing with proper ETL vows:

From this thread:

You can see the Bolt Pistol housing which is black, the armour doesn't look too off IRL and allows me the use of black for gun housings and soft armour and such.

Cheers Xenith! I used Skavenblight Dinge to differ from straight Chaos Black. I will wash them with Nuln Oil at the end which will darken it but yeah there will still be a tinge of grey. They'll end up like this dude (more or less - awful photo I'm afraid) -

So straight Skavenblight gives you that shade? Amazing - I tried to do some Grey DC a while ago, but had to mix my own - thus they went black, it was too hard to cver up mistakes when you have to remix paints.

So straight Skavenblight gives you that shade? Amazing - I tried to do some Grey DC a while ago, but had to mix my own - thus they went black, it was too hard to cver up mistakes when you have to remix paints.

Ah, the exact reason why I don't mix paints. One experience years ago and never again tongue.png

Yeah it's a good colour I think. A better match to the old Charadon Granite than it's supposed replacement in my opinion.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

SECOND WEEKLY UPDATE

Now on to the weekly stats:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 2
Codex 60 64 42,171 2,210 5.2%
Blood Angels 36 38 20,715 818 3.9%
Dark Angels 44 46 30,641 565 1.8%
Space Wolves 45 45 39,187 3,000 7.7%
Forces of the Imperium 30 32 16,374 317 1.9%
Realm of Chaos 57 60 64,358 4,381 6.8%
Horus Heresy 81 87 87,344 7,519 8.6%
TOTAL 353 372 300,790 18,810 6.3%

And let’s see each Faction one by one:

BLOOD ANGELS

The Blood Angels seem to be in a tight spot. With 36 participants and the second lowest average vow they need to attempt a break-out! Recruitment is key here – but that’s OK as there is still plenty of time to bolster the numbers. On the re-vowing front the BAs are actually doing alright as a re-vowing rate of 6% at this stage of the event is a very respectable number. But if the disadvantage in numbers persists, it falls to the brave Captains that have already assumed the burden of the ETL to work hard to eliminate that disadvantage. Remember, vowing big is not necessarily the answer – if anything it increases the likelihood of failure… What is important is to make manageable vows (hopefully without reducing your average vow) and complete them in a timely fashion so you can re-vow and multiply the effect. If that is to work, having a “respectable” re-vowing rate won’t suffice. You need to increase it substantially to make this strategy work. Hopefully though the third week of the ETL will see more battle brothers joining the ranks and alleviating some of the burden of the first waves!

Fifteen days to go until recruitment ends!

Seriously folks, get those vows in!

I Leonaides rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a terminator Librarian from Codex Blood Angels of total value [TBC when i see my codex again] on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Again, dragged kicking and screaming to the painting tables!

They'll be no vow progress today, currently sat waiting to go into a 3h exam, then I'll be vegetating this evening. From tomorrow though I'll be able to focus on my ETL vow and hopefully get a couple of extra hours in everyday. :D

EDC

FIRST VOW COMPLETE!

med_gallery_66537_10027_369717.jpg

med_gallery_66537_10027_304729.jpg

... and I'm "upping the ante" for vow #2 to bring glory to the Blood Angels faction:

VOW #2

I, Nicodemus Doloroso, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Razorback with Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma gun, a Bike Squad with meltabombs (sergeant) and 2x Gravguns, and a Storm Raven Gunship with Twin-Linked Autocannon and Twin-Linked Multimelta, all from Codex Blood Angels of total value 383 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

WIP pics:

med_gallery_66537_10027_235404.jpg

[EDIT: Storm Raven before/WIP picture added]:

med_gallery_66537_10027_356973.jpg

FIRST VOW COMPLETE!

... and I'm "upping the ante" for vow #2 to bring glory to the Blood Angels faction:

VOW #2

I, Nicodemus Doloroso, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Razorback with Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma gun, a Bike Squad with meltabombs (sergeant) and 2x Gravguns, and a Storm Raven Gunship with Twin-Linked Autocannon and Twin-Linked Multimelta, all from Codex Blood Angels of total value 383 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

WIP pics:

[i'll be purchasing the Storm Raven later today, pic to be posted once assembled]

Sweet Dred and chaplain! What blues do you use for the blood talons/crozius? I'm about to start painting my first power weapons and want to use a blue similar to yours.

Awesome thank you! Turns out I already have the new ice blue, but my darker blue is too dark ( macrage blue). I'm gonna try ice blue and then highlight with a little white mixed with ice blue. Hopefully it works out. If only I could stop playing total Warhammer...

I Leonaides rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a terminator Librarian from Codex Blood Angels of total value [TBC when i see my codex again] on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Again, dragged kicking and screaming to the painting tables!

Don't forget the starting pic when you can! Otherwise thank you for your ongoing patronage; always good to see a veteran re-enter the fray!

FIRST VOW COMPLETE!

VOW #2

WIP pics:

[i'll be purchasing the Storm Raven later today, pic to be posted once assembled]

Congratulations and good to see the Angels Sorrowful recruitment in full flow! Seems like bikes are a favourite second vow this year msn-wink.gif

I've got something like 2000 points to paint before November 26 so I'm really pushing to get as much done as I can during ETL since it will have that dual benefits of helping the cause and having my army done well before the tournament minimizing stress :-)

FIRST VOW COMPLETE!

VOW #2

WIP pics:

Magnetize it so you can include the typhoon and hurricane bolter sponsons for all the points! Great job btw.

Seriously quick vow and good colours; looking forward to the Techmarine!

When the Emperor moves you... and it's raining and the wife is away. Also, Vow #2 Complete!

gallery_22439_838_642077.jpg

Also, since I need to step up my game, I suppose I should do a more serious vow:

I, Lucumon, rise to the challengeof E TENEBRAE LUX, and vow to complete 1x Imperial Knight Warden with an Ironstorm Missile Pod and Sanctuary (420) along with 1x Imperial Knight Paladin with an Ironstorm Missile Pod (405) from Codex: Imperial Knights for a total value of 825 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to the Death Company.

gallery_22439_1100_1291283.jpg

How is this Captain Semper for size?

I MrFlutterPie rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Furioso Dreadnought armed with a frag cannon, powerfist and melta gun from Codex Blood Angels for a total value of 130 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring  redemption and  glory to the doomed Flesh Tearers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i.imgur.com/czzHm9P.jpg

Seriously quick vow and good colours; looking forward to the Techmarine!

When the Emperor moves you... and it's raining and the wife is away. Also, Vow #2 Complete!

gallery_22439_838_642077.jpg

Also, since I need to step up my game, I suppose I should do a more serious vow:

I, Lucumon, rise to the challengeof E TENEBRAE LUX, and vow to complete 1x Imperial Knight Warden with an Ironstorm Missile Pod and Sanctuary (420) along with 1x Imperial Knight Paladin with an Ironstorm Missile Pod (405) from Codex: Imperial Knights for a total value of 825 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to the Death Company.

gallery_22439_1100_1291283.jpg

How is this Captain Semper for size?

Solid third vow there!!

I MrFlutterPie rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Furioso Dreadnought armed with a frag cannon, powerfist and melta gun from Codex Blood Angels for a total value of 130 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring redemption and glory to the doomed Flesh Tearers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i.imgur.com/czzHm9P.jpg

Great to have you with us! Looking forward to its completion :)

Vow #2 Complete! 

Pics of Assault Squad and Contemptor were posted previously.  I like to imagine that this unnamed captain led the Lamenters as Chapter Master  in the rebuilding of the chapter, after it narrowly survived a penitence crusade and a murderous run-in with the Tyranid menace.  This is non-canonical, of course, but I can dream.

Front

Left side

Archived