+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

I have updated my original vow with a before picture. 

I didn't had the time to take a picture of my current progress but I'm almost done with the red on the wings and the "muscle armor" althought I'm not really satisfied with the result on the later ... I'll have to search for a tutorial I think :')

Welp, 7 hour flight down, no sleep. Glad to see all the updates and ETL goodness coming along very keen knights there. They look brilliant.

Lucumon, Seems very Wardy that! And we all know that leads to heresy! Seriously though mate, go ahead and bow something small for us! You have loads of time!

Really like the Alabaster Dante! And Luther's Dante, so many Dantes!

Cheers!

I'm hoping to get vow 2 done within the next couple weeks. The Stormraven is getting close.

I won't be doing a kit-bashed Dante for vow 2 BUT I will be doing a kit bashed counts-as Mephiston who I've been collecting bitz for. I can't wait to put him together. He'll be very different from the usual Mephiston conversions but I think it will look great.

Second Vow Complete.

Feel like the dread is missing something.... Like maybe some more black idk.

Will push to take better photos must sort out a camera and some light.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/dreadand%20seth_zpsxcm483eb.jpg

Ignore the Painting elixirs they don't always help tongue.png

Peace

Pulled a muscle in my painting arm.

Progress not looking good :|

You'r local tech marine will replace it for you!

Steer clear of the priests and just feel the pain....

Well, your completion rate approaches 40% with some more timely completions so far this week! Adjusting for completion rate you're some 800 pts ahead of the Codex right now! :D But that's just optics. What I really focus on is your excellent re-vowing rate with 43% of you having at least another vow in and that is an additional 35% of the points of the first vows! Not bad. Not bad at all. But unfortunately you cannot rest. The average vow is still dragging you down and as such you need a high turnover of vows to make up for it.

Painting Drop Pods is the worst. Motivation has gone down so much! Quick update, Drop pod interior is almost complete, The hatch doors need to be highlighted and hazard striped. Then on to gluing the pod together. Astorath has been sitting at an 80% completed stage for a while now. I need to wash and edge highlight his purity seals, highlight his wings, and finish up some tidy up. Otherwise Vow 1 is almost done.

I'm thinking I might be vowing a couple of dreadnoughts for vow 2 instead of Imperial Knights, I may do the Imperial Knights still. Flying out to Las Vegas tomorrow, for a week, and not going to be able to get any painting done. Good job on all the vow completions though everyone!

I found painting pods pretty easy - the trick is to just not care too much tongue.png

• I assembled the bottom half (or the POWER FLOWER as I like to call it), minus the middle control/ harness pillar (seriously, screw that thing) and sprayed that black, then lead-belcher on the top/ interior side.
  • Then flip it over and spray the bottom (doors exterior) red/ black.
  • Spray all of the fins individually in the colour you want on both sides.
  • Wash the whole thing and all parts with heavy nuln.
  • Highlight if you want.

Viola - game ready. The doors don't really need detail if you ask me as the are literally going to be sat against the table all game, plus your models deploying from it will look a lot better and more important by contrast.

Using this technique I had pretty much 7 pods game ready in a couple hours while I was painting other things too.

Removing the pillar also means a courteous opponent may let you use the pod as a Lucius one (or not even question it if you do really...!)

It is true that drop pods have a lot of work - something that people may not appreciate just by looking at the box. On the flip side, they are impressive items to have on the table top and being cheap are very useful in the game - although the effort-to-points ratio is not very ETL friendly! :P

Another vow complete!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302126-lucumons-blood-angels-task-force/?p=4429502

So, I promised to help a friend on his Necron army... so I can't make another vow just yet... although, how hard is it to airbrush black, then metallic, then wash? ph34r.png

Great completion! And given its size it's like two vows (the average BA vow being 425). Well done sir and I sure hope you get the time for another one!

Second Vow Complete.

Feel like the dread is missing something.... Like maybe some more black idk.

Will push to take better photos must sort out a camera and some light.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/dreadand%20seth_zpsxcm483eb.jpg

Ignore the Painting elixirs they don't always help tongue.png

Peace

Pulled a muscle in my painting arm.

Progress not looking good :|

You'r local tech marine will replace it for you!

Steer clear of the priests and just feel the pain....

Congrats! I agree that black details will work to its favour - especially the black shoulders... But pure red has an austere beauty about it too. :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I've been quiet since I've been busy but I did sneak in some time last night. I'm making slow progress on assembly but I hope to get a lot more done this weekend (finally some free time!) where I will make Vow 2 :D

Drop pod painting.

I did mine in half a day, absolute cinch.

Constructed the while thing.

Spray inside and outside black.

Spray outside army painter dragon red

Slap boltgun metal all over the inside

Heavy nuln oil wash on the inside

Relax.

Just another quick update on my vow.   I finished one of my powerfist wielding Death Company last night and base coated the next five.  Hopefully I can get those last 5 knocked out over the next week.

Quick question though.  I have a Vindicare Assassin that needs painting.  Are assassins eligible to be vowed for all factions like Imperial Knights or would he be off limits for Blood Angels?  Thanks!

Death Company power fist

That model is awesome man! Paint job is great too! Is that an old DC model?

Thanks! He's an old metal Space Marine Sergeant model from the early 2000's. Spiffed him up with a new plastic bolt gun and a spare jump pack. He's a whole head shorter than the newer models so I've taken to calling him the Runt. I think the little man shall do great things.

Assassins are for the IFOR ETL Faction only.

And yes, that model looks great smile.png

Thank you for the clarification. After thinking about it, I'd rather paint Blood Angels anyway smile.png

First vow complete...attack bike w/ melta (actually magnetized to include the bolter option in the end as well). Hopefully uploading these pics works and Gunhazzard does have to come to my rescue again. 

Blood Angels Melta Attack Bike

Blood Angels Attack Bike Overhead

Time to go diving through the pile o' kits so I can make that second vow...

Archived