+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

finally got some work on my wulfen done

http://i.imgur.com/Rf0ZUX8.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/977wlN1.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/bbWw8SR.jpg

still need to do some highlights/drybrush on the fur/gold to lighten it up a bit and the heads of course

hopefully total war:warhammer wont steal to much time in the upcoming days biggrin.png

No worries LM, post when you can :)

Onyxguard: When you make a post, go to the my media button, select gallery images and choose your pictures from there. The pictures will appear directly in your post rather than as links.

That being said, you are off to a flier there mate... Looking good :tu:

Gnalbel: Those wulfen are AWESOME!!!

I was going through some old saved photos, and figured this would help blood claw and long fang alike. Its basically a chart showing different wolf fur colorings and patterns. Definitely helping me out with one of my wulfen. Only posting the link as I don't know how to resize photobucket on the phone.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/FB_IMG_1464190707152_zpssk0fayiq.jpg

I can't take credit. Someone posted it on the Space Wolves blog Facebook page some time ago. Hopefully there will be no more wailing and gnashing of teeth about unnatural looking fur lol.

Great work already, everyone!
Especially for SW1 - 18 characters finished, 3000 points for us in the bag and you earned the Badge of the Hero! Impressive!

But I can't let that stand by its own! Listen brothers and sisters of Fenris!

I, RikuEru, son of Fenris, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete my force of Space Wolves from the Codex: Space Wolves (and addendums) with a worth of 3000 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Aett and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end - No... until I can redeem myself!

The List of my forces are as follows:

Characters (unpainted)

Logan Grimnar - 250 points (No Stormrider)

Arjac Rockfist, the Anvil of Fenris - 115 points

Harald Deathwolf - 190 points

Ulrik the Slayer - 145 points

Wolf Lord - 105 points
 + Frostsword - 20 points

+ Plasma pistol - 15 points

Wolf Lord - 105 points

+ Combimelter - 10 points
 + Frostaxe - 20 points

Cypher - 190 points

Terminators (unpainted)

Wolf Guard Terminators - 165 points
 5x Power hammer & Stormshield - 75 points
 (One DARK ANGEL power sword as counts-as hammer - for coolness sake!)

Caraphractii (unpainted)

Wolf Guard Terminators - 165 points
 Heavy flamer - 10 points
 2x Chainfist - 30 points
 Wolf Claw - 10 points
 Frost sword - 5 points
(Cataphractii armor from BaC Box counting as regular Terminator armor)

Coe0R24WAAA4W1P

Blood Claws – 180 points
 + Powersword - 15 points
 + 2x Flamer - 10 points

Grey hunters (unpainted)

Grey Hunter - 140 points
 + Wolfbanner - 25 points
 + Wolf Guard Pack Leader - 10 points
 + Melter - 10 points
 + Plasmagun - 15 points
 + Powerhammer - 30 points
(and a hidden Imperial Space Marine 2016)

Runepriests (unpainted)

Rune Priest - 60 points
 + Psychic Mastery Level 2 - 25 points
 + Helm of Durfast - 20 points
 + Stormbolter - 5 points
Rune Priest - 60 points
Rune Priest - 60 points
Rune Priest - 60 points
Rune Priest - 60 points

Scouts (unpainted)

Wolf Scouts - 70 points
 + Heavy Bolter - 10 points

Rhino (unpainted)

Rhino - 35 points

Iron Priest (unpainted)

Iron Priest - 75 points
 +  Stormhammer - 5 points

+  Thunderwolf Mount - 50 points

Thunderwolf Cavalry (unpainted)

Thunderwolf Cavalry - 120 points

+ 2x Powerfist - 50 points
 + Powerhammer - 30 points

+ 3x Stormshields - 45 points

...for a total of 3000 points, exactly.
Please, brothers and sisters, have a look over it and check if I counted right tonight, if those are all legal units AND if I translated everything right from german to english.
I'll post the pictures tomorrow, because I had to reshuffle some of the Blood Claws, which were originally 3 differently sized packs... Numbers crunching made me dizzy. (with uneven numbered squads I prepared and stuff visible/not-visible, it was a nightmare... and on top of that was considering where to put the Stormwolf/fang, the Land Raider Crusader and the Imperial Knight – but I save those for later, IF I get this right.)

Final thing to get of my chest:
Arjac was a b-... badly positioned piece of Finecr...cast! There was more frame and sprue and connections than actual model!
I hope I have to never again touch one of these models. I'm happy I never got one of the LotR ones, and now I know why people hate them so much...
I was barely able to save his shield while cutting. And the hammer is... turned and twisted, along its length. I tried to fix it a little with hot water, but I don't want to stress it even more.
Arjac 'Bendyshaft' Rockfist, it is...

More wolves for the hunt! That's a hell of a vow. Good luck! BTW, if you're not happy with Arjacs hammer, there are plenty of similar looking ones in the Wulfen box. Clip, pin, glue, and you're good.

I know, but four of those are used in the TDA Squad (together with 5 shields) and the last is used by the "Melee Champion" among the Grey Hunters.

Arjac'ss hammer is okay now, it's just something that bugs me, when I compare it to the newer plastic models, for example, Ulrik's new model or the Wulfen.

Well, a huge completion and a similar sized new vow by a new participant? Christmas came early to the Fang or what? :D

Congratulations SW1 for completing the largest vow to date! We look forward for your follow-up! 

And welcome RikuEru! Huge vow there - so good luck! :tu:

Now today is the last day before the second weekly update! So if you want to appear as strong as possible, now is the time to pledge! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Woohoo!!

Welcome to the fray Riku. If the hammer haft is really bugging you, I suggest you cut it off. Drill a little into the hammer head and the grip. Then use some thick wire or thin tube to replace it.

If you go to the ETL V Master tips topic in our forum, post number 4 (modelling tips) and take a look at the tutorial for 2 handed weapons to get an idea of what I mean.

Good luck fella!!

The question is can we get any more early completions? A quick completion and then subsequent revows is what we need! :p

Hmmm ... Guess that means I need to get off my arse and work out that second vow. ;)

Hail Brothers,

great to see the packs momentum, now where are those missing from the list....

@SW1: Barrels of wolfwhiz to you brother, a mighty completion.

I finally finished my Count-As Cypher, he's an Excoriator Marine in case someone is confused, hope you like him.

Count-As Cypher - Excoriator

P1070065

P1070063

P1070066

P1070067

I don't envy anyone who does an army of thosehappy.png .

Archived