+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

You guys are too kind. I'll post up some more pictures of the warhound. The interior and all that jazz. I went very simple with the paint scheme. Just a very easy yellow and silver to cut down on time. The hardest part was washing all that trim and then re painting it without making a huge mess on the yellow bits. Having magnetized definitely helped also the airbrush was pretty invaluable. I ended up ripping the bottom leg pauldrons off to paint as they are just held on by a small piece.

@insane psychopath: unfortunately I couldn't tell you, well I'll ask my friend, but I didn't build it originally. I actually got it off a buddy at a bits trade but it really doesn't seem any harder than any other forgeworld stuff. It's just a process of cleaning everything, pinning and using green stuff to make it strong. Magnetization is a must in my opinion and it makes it awesome to transport.

Anyways I'll take some more pictures! My camera phone doesn't seem to take the best pictures but I'll bust out the lights and backdrop and take some good ones. Maybe even a huge army shot.

I'm getting super excited for my next vow already. A huge nurgle army I've been putting off for forever. Should be 3000pts on the nose again.

Vow 2

I, Lord Thørn, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete four masters of the Warp from Codex Chaos Space Marines, of total value 617 points, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Shadow Wolves' Warband and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Tzeentch Chaos Sorceror - Thørn the Impetuous (177)

Terminator Armour

Mark of Tzeentch (Shield)

2 extra mastery levels

Power Weapon

Spell Familiar

Slaanesh Chaos Sorceror - Aelfnodh the Bold (125)

Additional Mastery Level

Mark of Slaanesh

Gift of Mutation

Jump Pack (Wings)

Khorne Warpsmith - Wieland Foehammer (165)

Mark of Khorne

Black Mace

Khorne Dark Apostle - Rickolf Rabble-Rouser (150)

Mark of Khorne

Axe of Blind Fury

PLACEHOLDER FOR PICS

I haven't taken the pics yet, but looking back at the bitz I'd chosen for my Warpsmith, he looks far more Nurgle-y then Khorne-y. Would you allow me to replace his mark of Khorne by a mark of Nurgle, Captain Semper ? (it would mean 5 more points technically)

@ Capt. Semper: I will work on the base, I'm just busy with exams atm.

After next week, I should be able to devote a lot more time to ETL, so... You should expect at least 3 more Knights, many smaller daemon engines and a fair few characters (both of the daemonic and mortal varieties).

Modest Vow to start with:

Skarbrand

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

3 x Rhinos

1 x Khorne Daemonkin Cultist unit (+3 Autogun upgrade)

Total: 666 points

I feel like vowing khorne in 6s (6 units for 666 points) is asking for trouble.

Hydra Dominatus, fellow freedom fighters!

I, Excessus, vow to finish at least the list below no later than the 15th of August 2016, in the name of Alpharius, the Emperor, and Tzeentch!

6x Flamers of Tzeentch

1x Lord of Change

1x Be'lakor

Total points: 728

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9774/Qu2RMh.jpg

Hey guys so I have criminally under estimated how much free time I have for painting and modeling now that I am trying to play Magic competitively. I don't see myself hitting 15K this year, which tragically means my throne is up for grabs for a worthy champion of chaos. I'm still chugging away at my vow, albeit slowly. I still have half a knight to build and then everything is ready to start. If this pace holds I'll likely be able to get in 2 maybe 3 vows this year. Then again who knows, I have issues with taking things casually haha. I'll be trying out IP's silver recipe on my warpsmith first before going to the warsmith or a knight though, wish me luck with that!

Got most of my vow base coated and shaded, just building up the mid-tone now which is soooooo time consuming. Also whilst trying to get fabulous bill on eBay I've managed to gain a small army and new carry case, but no bile :lol:

@ 40KChris: That;s a nice first vow, dude. Excellent!

@ Large and Moving orb: Solid vow, mate! Great to have you aboard!

@ Steve Shields: Good to see you back in the fold. Playing with Magic is basically vowing to Tzeentch, except the painting. You should n't take these things lightly. And we know you. Just make sure that you Vow yur Soul to Chaos!! Vowing to Khorne with 666 points is, likeTeetengee said, a dangerous ploy, though, buddy.

@ IP: About building a warhound: I have some pretty detailed WIP pictures of the building process in my WiP thread. From this post on, just browse through it and I'm sure you'll find some useful stuff.

@ Excessus: A very nice vow indeed, Sir! I will make sure by the end of this week, there will be an awesome banner for all late vowers.

WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME ALL LATE VOWERS!!!

NOW....

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4699492/is-there-no-one-else-caption-o.gif

Even if you´ve already joined, consider making an extra commitment and 

VOW YOUR SOUL TO CHAOS!!

I'm still plugging away, I've got the first ten cultists done, and have fallen in love with Pallid Wych Flesh along the way, but with thirty more of the blighters to go plus the rest of my vow I feel I'm going to be pretty pushed for time, especially since I don't want to compromise on the paint jobs, and honestly I don't think can.

I've decided to split things up in terms of painting order so I've done ten cultists, now I'm working on the first two chosen, plan is to do Another ten cultists and two chosen after that then do the helbrute and finally the remaining infantry. Honestly the helbrute worries me in terms of being done on schedule, but I may surprise myself.

I'll grab some pics of the finished stuff and stick them in the log when I get chance.

Right, sorry I'm late, but wanted to try to get some prep work done on the minis and come up with final points before I vow... so, let's get to it:

I, lfhoule, do rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux V and vow to complete the following units from Codex Chaos Daemons (with some goodies from Curse of the Wulfen: The Rules) on or before August 15, 2016 for a total of 933 points:

1 Beast of Nurgle    52 pts

3 Flamers of Tzeentch, 1 upgraded to Pyrocaster      74 pts

3 Flamers of Tzeentch,  1 upgrades to Pyrocaster      74 pts

11 Daemonettes of Slaanesh, 1 w/ Instrument of Chaos, 1 upgraded to Alluress    114pts

13 Daemonettes of Slaanesh, 1 w/ Instrument of Chaos, I upgraded to Alluress w/ etherblade   142 pts

6 Seekers of Slaanesh, 1 w/ Instrument of Chaos, 1 upgraded to Heartseeker w/ etherblade   97 pts 

1 Herald of Slaanesh w/ Mark of Excess                  60 pts

1 Herald of Tzeentch w/ Impossible Robe, psyker ML 2 and Exalted Locus of Conjuration  120pts

1 Daemon Princess of Slaanesh w/ Greater Ether Blade and pysker ML 1      200 pts

Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Gods of Chaos (primarily Slaanesh and Tzeentch, a bit for Nurgle ... and Khrone still cries into his flakes), and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Beast and Flamers

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0618_zpss9yiikj2.jpg

First unit of daemonetteshttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0621_zpsw7ux2ge9.jpg

Second unit of daemonettes

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0624_zps4rruuaqf.jpg

Seekers of Slaaneshhttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0622_zpsbtq9yzi2.jpg

Heralds and Daemon Princess

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/lfhoule/IMG_0626_zpsghvldkqd.jpg

First Vow done! :D

Zarakynel

Bringer of Torments, Souleater, Unholy One, Angel of Despair, The First Maiden, The Girl You Dated Last Summer, Exalted Keeper of Secrets, Lady of the Abyss, Daemonqueen of Slaanesh

med_gallery_79873_10492_213240.jpg

Of all Slaanesh's unholy servants, the name of Zarakynel is revered above any other Keeper of Secrets. Summoned from the darkest recesses of the human psyche, Zarakynel was bestowed Daemonhood as Slaanesh's perfect creation. Zarakynel is the physical representation of Mankind's repressed emotions of jealousy, sadistic pleasure and carnal desire. This potent mix contributed to the creation of the Dark Prince's most feared and prolific daemonic killer.

Zarakynel is well known to the Farseers of the Eldar race. Eldar tales speak of Zarakynel preying upon their race several times since their Fall. The Greater Daemon has ravaged several Exodite worlds on multiple occasions, slaughtering their kin and feasting upon their Spirit Stones, condemning them to eternal torment at the whims of her dark patron Slaanesh.

med_gallery_79873_10492_200328.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_39964.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_77165.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_220031.jpg

Since Augustus said they would give me some bases for these I should enter the ETL oncemore.

I Thousand Eyes of the Host of Rememberance return to the E Tenebrae Lux V challenge and vow to complete the following units from Codex Chaos Daemons on or before August 15, 2016 for a total of 334 points:

IMG_20160608_192226.jpg

Herald of Tzeentch (155pts)
Disc of Tzeentch, Psyker Level 3, The Endless Grimoire

Flamers of Tzeentch (74pts)
3x Flamers, Upgrade one Flamer to Pyrocaster

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (105pts)
Icon of Chaos, 10x Pink Horrors, Upgrade one Pink Horror to Iridescent Horror

Yeah I know it is small but I am not even sure which demons I have at home. So pictures tonight, everything correct points wise AFAIK but do let me know if there is a mistake.

Welcome Ifhoule! A very nice vow indeed. :)

Congratulations to Ata on a beautiful, beautiful finish. One of the best I've seen of that model ever. wub.png Is she single?

Welcome Thousand Eyes! I'd love to send you the bases, but I'm still waiting for you to PM me your address for them, buddy!

I've uploaded the first update in the BLACK CRUSADE // SOUL VOW ETL V Satellite Event thread. We have 8 frater brave enough to multiply their initial vows, so far.

Khorne is pleased, but the REALM OF CHAOS NEEDS MOAR!!!

Anyone still not having finished their first vows may is still illegible to VOW THEIR SOUL TO CHAOS, and will be so until they finish their first vow

I, Atia, Lady of the Rumour Tower, rise up to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX, for the glory of the main and lesser duties, for Slaanesh, Khorne, Malal and the Great Rumour-rat.

The first vow was done with Pleasure, the second shall be written in Blood.

By the gods, I promise to summon a mighty Infernal Machine from the Great Dark Beyond - a Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne, for the price of 700 skulls.

On this matter, and by my forge, I swear.

Of course there is still a lot to do, but I'm looking forward to the details! Also ... Auggi made me planning my second ETL vow already tongue.png

med_gallery_79873_10492_306812.jpg

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

ONE WEEK REMAINS TO JOIN IN!

ON JUNE 15TH THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

Archived