+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

For a throwaway tax unit, Possessed are a lot of bloody work.

Dragonlover

So are cultists, but at least possessed are over priced so good for ETL ;-) so far I have 15/40 cultists done, I figure I have about two hours of painting time available per day and it's taking two days per cultist, some weekend days I can get a whole one done. - the good news is that marines seem to take about the same amount of time, but the helbrute worries me.

Quick n dirty pic of the latest five misfits

IMG 20160628 004140

For a throwaway tax unit, Possessed are a lot of bloody work.

Dragonlover

So are cultists, but at least possessed are over priced so good for ETL ;-) so far I have 15/40 cultists done, I figure I have about two hours of painting time available per day and it's taking two days per cultist, some weekend days I can get a whole one done. - the good news is that marines seem to take about the same amount of time, but the helbrute worries me.

Quick n dirty pic of the latest five misfits

haha, all that trouble for 4 points!  Ok lemme break it down: 25 cultists left, 2 days per cultist, equals 50 days. Yet only 49 days left in the ETL. Better step up your game. 

So... yeah, no update from me. I have finished my Tzeentch group and I got started on my Slaanesh group... but now I'm over in England for 3 weeks now and the past 2 weeks had exams. So it'll be a bit before I can post an update, given I'm also using my backup laptop.

My biker lord is complete!

med_gallery_63428_9407_256800.jpg

More images...

Hidden Content
med_gallery_63428_9407_179055.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_203308.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_30889.jpg

The more visible side of the banner took quite some time...

med_gallery_63428_9407_60321.jpg

The hair is done to look a bit like the sparks of a plasma ball.

And the other side took less time biggrin.png

med_gallery_63428_9407_18878.jpg

The Eldar runes for `infinity` and `soul-drinker/scavenger/parasites/diabolical/daemonic`...and the Psychopomps icon.

I eventually settled on Space Invaders...

med_gallery_63428_9407_149413.jpg

But what's the deal with that chain disappearing off one side of many of the above photos?

med_gallery_63428_9407_244447.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_292893.jpg

Just a little souvenir. A snack for later.

med_gallery_63428_9407_20595.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_72578.jpg

With the Herald...

med_gallery_63428_9407_161737.jpg

That's my second vow complete!

My third vow:

I Kierdale vow to complete one rapier with conversion beamer from IA13 for 75 points and one (counts-as) Typhus from Codex: Chaos Space Marines for 230 points, for a total of 305 points.

One rapier with conversion beamer

med_gallery_63428_9407_217865.jpg

I'll be chaosifying the front plate and the two crew a bit more tomorrow before undercoating everything (yes, the beamer and backpack will be repainted).

And my counts-as-Typhus (the TDA armoured version of the biker lord above. Slaaneshi lords are not satisfied with but one outfit!).

med_gallery_63428_9407_158262.jpg

So here's my second completed vow: One Daemon Prince of Khorne with power armour coming right up:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/28/810155-Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Prince%2C%20Daemonkin%2C%20Daemons%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

2nd ETL vow completed!

As alaways, many more pictures can be found here.

I, Pearson73 muster my forces once more for the glory of Chaos!

I vow to complete:

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh with Alluress and Icon from Codex: Chaos Daemons for 105pts.

1 Dark Apostle of Slaanesh for 120pts, 5 Chosen of Slaanesh with three power weapons and a power fist for 170pts and 1 Chaos Rhino with Havoc Launcher for 47pts. All from Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

Total vow: 442pts

med_gallery_71441_9972_58263.jpg

Better photos will be edited in soon.

BOOM!

16ld1e.jpg

@ Kierdale: That biker lord is so inspired, buddy. I can't even begin to laud it with praise. The sadle, the colours. But the prize goes to the guardian on chain. It's so long you couldn't even get it in focus in one shot with the lord himself! :tu:  The TDA Lord /Typhus guy looks pretty swell too, and I dig how you solved the weird axe issue. Also: YAY a rapier!

@ KrautScientist: I've said it before and I'll say it again: that Daemon Prince is pure, crazy, chaotic brilliance. Well, I haven't actually said  it before, but i've implied it on multiple occasion. So I guess now it's official?

@ Pearson73: Another hefty vow! Excellent!

Thankfully, I've finally succeeded in getting all four Knights sprayed (before a downpour this afternoon and evening!). Everything is ready to be painted now - so I can hopefully begin to make some real headway through this vow.

Just have to think about the patterning and things I'll do on these Knights now...

Possessed are done, finally. On to the Maulerfiend!

Dragonlover

Pictures or it didn't happen. ;)

I'll try and get a halfway decent pic tomorrow. Half the reason I've not been doing them is I keep finishing units at like, one in the morning and the lights in my flat are dire.

Dragonlover

Thankfully, I've finally succeeded in getting all four Knights sprayed (before a downpour this afternoon and evening!). Everything is ready to be painted now - so I can hopefully begin to make some real headway through this vow.

Just have to think about the patterning and things I'll do on these Knights now...

God that rain was grim. My garden path was under 6inches of water, I nearly drowned on my way out for Rizla papers.

Well, Huron and the Havocs are done, save for all the fancy edge highlights. Oh, and basing. Chances are I'll finish them by week's end. And thanks to the three day weekend approaching me, I'll no doubt get a huge chunk of the Helbrute done. I just may get this vow finished by then, but we shall see. After that I'll have to dig around my collection of primed stuff and join the re-vow club. 

Brothers,

Just a short message not to report about my 2nd vow (which is progressing nicely) but to launch a call to arms on an ETL side project, like our Brother Augustus did some weeks ago about the Black Crusade 2016 project. As you might have noticed (or not) some of us are competing or about to compete against DAs, BAs and other loyalist guys in what we call the Gilgamesh Campaign. 

In order not to pollute the Chaos Strategium I won't give the complete story. Suffice to say that the Gilgamesh Campaign is a long term contest ala ETL (with some specific rules though) in which the Chaos Forces (aka the War Host) have been successfully fighting to conquer an Imperial Hive for the last two years. We're now playing session 12 and decided with the authorization of Kurgan and Captain Semper to open the forum to the B&C community alongisde ETL V.

The fact is that for the first time the War Host is outnumbered AND outgunned. Some Frater like Beachymike and Carrack already joined and Uveron might be the third one. Yet... DAs are reinforced and managed to deploy a Warlord Titan and start spamming Knights.

Therefore I request my Brothers' support in this fight for supremacy, especially those who are to revow here. It is with your support that we will maintain our oldest tradition: never losing a session to the DAs.

We have a specific thread in this very forum where all the necessary explanations are provided. I also update this thread with the tactical evolutions and take all the necessary time to answer any questions.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322570-the-fate-of-gilgamesh/

Those amongst you that might be willing to have a look (and maybe join us) I thank in advance.

Hunt well Brothers and good luck with your vows (present or future).

Celtic_Cauldron

You guys are all on fire! Meanwhile my army is slowly crushing the life out of me. This will be my last week paint the Plague Force Virelent Malador. I thought I would share some pictures for those who don't journey the realms...

Here are some recent, almost nearly completions.

It's funny you know, I just can't seem to finish anything. As soon as I do I change something, or add something more. biggrin.png

I got the sickness. Great work from everyone, I've been really slack with my comments but I'm ever hungry and envious of your great works.

Get those AMAZING minis done ASAP! They look 10x more ready that anything I would call "ready" myself...

I, Augustus b'Raass, hereby declare my first vow in the ETL to be complete!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsmji2zgsi.jpg

Now, lessee what I have for a second vow...

Excellent completion there Augustus - a fantastic array of models! Congratulations for your completion and your follow-up!

My biker lord is complete!

med_gallery_63428_9407_256800.jpg

More images...

Hidden Content
med_gallery_63428_9407_179055.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_203308.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_30889.jpg

The more visible side of the banner took quite some time...

med_gallery_63428_9407_60321.jpg

The hair is done to look a bit like the sparks of a plasma ball.

And the other side took less time biggrin.png

med_gallery_63428_9407_18878.jpg

The Eldar runes for `infinity` and `soul-drinker/scavenger/parasites/diabolical/daemonic`...and the Psychopomps icon.

I eventually settled on Space Invaders...

med_gallery_63428_9407_149413.jpg

But what's the deal with that chain disappearing off one side of many of the above photos?

med_gallery_63428_9407_244447.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_292893.jpg

Just a little souvenir. A snack for later.

med_gallery_63428_9407_20595.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_72578.jpg

With the Herald...

med_gallery_63428_9407_161737.jpg

That's my second vow complete!

My third vow:

I Kierdale vow to complete one rapier with conversion beamer from IA13 for 75 points and one (counts-as) Typhus from Codex: Chaos Space Marines for 230 points, for a total of 305 points.

One rapier with conversion beamer

med_gallery_63428_9407_217865.jpg

I'll be chaosifying the front plate and the two crew a bit more tomorrow before undercoating everything (yes, the beamer and backpack will be repainted).

And my counts-as-Typhus (the TDA armoured version of the biker lord above. Slaaneshi lords are not satisfied with but one outfit!).

med_gallery_63428_9407_158262.jpg

OK Kierdale, you have a problem with the Eldar? Don't we all! :P congratulations for that amazing completion and look forward for that very promising Terminator / pink Typhus!

So here's my second completed vow: One Daemon Prince of Khorne with power armour coming right up:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/28/810155-Conversion%2C%20Daemon%20Prince%2C%20Daemonkin%2C%20Daemons%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

2nd ETL vow completed!

As alaways, many more pictures can be found here.

Ugly and beautiful at the same time! :tu: Awesome!

OK guys there has been a lot of activity so far this week and I do not put it past me to have missed something. So take a look at the first page and make sure your status is represented correctly and let me know if not. You completion rate has jumped to close to 27% - a very strong performance for this stage of the event. Do not relax though, your rivals are in constant move! (very Tzeentchian this)!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

OK guys there has been a lot of activity so far this week and I do not put it past me to have missed something. So take a look at the first page and make sure your status is represented correctly and let me know if not. 

EVERYONE, Go and Check. I was trying to go over the Whole thread and its huge! 

That and we need completions! Alot of folks have dropped of the radar, does anyone have time to send some PM's? 

I'm steadily advancing on my vow, with any luck it should be finished at least during the weekend.

My next vow is also getting ready :) A Maulerfiend and some Rapiers will be good, and having them in a new colour scheme will help me liven things up again.

I've also got some Havocs, some Possessed and a Dreadnought which have been waiting years for me to get round to them, plus a good load of normal dudes and terminators, so with any luck I'll be making a full five vows.

But one vow at a time, and first thing's first, finishing vow 2 :)

As requested, a pic of the Possessed, in a spoiler because it's bloody huge:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/Mobile%20Uploads/1467209332407437849574.jpg

Here they are in the case along with all 15 bikes:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/Mobile%20Uploads/1467209435156-1398062563.jpg

Dragonlover

Archived