+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

The fourth update in the BLACK CRUSADE Satellite event has just been posted in the event thread. There's been some good progress, but as always,

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png\

Mind you: the Black Crusade is still open to newcomers. If you still haven't finished your first vow in the ETL V Realm of Chaos Strategium yet, you're still eligible to attend the event.

VOW 3

I, Tankus Wokus, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

10 Bloodletters, Bloodreaper, Icon of Chaos (120 Points)

10 Pink Horrors, Iridescent Horror (95 Points)

10 Daemonettes, Alluress (95 Points)

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne (80 Points)

5 Seekers of Slaanesh, Heart Seeker (65 Points)

From Codex Chaos Daemons

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/Vow%203.jpg

to a total value of 550 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The infernal forces of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Thats Looking Great Kraut!

Update from my work bench. Iam suffering in my new house for good lights near the spot where I can paint.. but saying that making some good progress with my pair of knights, on the final details with the Nurgle knight, and about 1/2 way though the Khorn Knight.

gallery_63905_11231_94427.jpg

This is a close up of my Nurgle Knight, more picks can be found on my WIP log

gallery_63905_11231_332489.jpg

So I bit off more than I could chew with my Disc Lord. It was an ambitious attempt that would push my limited skills with brush and green stuff to their limits. I've made so many mistakes painting, and my ability to execute my vision for the model is just lacking. Under normal circumstances, I would have put the model aside, and started on something else, but it's an ETL vow, so that's out of the question. I guess I'll have to just push on through and salvage what I can, but it's going to be hard to post pictures of my completion, when it is going to look so awful.

You can always learn from your mistakes. I find that when a model is causing me troubles that it is best to take it one step at a time and try to focus on one aspect of it before taking on the next. I know your feeling of not being satisfied with modeling or painting skills and the ETL vow is one of the biggest reasons why I haven't flipped my table over on a number of occasions because I've had to redo things countless times and things still are not how I wished them to turn out. Stick with it, don't give up hope and make an offering or two to the gods of the Warp. Who knows, maybe they might answer you.

I finally started building my Renegade Knight in the past two days... I suppose it's going to take a few days more. Such a great kit, but so many parts! And then there's still the chaosification to consider. But I should be able to finish it over the weekend and will be able to start painting :)

VOW 3

I, Tankus Wokus, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

10 Bloodletters, Bloodreaper, Icon of Chaos (120 Points)

10 Pink Horrors, Iridescent Horror (95 Points)

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne (80 Points)

5 Seekers of Slaanesh, Heart Seeker (65 Points)

From Codex Chaos Daemons

to a total value of 550 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The infernal forces of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Very well Tankus - I like it that you go for infantry units! Good luck mate! thumbsup.gif

So I bit off more than I could chew with my Disc Lord. It was an ambitious attempt that would push my limited skills with brush and green stuff to their limits. I've made so many mistakes painting, and my ability to execute my vision for the model is just lacking. Under normal circumstances, I would have put the model aside, and started on something else, but it's an ETL vow, so that's out of the question. I guess I'll have to just push on through and salvage what I can, but it's going to be hard to post pictures of my completion, when it is going to look so awful.

Right. Here's the deal: the ETL is not a Golden Daemon style of event - we do not reward excellence in painting technique or skill per se (although we do acknowledge it) but rather the commitment to see your work done to the best of your ability over the three month period. A key aim is to motivate people to expand their horizons both on the modelling and the painting front. If you're brave and inspired enough to take that step then the ETL's purpose is achieved! And even a "failed" attempt (i.e. an attempt where the end result is not to your satisfaction) is still useful and worth it, because of the experience gained. You are wiser and you are more experienced - and surely your next attempt will be more to your satisfaction.

Do you remember your first mini? I do remember mine. And as an absolute result it was nothing short of embarrassing. But it was the necessary first step to the hobby and it has a special place in my heart - in short I'm proud of it! And so should you! Show us the result and I'm sure the next attempt would be much, much more to your liking!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Post pictures and we may be able to help as well. Washes and drybrushing can also do wonders to salvage a model.

Great progress everyone! 

We still have 57(ish) guys who are working on Vow number 1. 

Be Aware only 41 more days of the ETL left! I

I will not be making any progress this week as Iam on the road this week and trying to get a few games in. 

I'm hoping to get mine done for this weeks update, then whack a quick vow 2 in as well.

Dragonlover

EDIT: Oh, and Madkids on holiday till next week but he's pretty close to finishing.

In a day or two, that'll be 56(ish) people working on Vow 1. All that's left for me is to drybrush some gold and paint in all of the 'Brute's random teeth/claws and I"ll be set. After that I'll have to look into a small second vow.

Think Ill get my butt out of bed and paint. After pizza obviously, the god of procrastinstion and offensive facebook posts is hungry.

Im like an hour from finishing my vow and the past few days have been 'cant be bothered' days. Need to get my mojo back.

This vacation week is really opening up the flood gates for me painting...another two down!

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/tonymaietta/Mobile%20Uploads/1467748686774-177946191.jpg

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/tonymaietta/Mobile%20Uploads/14677488309161392570381.jpg

Good point Uveron and the stripes have been something that I've been struggling with for years. For the moment I'm working on getting back to where I was with dry brushing and washes, once I get that settled I was planning on going back through and redoing all of my stripes. What do you suggest for colors to use? For the moment I'm just using Yriel Yellow, no dry brush or washing effects.

Good point Uveron and the stripes have been something that I've been struggling with for years. For the moment I'm working on getting back to where I was with dry brushing and washes, once I get that settled I was planning on going back through and redoing all of my stripes. What do you suggest for colors to use? For the moment I'm just using Yriel Yellow, no dry brush or washing effects.

How I paint Mine is that I paint the area I want to have stripes in a coat of  Averland Sunset. (See the Knight on the left on the image at the top of the page). If Iam doing it correctly I then draw on lines with pencil and then paint sections black and then put a second coat of  Yriel Yellow over the top. 

I should have vow 1 complete by Thursday, just need to finish painting Abaddon.  Aim make vow 2 something I can complete during next week/week & a half with the Black Legion side of things, so Contemptor Dreadnought, Cultist, Terminators & Land Raider.

Once again, lot of really cool models & update :D

VOW 1 complete. Pics to prove it:

Infernal Relic Predator

Berzerker Squad Iron Scar

The Brothers Reborn

Spawn group shot

I might try and do a second vow, but I genuinely don't know yet. Time hasn't been kind to me lately through a few work issues. But we shall see. 

Good luck everyone, and may the Dark Gods bless you all. 

Alright, here is vow 4:

I gaurdian31 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Khârn the Betayer:160 pts.

Kharn

Undivided Daemon Prince with wings, power armor and Murder Sword: 240pts.

Winged Prince

and Daemon Prince of Khorne (from Khorne Daemon Kin) with Kor'Lath the Axe of Ruin and combat familiar (the sword): 235pts.

Khorne Prince

from Codex Chaos Space Marines and Khorne Daemon Kin of total value 635 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Carrack, please post some images and we'll see what your fellow heretics can suggest :tu:

Thought Id try get my mojo back with a bit of modelling (not that kind, nobody wants to see a Nurgling dress up like a 'Nette) and build a few minis ready for my next vow.

Whats the worse that could go wrong he says as he digs out his bits boxes, had the great idea of watching a documentary on Stalingrad whilst flicking through Cities of Death for insperation and now Im sat staring at the basis of an Iron Warriors army :lol: (well Iron Warriors and Renegade Guard) funny how a new army just 'happens'.

Also, would it be cheeky if I try passing off a Razorback as a Predator?

Archived