Uverons Black Crusade: Index Thread.

This thread is to index the many threads I have (and will have) to detail the background details of my whole chaos collection, as I plan to outline my homebrew background for my Chaos Collection (A mix of Demonic cohorts, Renegade Guard and a few groups of space marines). In  many ways this is the companion thread to my WIP thread in the Forge Section of this site. Feel free to comment at any time, I would love feedback. I have never done something like this before so please excuse my overuse of tropes, spelling and grammar… and all the other mistakes I make.

== Index of Threads ==

The Cohort of Bloodied Brass

Uverons Iron Warriors

The rest of this thread will be dedicated to detailing the Obsidian Rift, which is the area of space that my forces call home, and reports and stories for the whole ‘Black Crusade’ The following are the links to my Posts that are the core of the ‘Fiction’ (Not just my responces to comments)

== Index to Key Posts ==

== Obsidian Rift ==

++ Transmission start ++
++ Date- 3.243.604.M38 ++
++ Re: Exploration of Angora #35 ++
++ To Archmagos Ononar ++
++ From Lexmechanic, Radeon++

In response to your inquiry, these are our survey files on the Angora system. This Survey dates back to the initial Adeptus Astare’s project #46545a. This file covers the basics of the system; we do have more detailed reports on each planet on file.

More information is available on request.

+++

The System

Then Angora system is found near the edge of the Ultima Segmentum close to the borders with the Segmentum Obscurus . A total of 40 orbiting bodies can be found within the system, excluding Planetesimal bodies.

The Core of the System is a binary star, Eurso A/B.

Eurso A is a larger of the two stars; it is a type G star having a surface Temperature of around 5,800K, and a solar mass of around 1.1. Whereas Eurso B is a type L star having a surface Temperature of around 1,350K, and a solar mass of around 0.6.
They hold a common barycenter orbit, Eurso B holding the inner of the two orbits.

Altenhof, also known as Angora #40, is the closest planet to the Binary stars. It is designated a Delta Tau Class world. With no atmosphere, and overwhelmed by solar winds it has all but ignored by the populous of the system. Any resources present on Altenhof would not be worth the effort for extraction. Due to the hostility of the environment.

Falsette also known as Angora #38, exists as the second closest planet to Eurso.
It is designated a Gamma M World, the planets has a thin atmosphere, made up of primary CO2, N2O, SO2 and CH4. Despite this the unbreathable atmosphere is the only prolific hazard on the planet. Two large mining camps exist on the planet, these houses a migrant workforce which ship resources to Angora #35. Falsette has one moon, Bailey. It has a fairly water rich, though is uncolonised.

Packard designated a Delta World, Packard is little more than an Asteroid, it has no atmosphere and is devoid of resources.

Angora, Gamma/Eta Class world is home to 15 distinct City’s. Each has the making of a hive city. These cities are all build underground, and have their origins as vast complex’s bunker complexes. These warrens push deep into the planet; some sections are more than 5 miles underground, habitation only occurs in the ‘upper’ half. The surface of the Planet is a wasteland, caused by the use of large unknown weapons during the age of strife.

There is a large population on the planet as you would expect from a hive world, each hive is controlled in a feudal fashion with each Hive as its own independent unit. There is no single governor, which makes the appointment of an Adeptus Astare’s chapter more viable as they will be able to integrate with political make-up of the city with ease. The population has proven itself a source of loyal troops for the imperial guard, and the imperial navy. The hives themselves produce a large variety of equipment, of note is quality found in the production of a local pattern of re-breathers.

Angora has two moons. Both appear to be captured Asteroids, having an irregular shape and a low mass. There are bases on both Asteroids that serve as a defense to the hives bellow.

Lafferty, also known as Angora #32, Is a class Alpha world, it produces a wide variety of food much of which is needed to support Angora #35. It has low populous using varying levels of automation to produce and process the food produced. Lafferty has one large moon, about 25% the size of Laffety that creates strong tidal forces on the planet. The moon itself is the base of operations for an array of relays and the inner system, fleet base.

Angora, 31, 30 and 29, are planetoids that orbit within a belt of debris that splits the core planets and the Gas Giants of the system.

Nightingale, also known as Angora 21, is a Dark blue Gas Giant, in orbit of Nightingale are 8 moons that cut though a large disk of ice crystals forming a set of rings that surround the Giant. These moons together form the base of the imperial navy. The nature and distribution of resources are listed in another report.

Horgerden, Angora 15, is a Red and Yellow giant with 6 large moons, these moons like the moons of Nightingale are mostly composed of ice and dust, but the moons of Horgerden are composed of a much higher composition of usable compounds. As such there are a number of settlements on these moons for the purpose of extracting there resources.

Beyond this Angora 9, it is a large ice giant, the largest planet in the system it has a white/blue coloration; with a high reflectance it makes it the brightest star in the night sky of Angora 35. It 2 moons the inner moon (Angora 14) is small and rich in metals and has been exploited for these resources, for a number of year, at this time there is no mining being conducted on this world.

The outer moon (Angora 13) is a much larger class Alpha world holding a breathable atmosphere, although the planet is covered in a thick ice sheet, vast structures covering the central ‘tropics’ of the planet allow for the production of food. Used to support the hives on Angora 35.

Past this there is a host of smaller comets and Planetesimal bodies that form the edge of the accretionary disk, that extend out to the edge of the system.

+++

==

Archived