Unit of the Week XII - The Repressor

Aqui

Unit of the week I - Exorcist

Unit of the week II - Imolator

Unit of the week III - Repentia

Unit of the Week IV - Battle Sister Squad (BSS)

Unit of the Week V - The Penitent Engine

Unit of the Week VI - The Canoness

Unit of the Week VII - Ministorum Priests/Jacobus

Unit of the Week VIII - Celestine

Unit of the Week - IX - Seraphim

Unit of the Week X - Retributor Sisters Squad (RSS)

Unit of the Week XI - Sororitas Command Squad (SCS)

Rather a topical one this week, How would a Repressor be best used? I've heard many stay that they are best used with a Retributor squad, but is it? Would they be best used as support for a BSS or for even a squad of Repentia?

Let's find out smile.png

When Forge World starts selling them again, my initial thoughts would be to indeed act as transport for my Retributors. The armour, fire points and additional weapon seems to make them ideal, but is it actually worth the points and the actual cost of the model. The rules are only available in the second edition of the Space Marine vehicle Imperial Armour book.

Repressor's plugged full of scouting Dominions allows them to shoot on the move. I've only begun using my converted Repressors, but have so far enjoyed the results. Though this could easily be skewed by my tendency to put my Retributors in an Imperial Bastion.

I want one, since it's a SoB transport, but the cost barrier is something I'll have to consider.

As for tactics, I wouldn't have any idea.

They have 8 fire points, and some kind of pintle weapon right? They aren't assault vehicles are they?

As for Repentia, the issue with transporting them is that they really need an assault vehicle.

Repressors are not assault vehicles, no, and most of the time they effectively only have five fire points - six of them are direction-limited, three on each side.

They have a pintle heavy flamer and a storm bolter in a limited-traverse turret, which isn't too impressive, but they come with a dozer blade for basically free, and that FAV 13 means they're pretty hard to take down until they're right in amongst you - at which point 11/10 makes them paper, but they'll actually get to the enemy, which is better than can be said for rhinos.

It's a command vehicle for the Canoness and her attached unit (in my case, 4 heavy bolters and a sacred standard). It leads the way with it's AV 13 front, while columns of Battle Sisters follow. When it gets to where it needs to stay, the command unit gets out and establishes a key rally point. 

Ummm I'm gonna say this and be the odd one of the bunch....repressor I have 12 of them... transports for sister squads, retributors and certain command squads. I like the idea of them as fluff for an urban passification transport, which my sister squads are designed for.

My idea (yet to test this theory since my sisters are in the removing the paint scheme phase again...) is to rush forward, get in range, kill stuff with out getting out of it, and if I have to get out I'm in range.

But I do also agree with Furyou Mike on thoses points she has stated. I'm going to be paying a lot of points for something that is paper thin everywhere but the front

Archived