I, Canadian_F_H, vow on the honour of The Black Templars Legi... i mean chapter, and the Imperial Fists Chapter, to fully paint at least 1 Crusader Squad (as detailed below) and 1 Imperial Fist Librarian from Codex(spit) Adeptus Astartes: Space Marines, and worth 135 points amd 145 points respectively (280 points total) by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Sigismund, Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

ct: black templar

Crusader squad

SB - Power sword, meltabombs, Combimelta
initiate - power axe,
initiate - meltagun
2x initiates - BP/CCW

135pts

IFE-IV Acadian Crusade, Crusader Squad

this plus a few left over bits from a CSM spru to make IW trophies for the 10% bonus (may swap a base to 32mm on the SB for trophy room as well), and will find a meltabomb for the SB (its still on a spru atm, i promise it will be WYSIWYG)

CT:  Imperial Fists

Librarian
- ML 2
- Terminator Armour
- Force Axe
- Digital Weapons
- The Wrath of the Primarch

145points

IFE-IV Soon to be Imperial/Crimson Fist Terminator Librarian

will find/make a terminator sized base for him, and add appropriate IW carcass/parts as trophies.

i know he's painted now, but obviously in totally the wrong colors, so i pretty much have to repaint damn near every mm of him...

i can make multiple vows at a time yes?  i could just make them seperate vows if that simplifies it any...  please advise as i will be vowing shortly

Taken from the rules:

2. VOWS

Every participant on either side must make at least one (1) and up to a maximum of seven (7) vows. Each of these vows must have at least one (1) and up to four (4) Codex-legal units. There is no limit on points.

To be accepted, the vow must be posted either in this thread (for the Sons of Dorn) or the Iron Without thread (for the Sons of Perturabo) using the following format (minor variations accepted):

I, [insert name here], vow on the honour of [insert Chapter/Legion name here] to fully paint at least [unit name, wargear, and quantity] from [source (ie. book, dataslate, etc)], and worth [total points value] by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

It is crucial to note the following things:

• If you fail to complete one vow, then all previous vows are considered void and do not count towards the final points total;
  • You must start work on your vow after having submitted it. Miniatures that are entered into the challenge must be unpainted, undercoated, or in the very early stages of painting. If you are unsure whether or not your models qualify for entry, please ask.
  • A vow must be completed before another is made. Also, once submitted, a vow cannot be modified in any shape or form so think before you pledge!

So no, no multiple vows at the same time. You make your first, complete it, and then make another until you've reached seven vows or you want to stop.

Hnnggh, while I like the painting events to get motivation to further my army, the thing I hate about them is the vows themselves because I end up doing all sorts of things not really related to the vows :P Minor work on one vowed terminator today, but aside from that painting names on some old models' bases, moldline-cleaning and basecoating some backpacks, and moldline-cleaning some bolters. And various other things. Ugh!

I need to upload the pictures, but I made a base for the old pewter terminator librarian out of 2 stainless steel washers that have the same OD as the current standard terminator bases... this suckered is heavy now I tell ya! If this guy topples over somebody is horsing around way to much...

+ List updated. +

Welcome JAG Templar, Andrew Christlieb, and Candian_F_H! Good luck with your respective vows! :tu:

Also, congratulations to Kisada and Lachdannan who have both finished their vows! Excellent work! Keep it up! :D

It won't be too dark, I don't think. However, you may want to water it down because cleaning up any overspill afterwards will be a proper pain in the rear.

I personally use a mix of sepia, brown, and purple wash but a simple brown wash can look good, too. :)

Hello folks, my name is Jim and I am new to the glorious ranks of the Sons of Dorn.

At the behest of brother Pyscho I was thinking a could make a vow and participate in the event. I was thinking I would try to keep my head an just make a small vow to start with a good variety of units. When I commence an army I usually buy the codex last, so I have no idea about points and what not. I mean I could probably dig through my 5th edition codex and get a ball park figure, but I thought we might as well do it together.

Here is what I was thinking I could vow. I just want to keep things simple at first and I will build variety and style as I develop my squads.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/394789DA-88FD-4946-B4EF-AAD7DD976525_zpsurhjh4wd.jpg

Hmm where does Kantor fit into all of this? I was thinking he would make a good crash test dummy because I cannot remember seeing him in yellow.

Anyway do let me know.

Thanks!

Here's the fourth tactical marine. Unfortunately my phone camera isn't very good at detecting shades of red. :/ There's much more depth to the aquila and purity seals than what is visible below. Also there's an (again barely visible in the picture) Iron Warrior leg on the base, which is the third and last trophy. :)

tac2zwy4.jpg

Unfortunately my phone camera isn't very good at detecting shades of red. :/

Is it any good with shades of grey? tongue.png

BrotherJim: Welcome! The models that you've shown in that picture would be worth a total value of 464 points (or 489 points if your Dreadnought is Venerable).

No active evidence of witchery in immediate video logs. Trial is required. After killing the xenos we shall put it on a scale opposite a duck, if it is the same weight as the duck then we shall burn it.

I am watching Monty Python just right now laugh.png

and precisely at that scene biggrin.png

Feels soooo good !

On a side note, building traitor carcasses that are suitably good looking yet don't over clutter a base is hard...

Pretty much done with one dude, who will be submerged in muck/ruble/debris just need to take the assembly down more... I basically built it then put it on an electric sander to wear the bottom side down flat... just need to do more to sink him more into the base essentially. And this guy is going onto a terminator base.

congraulations on your completions brothers they are looking stellar!

I, BrotherJim, vow on the Honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least; 6 tactical marines, (1 sarge 1 missle launcher), 1 Razorback with twin linked Lascannons, 1 Venerable Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon and CCW, and 1 HQ (Pedro Kantor) and worth 489pts by Saturday 3rd of December 2016. I promise to provide one "start" picture and one "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers in arms.

Ave Imperator!

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/394789DA-88FD-4946-B4EF-AAD7DD976525_zpsurhjh4wd.jpg

Aha thanks for the feedback brother-captain Dosjetka, I have just made my first vow.

looking forward to catching up on these threads and contributing what I can. ive got another tactical squad in bound so I'm brainstorming cool ways to theme them up, I might make two old school Sternguard squads.

Oh man I'm really excited - the clarity - the purity - much righteousness!!!

Some really nice completions going on from everyone.

The psycho: termie looks good. I think you mean pteruges, not tassels, though. Tassels are those things at the end of a curtain rope, or dangling from Khârn the Betrayer's helmet....

Hidden Content

http://www.trendey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tassels-decor-the-future.jpg

Yeah, pteruges. Apologies, I'm running on about 2 hours sleep today (mostly because I was up late painting and watching House. tongue.pngIt's entirely my own fault.)

Dude, relax. I was just trying to give you some interior decorating ideas. ;)laugh.png

Archived