+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

Wow, really coming along well Psycho smile.png Have you got any plans for putting him in some kind of diorama with one of your Imperial Fists?

I thought about it. I don't think so, honestly. After doing a few mock-ups, I'm not really interested in doing a diorama with him right now. Maybe someday, but not now.

Okay I have to ask, what is the model you used? Because that looks awesome. Looks like at least partially a Cataphractii terminator (has those epaulet shouldrepads).

He's mostly just a Cataphractii Terminator, but to the best of my memory the parts break down something like this:

Torso, arms, legs: plastic Cataphractii Terminators. Torso has the tab on which the head normally rests carved out so that the head can fit in. Left arm is the power sword arm with the hand carved away. The grenade harness from that kit was also used, first assembled normally and then cut in half, each section glued to the arm.

Head: Sternguard Veterans (?) with the nub at the bottom slightly shaved down.

Right hand (thunder hammer): Vanguard Veterans

Left hand: Sanguinary Guard

Trophy rack: Chaos Vehicle Upgrade Kit - you know those little "fences" you get in that? The spikes were each individually cut and then reglued onto the Cataphractii back. The extra skull is from one of the new base sets that GW released. I got a few of them from a friend.

Grenades and pouches: Bitz box. Just normal grenades and pouches, the type you get in a Tactical squad or the MKIV kit or a dozen other places.

That is some awesome Iron Works on display here!

I humbly would like to further the glory of the Sons of Perturabo and place a non competitive vow ( which sneakily coincidences with my CoC vow):

I, Xin Ceithan, vow on the honour of the IVth Legion to fully paint at least one terminator-armored Sorcerer with Combiflamer and Force Axe by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

Edit:

Here is the very early and beginning asssembly pic. I am a bit undecided on the Head option, so I have included two on the flip sided base. And I have a bare headed third option (not shown). Thoughts?

gallery_66914_10128_682850.jpg

Just show some progress on the Vindicator after today

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00530_zpsp29v9plk.jpg

Knight trophies - There base on my games during Throne of Skulls March 2014 when I fought them for the first time.  So the blue one from Blood Angels & the red one from Space Wolves oppent.  Going add the Forge World soot weather powder onto them try get as much damage look to both these as possible.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00531_zps9vjbitnt.jpg

Ork trophy base on the 3000pt game I had on my birthday.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00535_zpsiql5swp1.jpg

Right now aim is

- Add transfer tomorrow & get the Vindicator varnish

- Get weather powder added some point on Friday

- Hopeful my friend rememeber the part & then I can add the Dark Angel trophy onto the Vindicator :D

Once that finish I think I'll try vow a second Warpsmith.  Just left over parts from Warpsmith kit, techrpeist & mechanicus HQ after convert the Warpsmith for Throne of Skulls.  With Traitor hate book, look like need a fair few of them :D

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00536_zpsbkmm1uha.jpg

Could i add another castellax to my vow? Due to the kindness of Augustus b'Raass i managed to finish another one:

Since you haven't started painting and you had already mentioned it when vowing, I'll allow it.

However, I'd rather people not make any changes from now on :)

In other news, I've received my decals brass etch, Iron Warrior Heads (I really thought I'd put the pads in the cart too... Oh well, must have been waiting for Burning of Prospero)

Oh, and my new baby - an Achilles-Alpha :devil:

Didn't have a chance to paint last night, and possibly not tonight either, but I'll try to have my Warsmith done by the weekend.

Y'know, I am really enjoying painting up this Iron Warrior. I think this will likely turn into an army project: probably slow, but it will. I'm considering stripping down the Night Lords Predator Infernus I never finished painting and adding it to this force. Hmmm...

Could i add another castellax to my vow? Due to the kindness of Augustus b'Raass i managed to finish another one:

Since you haven't started painting and you had already mentioned it when vowing, I'll allow it.

However, I'd rather people not make any changes from now on :)

Thanks a bunch mate, i have the ambition to use up all seven available vows, because every point helps against the seventh legions thinbloods. ;)

I promised a second vow in October, so be it!

I, Celtic_Cauldron, vow to honour a second time the IVth Legion Astartes by deploying the following units from the XIIth Grand Company:

- Hammer of Foes: 1 Vindicator with its Siege shield. Cost: 130 points.

- Iron Claw: 1 Vindicator with its Siege shield and a Havoc Missile launcher. Cost: 142 points

- Brother Ambrosius: 1 Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought with twinlinked lascannons and missile launcher: 160 points

Total cost for Vow 2: 432 points

I will upload the initial pictures and edit this post ASAP.

Iron Within! Iron Without!

Celtic_Cauldron

I, Insane Psychopath, vow on the honour of the Iron Warriors 5th Grand Company to fully paint at least 

• 1 Warpsmith, 110pts
  • 1 Daemon Prince, with Power Armour & Mark of Khorne 180pts

Total: 290

By Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!!

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00195_zpsai3jpbjv.jpg

Daemon prince inspired by this really cool conversion from Warhammer World 40k open day last year

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/WWorld%20Chaos/DSC00173_zpsuxp8mzff.jpg

Then my Warpsmith (only has Leadbelcher spray & Nuln oil shade so he ready to paint)

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00138_zpstkvppaz4.jpg

Teetengee i'm definitely stealing that leg idea. Have you read Daemon world by by Ben Counter? Has a semi mechanical Khornate daemon prince in it and all it's minions are part machine too. 

great work everyone, I really must take time to visit the chaos area of the forum more often.

Teetengee i'm definitely stealing that leg idea. Have you read Daemon world by by Ben Counter? Has a semi mechanical Khornate daemon prince in it and all it's minions are part machine too. 

great work everyone, I really must take time to visit the chaos area of the forum more often.

I'll have to read it, might give me some good ideas for my iron warriors daemonkin.

Archived