Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sublime Sound Seekers

wip chaos Slaanesh noise marines bases Etl Noise Marines Chaos

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts
  • Faction: Sublime Sound Seekers

Hi!

While tring to kill time waiting for Etl's results, let me show you some results of the Etl

Here on B&C you may find all kinds of marvelous armies, with legendary background, incredible conversions and unbelievable paint jobs.

I, for a change, will offer you a journey into a sonic weapons / bikers heavy army who at best goes for a little more then 6 and half out of ten in all the previously nominated fields. Which, by the way, is thematically appropriate (Slaanesh) as the vote should be near 6,666666666666...etc ^^

So, (not so well taken, better to come) pics first! 

gallery_92981_12014_1127990.jpg
gallery_92981_12014_1608459.jpg
gallery_92981_12014_527697.jpg

Most of the army (everything excluded the actual noise marines, the hellbrute and a couple of characters) was unpainted or even unconstructed before this year ETL (Thank you Semper, and all of you(and my wife), wonderful event!)

A bit of background

Long story short, they are posers. Nobody knows exactly how it started, but a chaos lord was a freaky fan of Fulgrim and had an obsession for sonic weaponry, even if he was not a part of the original Emperor's Children legion. So he simply sought after renegades warriors and the equipment and implants of fallen noise marines to make the warband of his dreams. More concerned with finding the perfect and loudest sound of the galaxy then to seek victory or glory he eventually became a spawn (included in the army, guess which one!).

His successor was only a bit smarter, but the warband was to crumble if not for a Sorcerer (without the mark of Slaanesh) that now subtlety manipulates the new lord into doing his bidding.

More story to follow

And now...modeling problems:

HOW SHOULD I BASE THEM??

(options are red sand, putty heavy/demonic flash bases or...well, any suggestions? What goes with pink?)

Edited by Filkarion, 24 August 2016 - 01:15 PM.

• Kierdale, Pearson73 and heptus like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_TyraniMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

The Skull Knight

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,669 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands
Nice colour on these guys!

As for the bases, I'd go for creepy fleshy bases, but perhaps in some bright unnatural colours that will contrast with that of the armour?

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

Nice colour on these guys!

As for the bases, I'd go for creepy fleshy bases, but perhaps in some bright unnatural colours that will contrast with that of the armour?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Maybe I can combine some red sand with putty and the special "creepy mutated flash" recipe I managed to found during this project!

it's vallejo death flash (if i remind correctly) and Citadel Druchii Violet Shade

the mixture in action with my custom obliterators flash

20160815 110640
20160815 110316
20160815 110232

(more on them later)

another example and maybe more close to the desired result as fumes and mutations on one of the biker sorcerers; unfortunately no good pics of that yet

I think it worked good as mutated flash, it gives me a strange, almost shivering feeling. I would really like the "as we advance the terrain itself mutate feel!

Suggestion on this topic are very welcome

Edited by Filkarion, 22 August 2016 - 10:47 AM.

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_TyraniMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

The Skull Knight

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts
  • Faction: Children of The Violet Heart

Smexy. One more of us, one less of them.

I would recommend a fairly neutral grey base, so as not to draw attention away from or to clash with your pinkments.

EDIT - I wonder if you would do me a favour, old love? How tall/wide is the Hellflayer, not counting the Exalted Alluress or her weapons?

I plan my armies before I buy them, which includes planning storage/transport, so I need to know how many Hellflayers I can fit into a 12x15" foam tray and what depth that tray needs to be.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Res Ipsa Loquitur, 22 August 2016 - 12:46 PM.

"I have of late - but wherefore I know not - lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilential congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither. Nor woman neither."

Posted Image

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

I would recommend a fairly neutral grey base, so as not to draw attention away from or to clash with your pinkments.

Seems a sensible response, still I'm tempted...Maybe neutral base with some flashy bits...I love mutated flashy bits as the next slaaneshi

EDIT - I wonder if you would do me a favour, old love? How tall/wide is the Hellflayer, not counting the Exalted Alluress or her weapons?

Sure, as soon as I can I will give you all your precious measurements (cm or inches?).  I must mention the model itself can be easy magnetized to split in 2 (2 steeds per part, unfortunately, maybe better to keep it all together)

Well, on a only slightly related topic, let's talk about the Helldrake!

my approach

20160815 112300

Bat-Drake! O maybe more Hell-Bat! Or maybe "Love son of Bruce Wayne, a proper Helldrake and a Noise Marine"

So, I guessed the original model was pretty ok (yeah, I have easy going tastes) but when I finally started to work with it i discover that

1) the hollow body is't great but I can live with that

2) It fitted very well with the Zombie Dragon Bat head and his screaming pose/theme (but I don't like that tongue)

3) It's a shameful waste of great bits!

The claws and the small back legs can have a lot of better uses then disappear in the model; much more if you take account that, when you finally notice the small back legs, it suddenly becomes a turtle with an iron delta-plane implant...

The talons on the wings are easily unnoticed...again for the better, as they seem to suffer from a bit of "Tyrannosaurus syndrome" themselves.

So I go for a "minimal" approach; my Helldrake is a screaming bat, and I think it has the good line of the dragon without its awkward parts
Also fits with the army noise weaponry and so Slaanesh^^

What do you think?

(better pics soon)

Edited by Filkarion, 22 August 2016 - 02:08 PM.

• Res Ipsa Loquitur likes this

The Skull Knight

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts

Grazie mille.

Either cm or inches is fine.

My dudes are purple, but you can see how grey bases look with them in my WIP thread. http://www.bolterand...mies-on-parade/

It doesn't compete and nicely contrasts, IMO. My dudes are also quite dark, so it brightens the whole thing up a bit.

"I have of late - but wherefore I know not - lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilential congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither. Nor woman neither."

Posted Image

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,421 posts
Nice work!
Can we have some close-up photos?

For basing how about lush grass or Wraithbone? Have them fighting on a maidenworld.
  • Filkarion likes this

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts

There is somebody here who based their daemons with grass and painted it up to look like the daemon was leaving footprints behind them, burned into the grass. It looked awesome, but intensive.

Posted Image

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,421 posts
I've done it as if the grass was burning away from them, rather than them leaving burned footprints, but if you could do that...fantastic.
  • Filkarion likes this

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

@Res Ipsa Loquitur: first thing, the hellflayer measurements are

18 cm long (including the steed's tongue)()

16 cm large (including the blades, around 12 without them)(6.2")

7 cm high (not including the passenger)(2.5")

make it 19x17x8 to be sure

rest later

The Skull Knight

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts

Ta, muchly. That's English English for 'grazie mille'.

• Filkarion likes this

Posted Image

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

Ooooook, it's been  a long day^^

About the bases, I'm still undecided... I discovered that the Genova GW store will host an "Armies on Parade" so maybe I can get a goo idea for a display base and the relative models bases....

I like the footprints idea, but skill requirement for a good result scare me a bit

I have some pics of the HellBat as requested, Master Kierdale (yes, I'm a fan, yes also for the spawns, no I don't want to remember, yes I'm remembering and yes now I'm freaked out)

Quality is as bad as could be, still bearable as I followed some tips from your thread on photos from mobile

here they are

gallery_92981_12325_1218615.jpg
He breath green sound...minty
20160822 205722
The terrorgeist head fits nicely into the Helldrake body and blends well with the back spine
20160822 205615
20160822 205552
The demon flesh is the mixture I talk about before (Vallejo death flash and Citadel Druchii Violet Shade), like it^^;;
Hey, the legs are missing! Did you notice? I almost didn't an surely don't miss them
gallery_92981_12325_1049540.jpg
I reversed the last segment of the wings, to made the already impressive original silhouette a bit more...original?
gallery_92981_12325_1672917.jpg
gallery_92981_12325_447635.jpg
Look, I'm a butterfly!
20160822 205435
gallery_92981_12325_31013.jpg
If you are seeing this and you are not in terminator armor, you are probably dead
20160822 205232

Suggestion for improvements or questions are extremely welcome!

Edit: Direct link to pics, so you can see them at a decent size and better spot at all my errors biggrin.png

Edited by Filkarion, 24 August 2016 - 12:39 PM.

• Kierdale likes this

The Skull Knight

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

As requested from Dragonlover, who also got a preview...

Introducing the first and the wildest of my Sorcerer's Cabal

Baaltasar the Magnificent, ex librarian of the III Legion

gallery_92981_12326_493614.jpg

(Gods, he really deserves better pictures)

gallery_92981_12326_547721.jpg

Actually, this one is not so bad

Conversion itself and paintjob could have been better, but I kinda like him.

The idea started obvioulsy from DoomRider(!!!), expecially this

b6348219651f73c9ee010be50843adbe.jpg

I needed some Biker Sorcerers for a sweet cabal, so the idea almost came naturally

Then I suddenly thought about rearing up the bike

The brazier idea came up after I suddenly remembered a Rammstein concert my wife brought me to... (that gave me a lifetime of flame related 40k conversion ideas)

the head I found was good but i needed a more Caotic look, so i added the horn-mutation

Cape was mandatory.

that leaved me with the weapon...I wanted some hybrid between a staff and an axe, so I did this

gallery_92981_12326_249498.jpg

Seemed "Emperor's Children" enough ^^

gallery_92981_12326_314196.jpg

gallery_92981_12326_663242.jpg(maybe too close)

Overall I'm really happy with him...except for....the "feet of shame" 

gallery_92981_12326_526485.jpg

I really should not show this pic, but maybe you can suggest a fix.

Obviously I carefully planned legs reposition, posing with bluetac and so on...then, when time of the glue came this happened!

A small shift in position made the mess

So, conversion doctors, the least messy solution is?

• Res Ipsa Loquitur and BrotherJim like this

The Skull Knight

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts

Rammstein literally set fire to the MEN Arena's ceiling when I saw them.

Good times.

Posted Image

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,988 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
That Heldrake looks the nuts! What are you gonna do with the unused legs?

Dragonlover

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

Legs and claws are very good bits, should look good for a hellbrute, but I guess the best use is on a Knight.

For now i will simply hoard them, and look around for inspiration (maybe B&C galleries would helpmsn-wink.gif )

The Skull Knight

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

I hope self WIP post necromancy is not against forum rules^^;;

Looong time not active in the hobby...well, I have done something, but now I want to show you my (not) awesome last titanic creation work... 3 miniatures!!

I was playing around some "Slaanesh terminators gladiators". Not the Khorne guys, who just want blood mixed with sand, but some real artists who prioritize on set a good show

I had the AoS base set and some eldar/necrons/chaos scraps, plus some "high value" bits...

so

20171208 035512
The first one is your average 10k years veteran, with a prosthetic hand in a lovely "Verso Pollice" gesture (yes, the hollywood movies one, I know it's not historically accurate^^)
20171208 035717
The other is my favorite, because of the mace, probably
20171208 035817
The third one is in a "Cheer the audience" pose

I'm currently painting them (no less!) so here's a WIP shot (awful quality as usual)

IMG 20171211 WA0003

Hope you like them

• Res Ipsa Loquitur likes this

The Skull Knight

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

The hobby is a strange beast. Sometimes you loose  yourself in it all night and the something like this appears

Kako primaris

Edit:

no new pics but another one, they will be my noise champions, so this one has got a Doom Siren!

Doom siren
Doom siren bk

Edited by Filkarion, 07 January 2018 - 03:15 AM.

The Skull Knight

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wip, chaos, Slaanesh, noise marines, bases, Etl, Noise Marines, Chaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users