Soldier of Dorn

So... I may have just ordered a Mastodon. As such, it looks like my list will probably be changing a bit. :P

Anyways, great work everyone. Between normal everyday stuff and the sudden development of a something suspiciously akin to a social life, haven't had as much time to spend on the B&C as I might like. I'll take care of the updates tonight, and have my vow ready by the end of this week.

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 6)

Folks,

Well another week down and it looks like we have a problem….

http://i65.tinypic.com/2uqhqtw.jpg

All is not yet dust on Prospero…..

Couldn’t resist a little kit bash and a go at a Thousand Son, especially given the new box set. I actually hold a deep affinity for the whole tragic fall of the TS’s and the Burning of Prospero is a fundamental part of heresy lore; I just didn’t care when Calth got irradiated….

Of course, this does mean my painting of the ECs hit a block! Lol, I might find myself more distracted than usual! I think it might be a cool idea to run an allied detachment with Hathor Maat, so I can have some Librarians!!

Vow Failure

Well, if you are going to fail, fail spectacularly!! That said, things aren’t looking too bad, a lot of the hard work is done in relation to base coating, the armour etc. It’s just a matter of finishing stuff off.

Vow

I been working on a 10 man tac squad in conjunction with the first vow, which was meant to be for the AoP board, but I only managed to do the 5.

So can this months this months pledge include 10 man tac squad, with Sgt, power sword at 195pts!! I hope I’ll be in a position to clear this and the rest by mid month, and then crack on with something else.

Review of Last Week.

With BoP hitting I kind of got swept up with the excitiement, and didn’t really have that much painting time, what with RL and various job interviews on the go. I did obviously manage that test MKIII marine,.

I have been working a lot on the Apothecary, particularly the whites! I didn’t do his narthemium arm when I airbushed the white, so took time building that up along with his knee pads. Anniyingly I’ve lost his backpack somewhere, so that could really stymie things! Hopefully a tidy up will sort that.

Plans for this Week.

I really need to bite the bullet and do something with the speeder; it’s just sitting there mocking me! I’m thinking painting the odd panel black, and then add stripes to the fins. Once that’s done I need to figure out how to do the graviton gun; think it’ll need to be pintle mounted as the multi-melta is underslung, and I’m quite lazy….

I’ll try get a few more WIP pics up, and hopefully get some feedback, I’ve hit a bit of a wall with the Sgt and the Praetor, so we shall see what transpires…

Future Prep.

I am itching to get some converting done on the plastic Tartaros Terminators may well be a distinct possibility…. And I do have my lovely gift of a Proteus to build! We shall see....

Almost got the Wolves finished tonight. Only lacking the base and a wash. Also got the lone wolf base coated with the Fang. Never mind the fuzzy splatter look, I their something that failed, but luckily didn't resort in me having to strip it.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161106_211507_zpsvhu5egf2.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161106_213409_zpsd98mlyb1.jpg

I do need help figuring out something. I want to do something different with all the metal trim. Keeping in mind the power plant on the back, would it look good to have plain metal decorations, or do the gold like I did on Bran? I just can't quite figure it out.

Right. I've entered all the vows into the ledgers, but I'm not altogether happy with the layout. Will be fixing that in the next few days.

I'll get my vow together and stuff in the next few days. Been feeling a bit out of it, but trying not to take my bye month just yet.

I am almost finished with my first 10 man squad painted up and ready for decals... I based and primed a 5 man jump squad of BA, 3 tactical fists, a salamander tactical and finally broke my deredero apart to 'fix' the ammo feed on the left cannon. - honestly im jazzed about the super lascannon arms and may totally break this dude apart or do the unthinkable and buy a second ;)

Purchased an inline moisture trap for my pancake compressor and hope to have a few minutes to attach it and spray for a few minutes this week as I'd love to throw some base coats and highlights down.

Ill try and get some pics up asap as well as writing out a vow for Nov-

I know its looking like the above dudes and 2 rhinos and a spartan for sure:)

So... I may have just ordered a Mastodon.

I hear you dude. It happens to all of us. Sometimes you're just wandering around your house, and than suddenly BOOM! you trip, fall, and your hand lands on the mouse button and tadaaaaa you've just clicked 'confirm' on your paypal. Isn't that the worst!? ohmy.png

So... I may have just ordered a Mastodon.

I hear you dude. It happens to all of us. Sometimes you're just wandering around your house, and than suddenly BOOM! you trip, fall, and your hand lands on the mouse button and tadaaaaa you've just clicked 'confirm' on your paypal. Isn't that the best!? :o

Fixed.

And congrats on the huge tank purchase. Don't let it sit in a box for months!

*looks at my 3 Malcadors in pieces I've had since before 3 Malcadors were a thing in lists*

Slowly making progress on the Typhon. One side almost done. Black needs relayering on some panels, lascannon needs detail, but more or less almost done.

Any suggestions what to put on the furthest front black panel though? Other side will have kill markings there, not sure what to put this side.

14900535_1266755123384436_7406729482595811225180_1266755120051103_69766901478553

Kurama, I'd paint faster, but I keep on getting distracted with Battlefield 1. I have this need to kill proto-Nazi's and teabag them with my friends.

To everyone else, keep up the great work! It's a great motivator!

Hot damn, KBA. That Typhon.... The lighting effects looks fabulous.A bout the panel: you don't necessarily have to put anything on it. Why make things symmetrical? thumbsup.gif

I know I don't have to. But my original plan had been some cool freehand painting on the side. Think the God in the 'Creation of Adam' painting, but only flayed and with a skull :p Unfortunately I realised the sides were far too small. But then looking at the side just feels a bit empty without anything else. No trophies, no designs.

Maybe a company number actually.

Hot damn, KBA. That Typhon.... The lighting effects looks fabulous.A bout the panel: you don't necessarily have to put anything on it. Why make things symmetrical? thumbsup.gif

I know I don't have to. But my original plan had been some cool freehand painting on the side. Think the God in the 'Creation of Adam' painting, but only flayed and with a skull tongue.png Unfortunately I realised the sides were far too small. But then looking at the side just feels a bit empty without anything else. No trophies, no designs.

Maybe a company number actually.

Company number should definitely do the trick. However, now that you told us about that flippin' awesome freehand idea, you owe us it on another vehicle.

Company number it is :D

Aug: if I get round to finishing everything else in my vow, I'll be ready to repaint the fellblade. That has sides long enough to get the design on, certainly. So maybe...maybe...

Archived