+ + + LEGENDS OF ANGELS 2016 + + + (Liber Edition)

Grand Master Belial

The Inner Circle presents:
gallery_4664_12529_35635.jpg

Dark Angels Thread

The Master of the Deathwing walked cautiously through the stacks of tomes. He had to shed his armor to walk into the narrow confines of the Librarium. His approach did not go unnoticed to the various Librarians working and studying in alcoves cut into the rock. This area was dedicated to the Inner Circle of the Deathwing and only those brothers inducted into the circle were permitted to enter. His glance caught on a recently transcribed tome describing the service record of Naaman for future study and inspiration for other Sergeants tasked with training in the 10th Company. Belial allowed himself to recall the events where the two had shared the field of battle. It was in an after action report that detailed how Naaman had died facing a dreadnought while he had assisted the First Company on Piscina.

“Master Belial?”

Snapped from his collection of thoughts, he turned to the Codicier that stood next to him. “How many of these are there within the Libraries of the Rock?”

“There are precious few. Most are about the Masters, Grand Masters of the Chapter and those interred in the sarcophagi of the dreadnoughts. Your own has already been started, but for those who never made the Rank of Master would be lucky to receive a paragraph in the Rolls of Honor in their Company Tome. It is a sad shame, many Company Veterans have tried to record their fallen brothers honors in battle only to fall in battle before their task is complete.”

“It is something we should try to remedy. I will see to it, Codicier.”

INTRODUCTION:
The Legends of the Angels is a Forum Event aimed at participants creating unique stories about a character, squad or chapter. While this has started out as a Dark Angels only event, it is being opened to those in other forums who would like to participate.

HOW TO ENTER:
1. Make an oath in this thread in the following manner:

I, <<your name>>, Scribe of the <<CHAPTER, LEGION or REGIMENT>>, in the name of the <<PRIMARCH/EMPEROR>>, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story about <<insert character or squad here>>.

2. Write your story and submit it in the Fan Fiction Subforum with a link posted in this thread before Midnight of February 6, 2017.

MODERATI REQUEST: I do not have the powers to edit a thread so can I ask a Moderati to clean up the thread to remove unnecessary posts so that after the completion of the competition it is nothing but the final stories?

ENTRY CRITERIA:

• The story should have a minimum 200 words and a maximum of 5,000 words. Spell-check and grammar-check are highly encouraged and recommended.
  • Optional: Include artwork or photos of scenes from your battles using your painted minis.
  • Optional: Include characters or squads that were a part of a prior Painting Competition or the Brotherhood of Angels Competition or MAY be a part of a future Competition.

Possible Story Ideas

• A narrative of a squad or individual marine’s performance in battle (from one of your games).
  • A story taking place in the time of Horus Heresy, possibly a link to the BL books.
  • Fleshing out a story in the History of the chapter (The Fall of Gideon - Master of the Ravenwing, The Subterfuge of Supreme Grand Master Anaziel and the creation of the Disciples of Caliban, etc…)
  • A story about one of the Heroes of the chapter (Asmodai’s First Black Pearl, The Fall and Rise of Ezekiel, etc…)

The Shadow Guard’s simple steps to Fan Fiction:

• Pick a model in your army, it doesn't have to be the commander nor your favourite model. It may be even a lowly neophyte or a veteran Deathwing Sergeant.
  • Think of a game you played where this particular model did very well. Eg: A devastator lascannon marine who took out three tanks? A scout sniper who did the enemy commander in? A chaplain who led an amazing charge... you get the idea….
  • Write down how the battle took place building around the model in question.
  • Then go back and add some information about the early years and then follow up with the aftermath.
  • Keep reading it again and again and you will find that you can add additional details to flesh things out and voila Luther's your traitor!!

Food for thought provided by the Liber Astartes Forum
Thought Experiments

REWARDS:
Once you make your oath you may wear the following banner or module in your signature:

gallery_4664_12529_13522.jpg

Once you complete your submission you will be given a chapter badge that you may wear the completed banner or module:

gallery_4664_12529_16642.jpg

OATH BEARERS

• Barabbas Sogalon - Sergeant Karol Iskender, "The Faceless"
  • Brother Mikael - Alessandro the Selfless
  • Captain Lenoch - Scout Librarian Tirus - STORY THREAD
  • Cartoon Head - Random Important Guy
  • Cryptix - Loyalist Survivors of Squad Achron - STORY THREAD
  • Grand Master Belial - War Shaman Squad - STORY THREAD (WIP)
  • Kelborn - Mikail
  • Olis - High Reclusiarch Remis - STORY THREAD
  • Race Bannon - Ferum Caelum - STORY THREAD
  • Realityburn - Honored Eldest - STORY THREAD
  • Servant of Dante - Stories of the Ecclesiarchy - STORY THREAD
  • Thurservor - Brazydas

I got a question that I'll post my answer here.

Entries in this thread is open to all factions within the B&C. (The DA have a dedicated thread as that is the birthplace. I will glady start a forum specific thread with Mod permission.)

Remember that write ups are to be placed in the FAN FICTION subforum so that we don't cloud up the LIber Forum with Sororitas, Chaos, AdMech or IG stories.

I, Olis, chronicler-devotee of the Conflagrators, in the name of the Emperor and the Liber, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story about High Reclusiarch Remis.

Also, a question - is it possible to make a submission to this thread and the DA one (seeing as I made a Chapter for the BoA event not too long ago)? Different entries, of course.

Also, a question - is it possible to make a submission to this thread and the DA one (seeing as I made a Chapter for the BoA event not too long ago)? Different entries, of course.

Absolutely!

There is no limit on number of entries or types.

I've got a rather generic vow, because I thought it would be fun tongue.png

I, Servant of Dante, layman scribe assigned to assist the Order of the Quill, do make this oath of moment to here submit several stories recounting various actions of the servants of the Adeptus Ministorum, translated into the low gothic from the work of Sister Auria Feineth of the Order of the Quill, as ordered by the Sister in the name of the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind.

(The Order of the Quill is one of the Orders Diologus based in the Convent Sanctorum (which is of course on Ophelia VII))

I, Cartoon Head, Scribe of the Flesh Eater, in the name of the Sanguinius, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story about an undecided, but assuredly important guy, that I wont totally have made up in five minutes having gotten close to the deadline and yet committed nothing to page.

tongue.png

I, Grand Master Belial, Scribe of the War Shamans, in the name of the Emperor, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story about a Squad of Lynx Company.

If anyone has seen my suggestions to Vagabird to help out with a new chapter. It's stirred up some ideas for me to write about.

Depending on the feedback I'll get about my latest ideas for my Warbeasts chapter, I may be able to participate in writing a story of a Fallen Angel and former Knight of Lupus. :)

I, Kelborn, Scribe of the Warbeasts, the distrusted savages, in the name of the Emperor, the golden Warrior, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story about Mikail, the first black hunter of Abassi and the last true son of Caliban.

May his legacy and thus of the Clan never end!

• 3 weeks later...

The First story submitted in for the Legends has come from the First Legion! Well Done GreyRavenC! 

We are a little over a month into this three month long event. I need to post some progress on my own story soon. Hopefully the other scribes out there are doing well?

OATH BEARERS - Dark Angels 

• Arioch - 6th Company Master Arioch
  • GreyRavenC - Sergeant Magalean - STORY
  • Guardian of the Order - Scout Yochanan
  • SteelDragon26 - Brother Akariel

OATH BEARERS - Liber Astartes

• Barabbas Sogalon - Sergeant Karol Iskender, "The Faceless"
  • Brother Mikael - Alessandro the Selfless
  • Cartoon Head - Random Important Guy
  • Grand Master Belial - War Shaman Squad
  • Kelborn - Mikail
  • Olis - High Reclusiarch Remis
  • Servant of Dante - Several stories

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I'm sorry but I have to withdraw my vow.

As it turns out, I wanted too much at the same time. ^^

The Wrath of Magnus / Thousand Sons hype led to the creating of my TSons warband and the Warbeasts chapter. It's been a month since I worked on both of them. So I decided to focus again on more important projects like the BotL again.

Therefore, I'm unable to afford the necessary time to continue my vow. :/

cheers

With the Mods blessing, this will be here again next year.

Of course, brother. Although I cannot speak for my fellow Liber Mods, I suspect all four of us are glad to welcome your Forum Events. Also, being an experienced organiser of these things does mean you are a valued member of the B&C community. ^_^

I, Cryptix, Scribe of the Blind Lions, in the name of Konrad Curze, the demented and the lost, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story about the loyalist survivors of the squad Achron.

I, Realityburn, being a Scribe of the Raven Guard, in the name of Corax the Deliverer, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story of the Honored Eldest.

The last remaining survivor of Istvaan V, his ancient Contemptor chassis rests on Deliverance, forgotten by all save the Shadow Masters and Tech-priests. When xenos threaten the Ravenspire itself, the ancient one will be roused from his centuries long slumber to battle alongside his brothers once more.

Gur! I can't edit this thing because I get too into it every time I read it tongue.png This is something I wrote around the time of the Genestealer cult release. It's the only time I've ever had to write something right now. I sat down, and I think my hands were shaking with how excited I was feeling. Of course, the topic of such an experience was an Ecclesiarchy Cardinal rallying his congregation against a cult uprising. Hopefully this counts toward my vow, but I have other ideas I intend to write about in the furture smile.png

I really do hope you enjoy. I'm pretty pleased with this piece myself, and I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.

Hidden Content

An imposing figure stands upon the balcony, his somewhat copious form looming over the still growing crowd far below. His golden and white robes flap in the afternoon breeze, and his gold staff glitters in all its gem-encrusted glory under the light of the sun. Around his stern, sagging face flock a half-score of cherubim, their laud hailers awaiting his voice. He looks down upon the flowing masses assembled below the balcony of the Ecclesiarchal Palace, the seat of power of his Diocese, as the smoke begins to rise from the fringes of the hive.

“Brothers and Sisters,” he bellows, his voice amplified a thousand-fold to echo over the tumbling spires and into dilapidated underhives of the city, “I come before you not as a Cardinal of the Ecclesiarchy, but as a fellow child of our Immaculate God-Emperor! This very day, this very hour, the enemies of our Lord on Terra, the enemies of humanity, are upon our doorstep, nay within our walls, our cities, our very homes! They come not from the void, or the irradiated wastes of the northland, but from our cities, from the highest spire and fom the deepest underhive, our mines, our villages and towns!”

His eyes blaze with holy fervor as he continues, “Laying bare their heresy for all to see they rise from the depths and descend from the heights, calling, from their blasphemous lips, upon the populace to rebel against their Emperor!” his jowls gyrate as spittle begins to pool at the corners of his mouth, “But we, the faithful, see through their lies, their heresy, evident in their every word! Xeno abomination they consort with, blaspheming against the word of the Emperor of all men! Mutation they spread with glee and abandon, tainting the purity of the glorious human form, the physical reflection of Him on Terra which we all possess! Against His church do they strike, kneeling before false deities!”

His staff sparks against the surface of the balcony as he reaches fever pitch, his arms whipping up and down as his words ricochet like bullets over the crowd and down the streets and alleyways of the hive as fire burns in his eyes, “Witches! Yes, psychic abominations they do shelter and hide from the Emperor’s saving light! These thrice-dammed infidels dare encroach upon the domains of the Emperor, our homes!? We cannot stand idle in the face of this affront to our God and Savior! We shall rise in response to their heresy! We shall fall upon them as the avenging light from above! We need not fear, for the Emperor is with us: He is our strength and our shield, and we shall not falter! With our bare hands we shall strike down the roiling mass of mutants, the insidious deceivers, the false prophets, which seek to tear us from our Emperor’s embrace!

Now he raises his staff overhead, pallid flesh holding the Ecclesiarchal icon high, “Gather your weapons: guns, swords, clubs, hammers, take all that you can find! We shall rally before the oncoming tide, and with the Emperor as our witness, we shall beat it back. We shall pursue the foe wherever they go; they shall lead us to their strongholds, reveal their dark hiding places, and their insidious schemes shall be laid bare before the Emperor of all! The gates of their keeps shall shatter, and the followers of the True God on Terra shall pour through and BURN. THEM. DOWN.”

His voice almost breaks as he sends forth his congregation, “Go forth; tarry not! Do the Emperor’s work and have no fear. Only in death does duty end, and only through death shall we live!”

• 2 weeks later...

I am not rescinding my vow, but I am altering the subject.

There is just too much of my original idea to fit comfortably in a short story, so I am going with something that does lend itself to short format.

The title will simply be "Trial", and it will still feature my beloved denizens of the Ravenspire.

If you must have a character name for the top post, Veteran Sergeant Kylless Rook (7th Squad, 3rd Company) will be prominent.

I, Race Bannon, scribe of the Raven Guard, in the name of Corax the Raven Lord, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story of Ferox Squadron, members from 7th Squad of the 8th Company, sortie against Orks near the ruins of Hiket City on Medusa V.

This will be close.

Real close.

Archived