The Master of the Deathwing walked cautiously through the stacks of tomes. He had to shed his armor to walk into the narrow confines of the Librarium. His approach did not go unnoticed to the various Librarians working and studying in alcoves cut into the rock. This area was dedicated to the Inner Circle of the Deathwing and only those brothers inducted into the circle were permitted to enter. His glance caught on a recently transcribed tome describing the service record of Naaman for future study and inspiration for other Sergeants tasked with training in the 10th Company. Belial allowed himself to recall the events where the two had shared the field of battle. It was in an after action report that detailed how Naaman had died facing a dreadnought while he had assisted the First Company on Piscina.
Snapped from his collection of thoughts, he turned to the Codicier that stood next to him. “How many of these are there within the Libraries of the Rock?”
“There are precious few. Most are about the Masters, Grand Masters of the Chapter and those interred in the sarcophagi of the dreadnoughts. Your own has already been started, but for those who never made the Rank of Master would be lucky to receive a paragraph in the Rolls of Honor in their Company Tome. It is a sad shame, many Company Veterans have tried to record their fallen brothers honors in battle only to fall in battle before their task is complete.”
“It is something we should try to remedy. I will see to it, Codicier.”
The Legends of the Angels is a Forum Event aimed at participants creating unique stories about a character, squad or chapter. While this has started out as a Dark Angels only event, it is being opened to those in other forums who would like to participate.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Make an oath in this thread in the following manner:
I, <<your name>>, Scribe of the <<CHAPTER, LEGION or REGIMENT>>, in the name of the <<PRIMARCH/EMPEROR>>, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story about <<insert character or squad here>>.
2. Write your story and submit it in the Fan Fiction Subforum with a link posted in this thread before Midnight of February 6, 2017.
MODERATI REQUEST: I do not have the powers to edit a thread so can I ask a Moderati to clean up the thread to remove unnecessary posts so that after the completion of the competition it is nothing but the final stories?
- The story should have a minimum 200 words and a maximum of 5,000 words. Spell-check and grammar-check are highly encouraged and recommended.
- Optional: Include artwork or photos of scenes from your battles using your painted minis.
- Optional: Include characters or squads that were a part of a prior Painting Competition or the Brotherhood of Angels Competition or MAY be a part of a future Competition.
Possible Story Ideas
- A narrative of a squad or individual marine’s performance in battle (from one of your games).
- A story taking place in the time of Horus Heresy, possibly a link to the BL books.
- Fleshing out a story in the History of the chapter (The Fall of Gideon - Master of the Ravenwing, The Subterfuge of Supreme Grand Master Anaziel and the creation of the Disciples of Caliban, etc…)
- A story about one of the Heroes of the chapter (Asmodai’s First Black Pearl, The Fall and Rise of Ezekiel, etc…)
The Shadow Guard’s simple steps to Fan Fiction:
- Pick a model in your army, it doesn't have to be the commander nor your favourite model. It may be even a lowly neophyte or a veteran Deathwing Sergeant.
- Think of a game you played where this particular model did very well. Eg: A devastator lascannon marine who took out three tanks? A scout sniper who did the enemy commander in? A chaplain who led an amazing charge... you get the idea….
- Write down how the battle took place building around the model in question.
- Then go back and add some information about the early years and then follow up with the aftermath.
- Keep reading it again and again and you will find that you can add additional details to flesh things out and voila Luther's your traitor!!
Food for thought provided by the Liber Astartes Forum
- A Narrative Shift
- A Hero's Fall
- A Progenitor's Judgement
- The Final Days
- A Breaking Point
- A Red Alliance
- A Bond Of Blood
- A Derivative Original
- An Unshaken Faith
- A House Divided
- A World Burns
- Of Different Blood
- A Different Time
- An Unexpected Battlefield
- A Sudden Change
- Where Were You
- Re-Evaluating Interests
- A Galaxy of Possibilities
- New Blood
- Up to Chance
Once you make your oath you may wear the following banner or module in your signature:
Once you complete your submission you will be given a chapter badge that you may wear the completed banner or module:
- Barabbas Sogalon - Sergeant Karol Iskender, "The Faceless"
- Brother Mikael - Alessandro the Selfless
- Captain Lenoch - Scout Librarian Tirus - STORY THREAD
- Cartoon Head - Random Important Guy
- Cryptix - Loyalist Survivors of Squad Achron - STORY THREAD
- Grand Master Belial - War Shaman Squad - STORY THREAD (WIP)
- Kelborn - Mikail
- Olis - High Reclusiarch Remis - STORY THREAD
- Race Bannon - Ferum Caelum - STORY THREAD
- Realityburn - Honored Eldest - STORY THREAD
- Servant of Dante - Stories of the Ecclesiarchy - STORY THREAD
- Thurservor - Brazydas
Edited by Grand Master Belial, 06 February 2017 - 07:17 PM.