Sagentus's Khorne army - Contemptor Dread and DA

Sagentus

Augustus is Da Man!!   But we all knew that.  What AoS kits are you using? The Blood warriors?  They SO need to update the 40 Berserkers and Noise Marines. . I can neither confirm or deny I may have a Khorny project in the works, so I'm curious.

He certainly is. Yeh using the blood warriors kit with mkIII legs and i got FW chainaxes (but the molding is pants, wou;ld advise getting something different). I totally agree, Berserkers and Noise Marines are in desperate need of an update and i bet they'll be epic once they do finally bring them out!

oooh, dont think puppa nurgle will be blessing you if you do, but Khorne will protect you if you gather enough SKULLZZ!!!

Gederas did a nice tutorial here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353666-blood-warriors-to-khorne-berzerkers/ im doing something similar :)

Edited by Sagentus

You're very welcome Sagentus :D. It looks like you have a nice start to your army with the stuff Augustus sent too and having used my Flesh Hounds in a game recently I know they are pretty good. I included a Chain Fist attachment to replace the missing one on one of the Terminators - It had snapped and I couldn't find the original piece. As mentioned in Augustus letter, that was a total dick move on your ex's part and I hope this can really help you to get a little closer to the collection you want.

All the best with it mate and I really look forward to seeing what you do with them :tu:

Nemac

Just so you know, another bitz drop is on its way. Now I fear I won't be able to match the crazy generosity of some other frater - Nemac's massive champion is truly something to behold, and receiving a painted squad from Augustus is a special delight, as I can say from personal (and recent) experience - but, like I promised, I am going to chip in as well. :)

Just so you know, another bitz drop is on its way. Now I fear I won't be able to match the crazy generosity of some other frater - Nemac's massive champion is truly something to behold, and receiving a painted squad from Augustus is a special delight, as I can say from personal (and recent) experience - but, like I promised, I am going to chip in as well. :smile.:

And another one, from across the pond. ;)

Glad to be of help! Be advised, however, that the forces of the warp tried to conspire against you, as I found out at the post office today that due to some new regulations, sending bitz packages abroad has become more than twice as expensive as before...

Never fear, though, the package is on its way and should hopefully be with you shortly! :)

It arrived Kraut!!! the forces of the warp let it get through in one piece. And all i can say is thank you for all the bits, I have some ideas to used the centurions as Oblits, with some conversion work. All the other bits will greatly help me convert my cohort some more :smile.:

Thank you for the note too:

gallery_95896_12723_845057.jpg

This is some of the models in the box, the OOP champ will be fun to try and buff up and get him to intermingle with my new berserkers. as for the termi's they will be a nice addition to the ones red sent me.

gallery_95896_12723_1658245.jpg

Here's the main bodies of the centurions, always thought about converting these into oblits and after seeing a sneak peak of the new ones it has inspired me into invisioning how i would like them to look.

gallery_95896_12723_1283028.jpg

heres a pick of all the other bits in the box, tonnes of bits to play with and to help add character to my cohort. Really like the look of the pike.

gallery_95896_12723_879531.jpg

Now for some more berserkers ive finished putting together, Ill gs the gaps once i for the full squad built and get it all done at once (hopefully then ill have less wastage)

gallery_95896_12723_1250646.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_1032861.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_867815.jpg

@Rednekkbos - I havent forgotten to post pics of your large donation, I tried to upload the pics and the 2MB restriction is being a pain haha. But i will get round to it :smile.: p.s, the back packs and chainswords are coming in handy thus far :wink:

Also im now on Instagram, follow me on Sagentus89 :D

Edited by Sagentus

@Vairocanum ... After all the bad that happened, its turned out for the best, with the help of others on here i can now start afresh and improve my cohort. Hopefully taking more skulls per berserker on the way ;) 

@Nemac Vradon ... Cheers mate, just need to buy an airbrush, paints and brushes, then i can paint up the ones you sent me :D thought that was you on insta, the nightlords are indistinguishable

quiestion... am i going to have to buy 2 seperate sets of paints when using an airbrush and normal brushes? also, whats the vote vallejio or GW paints?  

quiestion... am i going to have to buy 2 seperate sets of paints when using an airbrush and normal brushes? also, whats the vote vallejio or GW paints?  

You may if you don't like putting the effort into thinning the paints down to use in the airbrush :lol:

And in regards to Vallejo vs GW: Vallejo is easier to use in airbrushes because they're in dropper bottles, GW is easier (imo) to use for regular brushing.

I dont mind putting the effort in to thin down the paints if it saves me money over all. 

I was tempted to transfer all my paints into dropper bottles this time, then it would be a bit easier to put the paint onto a wet pallet 

@Eldrick - cheers man, defo going to give the wet pallet a try!

Nearly finished the champion for this squad, need to get some detailing onto the PF and clean up the GS, but I'm happy with him.

gallery_95896_12723_352223.jpg

gallery_95896_12723_612702.jpg

sorry about the quality of the pics, will get photo bucket sorted soon hopefully

Awesome updates!

Love that “Khornate Khare Package” on so many levels.

Thank Hush ... I couldnt have done it without the Kornate khare packages. They have inspired me and given me plenty of parts to help. 

That guy looks dope!!!! I couldn’t sculpt with green stuff if my life depended on it. Great stuff

Cheers Betrayer!! really happy with how he's turned out myself. I'm not the great with GS myself, I used the pipe making tool for the bit on his arm, now just need to get a mould of a chest plate to stick on his PF

The champion looks the business, love that head!

Thanks Chaz ... the head is the normal champion one from the blood warriors, I just cut the top knot off because i wanted him to look different to the exhaulted champ Nem sent me :D

Cheers, Sagentus! Glad to see my package arrived and the contents have use to you :) 

Re: the question of aribrush paints vs normal pints: I find that I actually like to thin them, so I advice just thinning your normal paint for use in your airbrush. The one thing I strongly advize getting is Valejo Flow Improver. Not just for your airbrush, but for all your paints. It'll chance your life. :tu: