You know you're an Iron Hand when...

Bjorn Firewalker

Your response to the comment "Feirros is not worth it" is to shoehorn the Iron Father into a suitably modified Imperial Knight's Throne Mechanicum.

Feirros (as his Imperial Knight's TWIN DEMOLISHER CANNON vaporizes three Hammerhead gunships whose railguns failed to penetrate his ion shields): "Who's unworthy now, you fools who stand against the Emperor and His Imperium?"

• 1 month later...

After reading No Guns Life, you resolve to replace your head with a quad lascannon, becoming the perfect weapon the Emperor may wield in defense of His Imperium. You're already giddy at thought of all the augmetic enhancements you'll need.

http://nogunslife.com/wp-content/themes/nogunslife/images/character/inui_pop.png

Iron Hands Brother Juzo: "I should relocate my brain into my chest cavity, to make room for the quad lascannon. My rib cage will have to be expanded to accommodate my brain, so I will need to replace the ribs with an adamantium shell. I might as well add a third, artificial heart while I am at it, to take advantage of the expanded chest cavity."

Juzo: "Without a skull, I will no longer be limited to two eyes, so I might as well install optics on the back and sides of my head, granting 360-degree vision- plus an integral auspex, to better aim the quad lascannon. I will also need to reinforce my backbone, hips, and legs to bear the weight, so I might as well install an artificial spine to serve as backup, so I will not be paralyzed or crippled in the event my original spine is severed. I should also boost the actuators at my joints, to improve my mobility- maybe even salvage a jump pack's turbines and mount them to my waist, so my silhouette will resemble that of a trench coat wearer."

Juzo: "An A2W nuclear reactor should provide sufficient energy to power the augmetics- unless I need to overcharge them in the face of a Daemon Prince- best install two reactors. I should also integrate a heavy bolter into the power fist replacing my right hand, so I can deliver a proper Funke Faust."

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 1 month later...

You try to make your other armies more "Iron Hands-y."

For example: The Black Templars player who tried to have an Imperial Knight "count as" the Emperor's Champion. Or the Astra Militarum player who tried to have a Land Raider count as a guardsman.

70a85d6c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Khorne worshipers leave the battlefield the moment you arrive.

Khârn the Betrayer: "I do not fear the Iron Hands' courage, or their augmetically enhanced strength. I simply do not see the point in fighting machine men with no blood for me to shed in Khorne's name, or skulls to harvest for the Skull Throne. No, look again, before I carve out your eyes: the Iron Hands have no skulls, they relocated their brains to the adamantium shells replacing their rib cages, so gun turrets may replace their heads.

"Yes, I admit it is frustrating the quad lascannon-headed Iron Hand keeps sending me to Khorne's realm before I may cross blades with him."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster" is your personal theme, one you make every effort at living up to via hypno-indoctrination to eliminate fear and other emotional weaknesses from your mind, augmetic enhancement to eliminate physical weaknesses from your body, etc.

(Think a reversed version of the official video, of human youths being transformed into something more than human- Astartes.)

• 2 weeks later...

You know you’re an Iron Hand when Malcador sez

NO MAGNETS FOR YOU

When you successfully counter with the argument "I need the magnets to make my own railguns!"

Cue the Emperor ordering the Fabricator-General to deliver tons of magnets to you.

And then the Emperor SEZ "NO XENOS TECH 4 U!" :D

The railgun and the Hammerhead gunship are NOT the products of xeno technology, but of human technology the thieving Tau stole from its rightful owners- watch TRON, compare the Light Tank to the Hammerhead, and the Light Cycle to the Piranha.

The AdMech should sponsor an Iron Hands' crusade to reclaim those long-lost STC patterns from the thieving xenos.

• 1 month later...

You try to kitbash a Land Raider model so it can transform into a war robot made in the Primarch's image, to honor him...

And YOU SUCCEED.

(This Optimus Prime actually transforms into the Rolling Thunder, a G.I. Joe vehicle; but it's a good starting point for kitbashing a Land Raider into a Transformer.)

• 3 weeks later...

You think being a "harem anime protagonist" means having an armory with a large variety of weapons.

Iron Father Tenchi: "Should I go to war wielding a storm bolter in one hand, a power sword in the other, as is my custom? The heavy flamer? The new assault cannon with which Magos Washu gifted me? The Great Crusade-era reaper autocannon, which Iron Chaplain Yosho confirmed is untainted? Or go the other route, and optimize for close combat, with storm shield and thunder hammer? The matched pair of lightning claws?"

Chaplain Yosho "errrr... just make up your mind dang nabit."

Iron Father Tenchi: "How can I choose between all these wonders? I must wield them all!"

Iron Chaplain Yosho (palms his face as Tenchi fixes the heavy flamer on one side of his carapace-mounted Cyclone missile launcher, the storm bolter on the other side; the assault cannon to his left gauntlet, the reaper autocannon to his right; the power sword, thunder hammer, and lightning claws to his Terminator armor's servo-arms): "That boy..."

Ferrus Manus' spirit (giving Tenchi a thumb up): "That's my boy!"

• 2 weeks later...