Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

Oh man, that's nice! Even at this stage it is a treat for the eyes!

Thanks very much! Hopefully you'll still be saying that once it's finished.

Gotta love that purple. Which paints are you using again? :D

I use an old Citadel colour called Warlock Purple, layered up by adding more and more white. Its out of production now, but Games Workshop have a current colour called Screamer Pink that's pretty close.

Man what an awesome thread Syn! I just finished going through the whole lot. I’m slowly getting my Slaanesh force together, and have been looking for inspiration with a colour scheme for the EC. That purple of yours is just brilliant, and your conversions/ GS work are terrific! I’ll be sure to follow your work

Hey, thanks very much! I'm glad you like my take on the Emperor's Children. You say your starting your own Slaaneshi force, do you have a log on the go? I'd love to see what your working on.

No I don’t have one on the go yet. I’d started a couple small chaos projects that quickly lost steam. Then I approached Slaanesh again after scoffing it for many years, and seeing the works of yours and guys like Kierdale for example, I have a whole new appreciation and have really embraced it.

Keep an eye out over the next couple weeks, hopefully I’ll have a log started. In the mean time, I’m looking forward to more of yours!

• 2 weeks later...

No I don’t have one on the go yet. I’d started a couple small chaos projects that quickly lost steam. Then I approached Slaanesh again after scoffing it for many years, and seeing the works of yours and guys like Kierdale for example, I have a whole new appreciation and have really embraced it.

Keep an eye out over the next couple weeks, hopefully I’ll have a log started. In the mean time, I’m looking forward to more of yours!

Awesome! I look forward to it!

So yesterday was my local clubs Yearly charity tournament, Winter War. I had an awesome day, with three great games, and I didn't do too badly either. I usually lose all three games and come in last place, or not far from it. But this time I won two games and came 19th out of 42! I had a grudge match with Insane Psychopath in round 1, and by complete coincidence I got to play against Biohazard in round 3!

So, without further ado, here's some pic's from round 1.

FCF5erB.jpg

m7gstT4.jpg

JaVzgBS.jpg

x3L3Rf2.jpg

3HyoKRG.jpg

7YzwNBI.jpg

d8mjd2d.jpg

Pn2C6VF.jpg

I7Mx81p.jpg

04eZiWn.jpg

ghBGPMi.jpg

And round 3 was a punch up between my Emperor's Children and Biohazards World Eaters, but this time we actually remembered about the objectives of the game too!

75ErNku.jpg

EzWCdhR.jpg

t8pay2w.jpg

kflTbM6.jpg

M9ZAdH3.jpg

aTvtXgS.jpg

hPVjAk7.jpg

tCWLgIk.jpg

cJMerAw.jpg

8iFeblN.jpg

So there you have it, three awesome games against three great opponents. The clubs lighting isn't great, so the photos are mostly either blurry, flashy, dark, or all three together!

You remembered the Objectives. I may have forgotten a couple but it was a lot of fun just smashing each other. The fight with the Siege Dreads really could have gone either way :tu: Some great pics here though bud. I didn’t take as many as I thought especially in Game 2 against the wolves where pretty much everything was in melee turn one :D Fun times.

Also that pic of your Daemon Prince against the Psyker in game two just screams ‘YOU SHALL NOT PASS’ :D

Edited by Biohazard

Vallejo warlord purple is pretty close to the old warlock purple from GW. Did you try it ?

I have been tempted to buy some warlord Purple, but I've still got a few pots of good old GW Warlock Purple to get through. Though when it runs out (and it will eventually) Vallejo will be where I turn to next I think.

You remembered the Objectives. I may have forgotten a couple but it was a lot of fun just smashing each other. The fight with the Siege Dreads really could have gone either way :tu: Some great pics here though bud. I didn’t take as many as I thought especially in Game 2 against the wolves where pretty much everything was in melee turn one :D Fun times.

Also that pic of your Daemon Prince against the Psyker in game two just screams ‘YOU SHALL NOT PASS’ :D

It was a great game, objectives or not! I do love it when a game turns into an army sized punch up. I was really surprised at just how much punishment the Siege Dreads can take and dish out. They're well worth the points. I'm pretty sure that the little psycher in game two actually managed to kill my Daemon Prince! The Tempestus Scions are nasty with their AP-2 firepower and deepstrike. I'm tempted to finally get my Chaos ones painted up.

Looks like an awesome tournament! The leviathan looks great painted up, great to see such brilliant armies go up against each other!

Thanks very much, it was a great tournament. I actually did better than I've ever done before! I usually get totally wiped out in all my games.

Those battle shots are great and your leviathan looks like a proper beast on the table!

Thanks buddy, the Siege Dread was a mean unit. Its really nasty in combat. I armed it with the Soulburner Rebudkin, which did surprisingly little damage. I might have to try out a different gun next time.

The Siege Dread is painted up now so I'll get some decent photos of it up soon.

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again, your army looks really stunning on the table, I would feel intimidated as hell if I had to play against something like that ;). Also Insane Psycopath, Biohazard and you sounds like a tournament with a hell of a high level on the modelling and painting side of the hobby, I wish it was like that around here, where it isn't that infrequent to play against half painted armies on tournaments...

Looking forward to more pics! I also have to say "try all the guns!" because it's more fun to apply them on the table and watch the enemy driven before you. Was this the first set of games you got in with him?

Yup, the tournament was his first time on the table top, and I couldn't change his weapons for each game. But I'm definitley going to try out the other options to see what I like best.

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again, your army looks really stunning on the table, I would feel intimidated as hell if I had to play against something like that :wink:. Also Insane Psycopath, Biohazard and you sounds like a tournament with a hell of a high level on the modelling and painting side of the hobby, I wish it was like that around here, where it isn't that infrequent to play against half painted armies on tournaments...

Well thanks very much man! And your right, there were a lot of really cool looking armies at the tournament, and the voting for best army was really colse. But I managed to take the Players Choice trophy!

I've finally got around to taking some photo's of the Siege Dread.

LU5Oh1s.jpg

WYuaG9y.jpg

zEEDM58.jpg

9lmrjOX.jpg

Siege dread looks fantastic. Great to see shots of it in all its majesty!

Understood you could only run one gun in the tournament. Looking forward to its future games and the souls it will reap for Slaanesh.

I'm liking the sound of the grav-flux bombard, I think I'll give that a shot next. I really wish the Primaris Dread came with a second combat arm; I'd like to make a Siege Dread conversion that kitted out for combat.

Here's one more photo I forgot to post up earlier.

J1qvPAN.jpg

At the tournament, just before my game against Biohazard, I wanted to get a photo of the Siege Dread conversions that Biohazards, Insane Psychopath and myself had made shortly before the tournament. Luckily me and Bio were on the same table. So while IP was setting up for his third game, I casually stole his Siege Dread to snap a group shot. The lighting in the club hall isn't great, and its a bit too flashy, but I think they look pretty cool all together.

Next up will be my Chosen Champion to get the unit finished off. He's also the last model for my Call of Chaos vow, do I'd like to get him done.

My Call of Chaos vow is complete!!!!

The Chosen Champion is fnally all painted up after sitting on my desk staring at my for what feels like ages. But here is.

0dQ9ozU.jpg

DYiwH4l.jpg

And here's what the unit looks like now that they're all together.

9ZNXfgM.jpg

Edited by SystemSyn

Thanks very much guys! It was good for me to do something a bit different with the unit. I'm pleased with how the robes have turned out, plus they're surprisingly quick to paint. Next up, I'm wanting to get another Obliterator done. I've only got two as I used to use them as single model units. But since 8th ed I've been unable to use them as you need 3 per unit. So one more and I've got a legal unit again.

The champ came out great and he looks proper leading those chosen!

Looking forward to seeing another obliterator. I still have three resin ones I am toying with the idea of putting to use.

Thanks very much!

I've been away in Berlin for a bit, so I've not done much hobbying lately. But I've made a start on the third Obliterator now. I really don't like the look of flesh on top of armour the models have, so I've spent a while removing it all and filling in the gaps with green stuff. Next up I'll get to work on the details.

KAlSNwN.jpg

idEml1C.jpg

While in Berlin I found an awesome shop called FUNtainment, so I picked up a few new kits.

nMQ4a7J.jpg?1

The Primaris Apothicary is just for bits. He's covered in cool parts, so he'll be getting picked apart. The Escher gang I bought because I really like the models, so I'm wanting to turn them into Cultists. The current Cultist models are cool, they just don't fit with the aesthetics of my army, but these will fit in much better. The only issue I have with them is their heads. I like the heads and I'm tempted to keep them as is, but part of me wants to change them, I'm just not sure what for.I think they might siut masks, but I have no idea what to use for that.