2017 - A Tale of Hobbyists - Sign-up

All, 

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. "Real Life" hit hard this last week. Getting back on track today. Let me know if I have missed anything! Like a change in project or even a Pledge. 

I MrBadweed, pledge myself to the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, my goal will be to FINALLY start and end an army for 8th edition. My project will be a yet unnamed and unfleshed warband of the Black Legion led by Ekron Fal and, if im diligent, the Primaris marines of the Dark Imperium set as adversaries.

Wellcome to the Tale! 

That'll coalesce more once I get my mitts on the updates to the setting; my current thoughts are something along the line of disparate IG elements meeting up at a Vraks-like world. I like the idea of tying it to the Indomitus Crusade, my DIY Chapter's Master fanboying out over RG when the Master shows up for new gear and geneseed at Mars after being cut-off from the rest of the chapter and getting some Primaris handed to him.

Ok, Sounds Good! 

Ok, Ok, I'm sold! The bit about allowing me to finish off uncompleted stuff swung it for me! I can get those Apothecaries all done and dusted!

So I will be vowing a crusade era Emperor's Children force, a kind of Pride of the Legion force, with lots of elites /unique units and characters from the Black Library novels. I'll nominally base around Solomon Demeters 2nd Company!

Iam Glad, Welcome to the Tale! 

I gianlucafiorentini123, pledge myself to the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, my goal is to expand my Black Crusade force with some of the new Primaris to face up against them. 

Does your Black Crusade have any other information? 

I glomshark can hopefully participate in the event with a Betrayal at Calth boxed set which is split as follows.

15 man Imperial fists Tac squad 

15 man Iron Warriors Tac squad

5 Iron Warriors Terminators 

1 Imperial Fist contemptor  Dreadnaught

1 Imperial fists Chaplain 

1 Iron Warrior Captain in Cataphracti Armor

All tentative pending budgeting  issues 

Is there a set theme to this project? Other than Iron Warriors V Imperial Fists 

I, Umbros, commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. I pledge to complete a contingent of Primaris Novamarines and also some scenery.

Welcome to the Tale! 

BlueBelly1863, commit to participate in the Tale of Hobbyists 2017. I'll be working on a force of Imperial Guard, to be joined by Primaris Space Marines once I acquire the new starter set sometime down the road. Might try to get some scenery done as well. Really looking forward to this! 

Welcome to the Tale! 

I, Brother Captain Firelupus, commit to the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyist. I shall reinforce my chapter of Dorn's Wolves. 

Welcome to the Tale! 

My participation is tenative, but if I can join, it would be the 1st battle of paramar.

I snazzyninja, commit to the Bolter & Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyist. My pledge is a 75 power point death guard force that may end up being a homebrew faction :)

Also i think this project will be a good chance for me to finally start learning how to use greentsuff and already have a few ides for some kitbashing ;) 

I, Daemonifugue, commit to participate in the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My overall goal will be to finish of my existing Alpha Legion cell and build the extra units to bring it up to 2000pts. Who knows, there may even be time for some objective markers & scenery.

Welcome to the Tale, Daemonifuge! 

I'm game for this. Think I'll be painting Dark Vengeance (Black Legion) and Dark Imperium (Death Guard) with a smattering of Khorne to mix it up. Aiming to paint 100 models for my Chaos force for the rest of this year. 

Welcome to the Tale! 

Further to my original pledge I would like to change the scope of my project a little as already indicated in the other thread with the first two pledged units.

It will still be for the glory of the Omnissiah, I just have one or two smaller projects first.  To tie it all together I have come up with some work in progress fluff.

The Defense of the Elysium Forgeworld

I have updated this in the project list! 

I ST. Lazarus, Commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, My Project the Black Templar crusade to liberate the ork occupied Cardinal world of Lazarus.

Sounds Like a great project! 

Lol ... This is going to be The Tale of Tales with some serious momentum building up here.

:thumbsup:

I hope so... =) I know I need the motivation. 

This should be fun :smile.: I, fisheyedbunny, being of sound mind commit to the 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My project will be starting with Primaris Howling Griffons and expanding out to include some other Imperial support options

Sounds Fun! 

Still time for me to jump in?

I, FirstSonofHorus, commit to participate in the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My aim will be to complete a cadre of Captain Calvatus's Ultramarines Primaris strike group (with a few friends tagging along). 

Going back to my roots. The army I started the whole hobby with. 

Yep Still time to Jump in! Wellcome to the Tale. Looking forward to the seeing the progress. 

My participation is tenative, but if I can join, it would be the 1st battle of paramar.

Well you have till the end of the month to decide if you want in! 

I snazzyninja, commit to the Bolter & Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyist. My pledge is a 75 power point death guard force that may end up being a homebrew faction :smile.:

Also i think this project will be a good chance for me to finally start learning how to use greentsuff and already have a few ides for some kitbashing :wink:

Sounds Fun Welcome to the Tale. 

IMPORTANT NOTE!

You have to the end of the month to sign in.

If I have missed updating anything in the  list of participants please let me know! 

Also today the clock starts on the Project thread. Please go and have a look at it and make some updates! 

Been procrastinating for far too long! NO LONGER!

I, FlamingWalnut, Commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, My Project is the rebirth of the Phoenix Wardens and their crusade of retribution.

“The Phoenix Wardens and their multitude of allies made their march to assist in the Siege of Cadia, but were struck low by traitors from within the chapter and the insidious forces of Nurgle at their control. Starting with Six companies strong, the Wardens now limped along with barely two intact companies and a shattered will to carry on. It was only with the fiery faith of the Sisters of the Order of the Feathered Saint and the reinforcements of the new Primaris Marines did the Phoenix Wardens reignite their will in the fires of Retribution!

Restocked, remanned, and bolstered in faith, the Phoenix Wardens and their allies surge forth after the traitorous dogs, and to continue forward into the Dark Imperium to strike down the forces of the Archenemy!"

My project includes the new Primaris ranks of the Pheonix Wardens and the remainder of the hardened veterans that must teach them. Alongside them are the Adepta Sororitas of the Order of the Feathered Saint, the 42nd Caol Abhuman Regiment, and elements of the Inquisition and Magos Biologis. Inclusion of battlefield terrain from the road to Konor and forces of the Archenemy pending.

Am I being completely dense, and can someone point me towards the project thread.

I completed the Jackal-Wolves, seeker squad for my 6th legion before the start of this kicked off.

My project is going to revolve around the scout plus search and destroy elements, primarily deployed by Harl Red-Knifes 4th company. Therefore it consist mainly of seekers jetbike teams, javelins and recon marines + vigilator, however depending on painting speed and timescale other sections of the war on Prospero may be explored further.. 

Am I being completely dense, and can someone point me towards the project thread.

I completed the Jackal-Wolves, seeker squad for my 6th legion before the start of this kicked off.

My project is going to revolve around the scout plus search and destroy elements, primarily deployed by Harl Red-Knifes 4th company. Therefore it consist mainly of seekers jetbike teams, javelins and recon marines + vigilator, however depending on painting speed and timescale other sections of the war on Prospero may be explored further.. 

Here ya go!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334194-2017-a-tale-of-hobbyists/

I jumped the gun and posted In the other thread before here but....

I, Mikael Wiffinberg, Commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My pledge is to finish my DA successor chapter "The Angles Blade" that I have been chopping and changing (and adding to) for 7 years! suffice to say... its barely half painted

I don't play but have made them codex compliant for the chapters they belong to

The Angels Blade (Base space marine index/codex) consists of, tactical, devastator, assault etc etc, with Dark angels allies being purely Deathing and Ravenwing

I see this as a good motivation to finish what I have started many years ago using the skills I have developed and tips I have picked up lurking on the internet
(wet pallet was a game changer)

I Khalic, Commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists.

My Project is: Murderous Ignorance

“In the long list of events mankind helped to shape, few things have marked the galaxy like the Great Crusade. Knowledge, territory and lives were absorbed by the imperium, adding to its might with every world made compliant, every system industrialised and integrated into the great, secular Imperium of Man.

It was the last time humanity did any significant scientific achievement and searched for enlightenment through wisdom. Since then, well... there is... oh you know how it goes. Billions of lives burned in the unending fire of war. But there is one often forgotten victim of the Horus Heresy and subsequent reigns of terror and zealotry inflicted by the High Lords of Tera: Knowledge itself."

- A scholar of one-forty-five, speaking to a rodent in a prison cell, awaiting execution for spitting on an inquisitor after beeing rescued from the planet. M41

-

A detachment of the indomitus Crusade goes missing after investigating on one-forty-five (014005), a Jungle World discovered by the Blood Angels during the Great Crusade. Any other information about this world was deleted, records expunged by the inquisition.

Guilliman takes interest, recognising one of the systems adjacent to this one, a very old report, from the interex campaign.

So the planet is an old Interex world, with a mix of ancient buildings from the Kinebrach, Interex and imperium ruins, taken over by vegetation. 

We'll have imperial fists, mainly with veterans, buildings and heavy support (the first detachment) and and Ultramarine detachment with Guilliman, ideally a battle company with lots of Primaris and assault elements.

I'll probably add some civilians or a militia and lots of ruins.

Been procrastinating for far too long! NO LONGER!

I, FlamingWalnut, Commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, My Project is the rebirth of the Phoenix Wardens and their crusade of retribution.

Welcome to the Tale! 

I, Mikael Wiffinberg, Commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My pledge is to finish my DA successor chapter "The Angles Blade" that I have been chopping and changing (and adding to) for 7 years! suffice to say... its barely half painted

Welcome to the Tale! 

I Khalic, Commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists.

My Project is: Murderous Ignorance

Welcome to the Tale! 

When's the first month deadline, 17th July or the actual end of that month?

DEADLINES: 

FIRST VOW: 7/17/17* (everyone gets one 'do over month' as log as they post by the end of the Month saying they will not finish and updating everyone on the progress) 

Evening,  I ogres_lair commit to participate in the 2017 Tale of Hobbyists.   Long have my necrons lain dormant as the countless years  pass.  The time has come for the awakening....

I am going to get my necrons up to speed for 8th edition.  No particular points value in mind, just paint what I feel like at the time and hopefully end up with a playable army down the line.

later,

ogre

ooh. I hope I am not too late :ermm: But I have wanted to take part since like forever. 

I, Flak vow to complete my Salamander army  (just started) since i have probably never finished an army before... This month I will complete a squad of intercessors and 2 lieutenants. 

Evening,  I ogres_lair commit to participate in the 2017 Tale of Hobbyists.   Long have my necrons lain dormant as the countless years  pass.  The time has come for the awakening....

Welcome to the Tale! 

I, Dosjetka, vow to complete my Zone Mortalis Imperial Fists force by the end of this Tale of Hobbyists.

Failure is not an option.

Welcome to the Tale! 

I, Replica, commit my participation in the Bolter & Chaninsword Tale of Hobbyists 2017. My pledge is Lord Ortan Cassius, Master of Sanctity - and no fewer than 9 of his Tyrannic War Veterans!

Replica, what is your project or the next few months? That looks just like a single vow? 

ooh. I hope I am not too late :ermm: But I have wanted to take part since like forever. 

I, Flak vow to complete my Salamander army  (just started) since i have probably never finished an army before... This month I will complete a squad of intercessors and 2 lieutenants. 

Welcome to the Tale! 

Archived