=][= The IRON GAUNTLET - Challenge the Second =][=

Olis

gallery_60566_6038_113548.jpg

Brothers! Sisters! Members of B&C! I present to you the second challenge of the Iron Gauntlet! With the first challenge complete, we move onto the upcoming trial, the next hurdle for our budding Gauntleteers. As is custom with any event I host, I welcome all who wish to try their hand at beating the Iron Gauntlet - feel free to sign up even if you have not taken part in the first challenge. Just be aware that this is primarily a DIY focused event - if you are interested but you want to paint a canon entry, then please PM me.

The second challenge is as follows:

Challenge the Second
* Bronze: Fully assemble, paint and base a Kill Team (200 pts) representing your organisation;

* Silver: Fully assemble, paint, and base a Combat Patrol (500-750 pts) representing your organisation;

* Gold: Fully assemble, paint, and base a Strike Force (1000+ pts) representing your organisation.

-> Duration: Wednesday 17th May 2017 - Monday 17th July 2017 (2 months)

To register for this Challenge or any following challenge (details found in the original thread) make the following statement:

I, <your name>, of the <Chapter/Warband/Regiment name> take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge <challenge number> and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail. [updates are welcome to be posted in this topic but, if you prefer, leave a link to your thread so I can update the first post.]

Good luck and have fun!

I, Ferrus Manus, of the Lions Eternal take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 2 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

I have compiled my Chapter's history, and now it is time for the Marshalling. I, Brother-Captain Lenoch of the Dawn Blades,before my brothers and sisters of the Liber, swear on the honor of my chapter to call together the High Command and Honor Guard of the Dawn Blades before 50017M3, and should time and resources permit, members of my own company as well. May the Emperor, the fires of time, and Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

​Attached are the beginnings of what I am going to use. Small model, big hopes, the Shogun comes to do battle!

(I am aware the vow isn't precisely the wording above, if it needs to be changed I will do so.)

Iron Gauntlet Vow #1kamakura base

Iron Gauntlet Vow #1kamakura

AnvilBlacksmith

Edited by Captain Lenoch

I won't participate as I'm not collecting or playing this game. ^^

But I'm really eager to see your minis, guys! :tu:

We of the November IX have taken up your Challenges. It is time now for challenge the second. Therefore I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete the second and rest of the many challenges and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor, the Fires of Time, and Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail. Tempus Bellum per Novem!

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/Mobile%20Uploads/BABE4F5E-DC34-46E7-B974-53C2EE050757_zpsnyes9vo0.jpg

This is gonna be awesome to see peoples models in their DiY colors! 

I, Lephisto Zi-Xu, Chapter Master, of the Elysian Phoenixes  successor of the Raven Guard take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the second and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Primarch Corvus Corax perform the Emperor's grace on me shall I fail.

IA Link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332388-iron-gauntlet-2017-index-astartes-elysian-phoenixes/

Preview - Assault squads still need highlighting

http://i.imgur.com/g6Ea1MGl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6mwdgMel.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XI33dJvl.jpg

Edited by Lephisto

I, Reyner, of the Blades of the Lion take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge 2 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor and Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

(Also guys what constitutes a Kill Team? Would a Tactical Squad and Bikers be sufficient? I don't have the KT rules)

Edited by Reyner

I, Legionare, of the Viper Legion take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the second and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

Brother SP stood looking out the small window of his new office slightly higher then the Deepest Darkest Depths of Liber.  A view was what he had wanted and a view he had.  Admittedly it was a view of a grey permacrete wall, but what could you expect when you lived in the basement.  Behind him the cogitators of his new office whirred frantically, tended by two serfs he had... requisitioned.

" Lord Chaplain?" Vilux, one of the serfs, piped up, "The cogitators are struggling, Lord Chaplain.  I don't think they can handle the strain." he said plaintively, motioning towards one of the cogitator banks that was making a noise similar to what Brother SP assumed the whine of a small child would sound like.  He had also noticed the faint small of smoke in the last few hours.

" Have the Indexs been prepared?" Brother SP replied in his terse voice.  Vilux ran a hand through his short cropped grey hair.

"Uh, no Lord Chaplain.  Not all of them.  There was a error in the..." he began to stutter.

"Not good enough!" the Chaplain snapped before glancing towards the empty sealed cabinet that sat on the far side of his office, its velvet cushion lying painfully empty, "We must get it back before it dooms us all. Work harder, Vilux!" he turned from the now frantically working Vilux back towards the window.

"Maya," he said, as if to no one,

"Yes, Lord Chaplain?" the other serf asked, pushing her hood back and bowing behind him.

"Ignite the forges.  Its time to truly push this." he said steely.

"Of course, Lord Chaplain." Maya said before scurrying from the room.  Vilux was abut to question the black armoured astartes but thought better of it when he saw the man's grim set look.  Brother SP had already seemingly forgotten the serfs and their toils as he continued looking out the window at the blank wall.  He cast a glance at the empty cabinet before rubbing away the phantom pain in his bionic arm.  Yes, it was definitely time...

I, Brother SP, vow to complete this Challenge the Second of the Iron Gauntlet 2017.  In this herculean effort I vow to complete (at least):

1000pts of the Iron Heralds Loyalist Astartes

1000pts of the White Talons Renegade Astartes

1000pts of the New Eden Rifles Astra Militarum Regiment

200pts of the Order of the Martyr's Shroud Adepta Sororitas Minoris Order.

I vow to do these before the deadline for the Challenge.  I also intend on submitting the articles that I missed for the first Challenge.  This I swear on my mission to re-secure the Iron Gauntlet from those who would go around all willy niily like slapping people with it like its some kind of device for encouraging people to push themselves and develop Chapters...

3200pts in two months when I struggled to complete 1850 in six months... easy... :ermm:

Lephisto: What's you're experince with Sang. Guard models? I am of half a mind to save seven bucks to nab some myself for my Shogun's honor guard. Would you reccommend it? Given I've moved from monthly income to weekly money is no longer such a problem, so feel free to recommend whatever you like. :yes:

BrotherSP: I love your little lore bits at the beginning of each of your vow posts. Really give character to your vows. Additionally, good heavens, you're ambitious. I'm sure you can do it. Good luck!

Lephisto: What's you're experince with Sang. Guard models? I am of half a mind to save seven bucks to nab some myself for my Shogun's honor guard. Would you reccommend it? Given I've moved from monthly income to weekly money is no longer such a problem, so feel free to recommend whatever you like. :yes:

Thanks for the comments guys! i would recommend the Sang. Guard if the parts fit the theme of the army, I chose blood Angel parts cause it fits the theme very well, the name Elysian is derived from Celestial or heavenly - when I think of those words i think Angels, hence the wings. Shogun? Sounds more Japanese or Samurai-like. 

Hail once again brother Olis.

As I've already made the second vow in the original thread and then subsequently completed the challenge early, do I need to repeat the vow here with a link to my chapters thread?

Thanks in advance

Hail once again brother Olis.

As I've already made the second vow in the original thread and then subsequently completed the challenge early, do I need to repeat the vow here with a link to my chapters thread?

Thanks in advance

You don't strictly need to repeat the vow here, but for the sake of easy reference I'd like it if you copy/pasted the vow into this thread. It'll save me having to check more than one thread to see who has vowed what.

No problem here we go :)

I, LancsHotpot90, of the Knights Obstinate, take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete the First, second, third, penultimate and final challenges (allll the challenges XD) and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

Here's the link:

http://www.bolterand...ghts-obstinate/

Managed to get the silver in the first challenge (I think) and I've got plenty of bits lying around to put together 1000 pts, so this shouldn't be a problem!

I, TheBlindPrimarch, of the Specters of the End Times take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete all Challenges and submit them to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

Once I get started I'm going to post a thread in the WIP section, until then, here's a link to the fluffy bits.

Link: Specters of the End Times

Managed to get the silver in the first challenge (I think) and I've got plenty of bits lying around to put together 1000 pts, so this shouldn't be a problem!

I, TheBlindPrimarch, of the Specters of the End Times take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete all Challenges and submit them to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

Once I get started I'm going to post a thread in the WIP section, until then, here's a link to the fluffy bits.

Link: Specters of the End Times

I am very looking forward to seeing your models BlindPrimarch. Sweet color scheme with awesome backstory.

C'mon peeps, you know you want to make a vow to paint your DiY models.

Edited by Lephisto

I am very looking forward to seeing your models BlindPrimarch. Sweet color scheme with awesome backstory.

C'mon peeps, you know you want to make a vow to paint your DiY models.

Thank you for you kind words Lephisto, hopefully I can live up to your expectations lol.

I, Brink, of the Knights Defiant take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge Challenge the Second and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail. 

Knights Defiant link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332697-iron-gauntlet-2017-ia-knights-defiant/

So, just a quick question here Olis.  Can we include in our points total units from allied factions/forces that work together?  For example in my 1000pts of the New Eden Rifles I have included an Aegis Defence Line as its thematic for them (I don't have the full trench line) and for the Order of the Martyr's Shroud I could probably stretch it out to Silver if I could include an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor and his warband whom frequently works along side them.  If not that's cool too just wanted to ask first.

So, just a quick question here Olis.  Can we include in our points total units from allied factions/forces that work together?  For example in my 1000pts of the New Eden Rifles I have included an Aegis Defence Line as its thematic for them (I don't have the full trench line) and for the Order of the Martyr's Shroud I could probably stretch it out to Silver if I could include an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor and his warband whom frequently works along side them.  If not that's cool too just wanted to ask first.

How you actually fulfil the conditions of the challenge are up to you, within reason. As a Liber event, the overarching emphasis will always be thematic and story-driven, rather than rules-bound. To be clear, I'd would say yes, on both counts. Just be careful not to bite off more than you can chew. :wink: