Black Library Weekender 2017 date and tickets are up

I guess I'll have to move to England.

Long past time - Holy Terra need your wall Imperial brother :yes:

It's getting gooder. :wink:

Quiz hopefully will be a bit trickier than the HH Weekender and intrigued by the live performance of the audio drama.

Hope it would be nice indeed if they did invite Toby for the process. On the other hand - don't think it would be long - 12-20 minutes max, I think

Getting towards a full list and it's one of the best. Hopefully we have a compere who fits the quality level. Not an easy job for most people and I think we were always lucky that Laurie had a natural flair for it.

The battle would commence between Abnett (whose Warmaster should be really good after the long hiatus (but due to the same hiatus it could be really bad - just my humble opinion), A D-B (I think he will come eventually) in one corner - and Wraight and Haley in the other.

Due to the last duo being authors of a more recent releases (especially with the Devastation of Baal incoming) - they have the appear hand. But A D-B could topple everyone if 'Black Legion' would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

As always, the big hitters aren't what you want to chase.

I had a great time (thanks to everyone else being in the queues) getting straight in for effectively a 1:1 with Chris Wraight & Guy Hayley first thing last Live. Well, me and another guy, but Graeme Lyons was there too, so I simplified it to 1:1.

Tremendous and very intimate. Same, before, one of the most ostensibly "boring" (no big reveals likely) seminars was Rob Sanders & Ben Counter in for the Imperial Fists & Iron Warriors seminar. An utter delight, a great big ol' rambling chat about everything and anything and how it feeds into their thoughts and words on 40k.

Those sort of things are the *huge* attraction, in my eyes. Combine that with the great chat with all sorts who're there... it's a grand thing. Scribbles on books and some advertising about forthcoming things I can buy aren't that exciting, I confess!

I've been to two- one in Ireland and one in Nottingham. I really wish they do another in Ireland.

Quick tip for those travelling to Nottingham- its a beautiful city but the people were quite nasty I found. They deliberately gave me wrong directions a few times and a few of them tried to pick fights with me on the street. My advice would be to be careful and mind yourself if you are alone. 

(Also their nickname for Warhammer World is "the Nazi factory").

I've been to two- one in Ireland and one in Nottingham. I really wish they do another in Ireland.

Quick tip for those travelling to Nottingham- its a beautiful city but the people were quite nasty I found. They deliberately gave me wrong directions a few times and a few of them tried to pick fights with me on the street. My advice would be to be careful and mind yourself if you are alone. 

(Also their nickname for Warhammer World is "the Nazi factory").

wh...wha? wow, that's a surprise. sorry to hear that happened to you. I can always fall back on passing as a Canadian if Trumps starts a war or 4 before November. :biggrin.: :wink:

Kenny you can seek asylum...

As for a bad attitude in Nottingham? There are certainly some nefarious people there but every experience I've had had been ok and people spoken positively about GW as it does provide a good income to the area.

Sounds like you got some #lads and every city town or village has some of those.

grailkeeper

(Also their nickname for Warhammer World is "the Nazi factory") - really?

veterannoob

Propose the next schedule - Friday 17th - at the evening occupy the bar, take camera's and mic's and recording stuff and hunt for authors.

First trio is Abnett, Wraight and Swallow - while they are fresh and in attendance :)

Abnett has practically left BL

Kinda sad...

Well if Warmaster is something to go by with the follow up of 'Anarch' being written at the moment - not quite so.

Maybe he will even give us a HH novel for the Siege of Terra.

What is almost definitely dead are Penitent and Interceptor city

• 2 weeks later...

So I asked BL if they could confirm the cost of the books first available at the Weekender.  Their response was at the moment we have not had any confirmation for which books will be first available at the Weekender.  Not sure what to make of that given the website adverts!

*UPDATE* BL's response to when I pointed out the website advert.

please accept our apologies, we had not seen that those books had been confirmed for definite. While we haven't been given any prices for the books that have been advertised they are likely to follow our normal pricing structure so they are all likely to be between £15 and £25 although any limited or special editions of them would be between £40 and £50.

Edited by R_F_D

So I asked BL if they could confirm the cost of the books first available at the Weekender.  Their response was at the moment we have not had any confirmation for which books will be first available at the Weekender.  Not sure what to make of that given the website adverts!

*UPDATE* BL's response to when I pointed out the website advert.

please accept our apologies, we had not seen that those books had been confirmed for definite. While we haven't been given any prices for the books that have been advertised they are likely to follow our normal pricing structure so they are all likely to be between £15 and £25 although any limited or special editions of them would be between £40 and £50.

Expected. At the previous BL Weekenders new books were costly and hardbacks, LE always ranged from £35 to £50

And tis expected - after all they are pre-releases and given for 'event' guests.

• 2 weeks later...

New Anthology was announced for BL Weekender. As we could see - Clint and Joshua will give us AoS - but others seems to provide us with the W40K and HH :wink:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/BL-weekender-2017.html

A Dirge of  Dust  and steel from Joshua Reynolds  for AoS.

Shiprats - duardin story for AoS from Werner.

Sons of Sorrow - hope for IH in HH from John French.

The Battle of Blackthunder Mesa - tau story fro Kelly (damn him again).

Atonement in Fire - by David Ananndale for W40K.

A lesson in Iron by David Guymer (could be W40K or AoS)

Also Andy Clark and David Annandale will attend the event in person - awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

The full schedule has been announced - you can download it here:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/BL-weekender-2017.html

There's some really interesting seminars lined up, including Guy Haley discussing his new Horus Heresy novel!

Now we can start planning and making the difficult decisions of what to see!

Guy just confirmed on twitter that his novel is penned and with the editors,

Excite..

From the response of support:

'With the production of products, especially printed materials, there is usually a 12-18 week turn around to get items back from printers, so we do have to plan quite far a head to get products made.

So sadly it would not be available for pick up at BLW. If we take into account BL printing logistic.

The weekender schedule looks really good. Wish I was going! If you are then have fun.

Why not - that's the best jewel from BL in 2017. Probably the one must come event. Planned it half a year in advance. What stop you brother?

When you've got to be signing books while the Gaunt's Ghosts seminar is going on :confused:

I think you will have the ability to Ask Dan whatever you want directly, without a queues. After all - where should be a benefit of being a BL author - right? :)

So "Wolf against Wolf" by Haley? Sounds pretty much like we can put the Wolf Cull author speculation and format to rest, then.

Indeed we can. Can't say I'm happy with the author decision. Till the last moment I was expecting it to be French or Wraight.

Well - due to French doing Beta- Garmon and Wraight writing more Khan - I should have expected it going to someone else.