++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

Brother Kortmer - I think the problem might be coming from the position of the hammer. Maybe if he was holding the hammer vertically and looking to his left? 

Bring it on Redneck - got to get my bits box out and start working out what i want my bezerker champ to look like, not happy with my old model of urmak

Brother Kortmer - I think the problem might be coming from the position of the hammer. Maybe if he was holding the hammer vertically and looking to his left?

I concur with Sagentus, twisting the hammer so the base of it is on the ground would certainly help the look. Plus the head of the hammer's rather heavy, so he likely wouldn't be able to hold it in that pose for very long. ;)

The conversion work and modelling is downright stunning. Veey unique and well built. Cannot wait to see paint be put on it. :)

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

I, MindOfMetal, challenge Warsmith Uveron to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base an infantry unit (minimum size 5). I shall bring forth a Legio Custodes Hetaeron Guard Squad  before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02

I, Warsmith Uveron, accept the challenge set to me by MindOfMetal, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a  an infantry unit . I will announce my unit as soon as I have had a chance to dig though my 'unpained' storage bin. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

Excellent progress all around, everyone! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT

There are still some unanswered challenges and unchallenged participants. Please PM those who have been unanswered to let them know your challenge!

Non-challenged participants (if you are looking for someone to challenge, please contact one of these frater first. Many have declared which units they wish to create in their declaration, so check those too :thumbsup:)

Andrew Christlieb - Declaration

Dolchiate Remembrancer - Declaration

Trokair - Declaration

ISSUED:

BubblesMcBub VS KrautScientist - Character on Foot

Chaplain Dosjetka VS Brother-Captain Arkhan - Character on Foot

@ Sagentus: Please accept the challenge in the formal manner described in the OP - so that you also show your contribution. This:

Hidden Content

I , the One and Only Rednekkboss, challenge the equally unique Sagentus to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Character model/champion. I shall bring forth a Sorceror of Chaos before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I accept your challenge :wink:

is not enough!! :biggrin.:

@ Brother Kortmer: I agree with the rest. The hammer should be angled to a vertical stance - no-one, not even a space marine with super human strength, could hold a hammer of that size in such a manner for more than a few seconds... :thumbsup:

@ BCK: Duuuude, you're on fire with that Khornate DP. I was happy to see the Nurgle DP back in stock, so it's ordered, along with an 80mm base and an eBay purchase of another set of metal BT wings :thumbsup:

sorry Aug, 

I, Sagentus accept the challenge set to me by Rednekkboss, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a Character model/champion. I shall bring forth a Berzerker champion (Urmak the merciless) before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

Edited by Sagentus

, BubblesMcBub challenge KrautScientist to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Mounted Character. I shall bring forth a Iron Warriors Chaos Lord before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

Very, well. Let's do this! :smile.:

I, KrautScientist, accept the challenge set to me by BubblesMcBub, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a Mounted Character. I shall bring forth a Death Guard Chaos Lord on bike before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

EDIT: Well, would you believe it -- I've already made an early mockup of what I have in mind for my entry. Check this out:

death-guard-biker-lord-early-wip-1.jpg

---

@ BCK: I shall be watching that Bloodthirster conversion with interest! That crocodilian head is such an excellent, Realms of Chaos era-ish touch! Please don't change too much about it!

@ Brother Kortmer: That's a sweet looking Inquisitorial retinue you have there, mate! And it's great to hear from you again! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

Here's my Ordo Malleus Inquisition and GK (actually Red Hunters, count-as GK, but whatever). Inquisitor and two veteran acolytes almost built, two Blu-Tacked GK in the background, the third's still on sprue - in picture.

gallery_80057_10843_978023.jpg

The Inquisitor is magnetized on the base for easier transportation, daemon hammer arm magnetized as well. Backpack and head are still to be glued on, at the moment they're just Blu-Tacked. I'm feeling a bit unsure about his head. I don't seem to find an angle or orientation that 'feels right'? I'm wondering if that's telling me I should use a different head? - Thoughts?

Right now it looks like he's about to break out My Friends from Sweeny Todd and serenade his hammer. The head pose would probably look better if he was in a two handed pose with a big cross body over hand swing. Are both arms magnatized? I'd probably try and pose them about mid swing and make a GS sling for the gun.

I, Troakir, challenge AndrewChristlieb to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a infantry unit in need of refurbishment. I shall bring forth a 2nd edition Necron Warrior squad before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

Picture to come once I finished cleaning the models.

Grotsmasha, that is a large marine, did you build him from scratch or is this an actual model?

Kage, love the crocodile head.

Kortmer, I like the Acolytes. Not sure what to suggest about the head but as others have said the hammer looks a bit awkward.    

Another face slapped with the iron gauntlet of the August Arena!

Updated to this point. 

@ Trokair: Boom! Make sure to PM Andrew Christlieb and notify him of your challenge. :tu: 

@ Tankus Wokus: Welcome to the thunderdome, buddy! Dolchiate Remembrancer wants to participate but hasn't issued or received a challenge yet. Perhaps you can figure something out with him? :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I, MindOfMetal, challenge Warsmith Uveron to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base an infantry unit (minimum size 5). I shall bring forth a Legio Custodes Hetaeron Guard Squad before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02

I, Warsmith Uveron, accept the challenge set to me by MindOfMetal, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a an infantry unit . I will announce my unit as soon as I have had a chance to dig though my 'unpained' storage bin. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I have managed to make it home today and done some digging around in my to paint list and found these 5 guys! So I will be working on this Havoc Squad. Some Repair work is needed as is New bases, but should make for a good challenge

gallery_63905_13412_429935.jpg

@ KrautScientist: Thats an awesome beginning how did you make that engine onthe back of the bike?

Here is my first mockup:
http://i.imgur.com/4gzLetP.jpg?1

Not super happy with the pose. yet his left arm is gonna hold a chain that is gonna go around the lizards neck so he can kinda tell the lizard where to go.

EDIT: Here is some feedback from my gf afther i showed he my and krauts model:

My gf reacting to my mockup model:
Looks cool
I'm impressed
Me:
What part are impressed you?
Gf:
IDK the dude really fits the lizard
and the lizard looks cool
Me sending her the picture of krauts mockup:
This is the model of the guy i challenged.
What do you think of this?
Gf:
It has no cute lizard make it cuter.

Me:
He is not going for a cute look he is building a nurgle guy.
Gf: Well problem is already in the concept then

Hope this feedback help you Kraut :tongue.:

Edited by BubblesMcBub

I, Andrew Christlieb accept the challenge set to me by Trokair, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a [general category unit]. I shall bring forth an Infantry unit in need of refurbishment before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

When I get home from work if it's not too late I'll dig through my pile of eBay rescues and see what I can work up for this, pics in the next update.

@ BubblesMcBub: Mate, you hold on to that girl, no matter what happens! She seems to have her priorities perfectly in order :wink: Tell her cheers from me! :smile.:

I think you're off to a good start with the lizard rider! That's an interesting collection of bitz that makes him look like a character, which is great. The mace seems a little crooked, though -- make sure you straighten it out and make the head sit at the right angle, as it's such a small detail, but everyone is going to notice something like that on a finished model.

I think you may want to try a version of him without the back banner -- maybe that element makes the whole ensemble a tad too vertical. I'd need to see photos taken from straight onwards in order to tell for sure, though. And I think the one main challenge will be to make the lizard look massive enough for the fairly bulky rider without losing its general sleekness -- maybe you could add an armour plate or two, to just bulk out the mount a bit without changing it too much?

Whatever happens, this should be an interesting project to follow!

As for my Nurgle Lord, I've been working on him on and off again for quite a while again today, and I cannot wait to post some new pictures tomorrow, as I am pretty happy with how he's turning out -- I must thank you for bringing up the idea to do a mounted character in the first place! I was so against it, but now it really has my creative juices flowing!

That engine is actually a tank (from those Ork flamer guys -- those are great for Nurgle backpacks and stuff like that), and I like the idea that the Chaos lord has this tank of really vile poison/warp-tainted matter/whatever icky substance you can come up with that is being pumped through his system in order to sustain him. I've managed to create a system of pipes around the tank that looks pretty convincing -- just you wait until I post the new pictures! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

@ krautScientist: can't wait to see more pictures of the tank on the back!

Here are some pics of my lord next to a normal mkIII marine (dont look to close of things being not totally lined up cause i just put it all together with some poster putty)
http://i.imgur.com/jod4Esq.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/HjEwsMp.jpg?1

Gonna look for some armour plates for the lizard next to bulk him out a little bit as kraut sugested.

Bring it on Redneck - got to get my bits box out and start working out what i want my bezerker champ to look like, not happy with my old model of urmak

I'm assuming a jump pack still counts as "on foot". I'll be doing a guy with enough flatulance to send himself airborne. ;)

@ Brother Chaplain Kage: I really like that crocodile head you have given him but i think you might wanna bulk the legs a bit just like August b'Raass did on his latest BT conversion but that will change it away a lot from the classic BT looks...

I, MikhalLeNoir, challenge Brother Vairocanum to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Character on Foot . I shall bring forth a Praetor of the Sons of Russ (or someone else if Vairocanum chose so) before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I CHALLENGE THEE!!!!

Quick pic on where I will be starting on for my small inquisition Kill team. Made sure my inquisitor is outfitted with a custom webber gun so these pesky xenos can be interogated and experiemented on. Trying to draw lose inspiration from Agents of Shield for this one (In fact the rogue trader almost got an eyepatch! )

Compeition Submission

All models are not fully assembled and are instead mostly bluetacked together (Brother Kortmer knows my bluetack obsession quite well >.< ).

Before these guys are ready to paint all the ripped cloth off the neophtye models needs to be filled, as fitting of an agent of the inquisition.

Thinking of doing a cork based base, with a layer of plasticard tiles caping the cork, and pipes sticking out between the layers.

My gun slinger rogue trader also needs another pistol holster like what I have given my would be assassin.

The phase carbines also need gap filling, as I have cut and extended these to suit the neophyte arms.