++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

@GreyRavenC

At last i managed to finish my side of our little challenge!

Here i present You all the captain of Imperial Fists 3rd Co.

http://i.imgur.com/1njPLYM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jrBUsUU.jpg

And here he is alongside his friend

http://i.imgur.com/ajhpXmK.jpg

All in all, a very fun model to paint. As i don't like my marines to shine and glitter, I went for a banged uo Imperial Fists. Dirty and scratched all over the place. Afterall they say a knight without a dent in his armour is no knight at all.

Cheers

Varred

EDIT: Photos are quite bad, but i only have my phone and no lightbox to use so. Sorry for the quality and i hope the model isn't all that horrible looking. IRL it is better as the snow is not shining as bright and all that.

Edited by Varred

By the Emperor's nuts, there are some magnificent projects going on here, I haven't seen anything I didn't like.

@ Varred: I admit defeat, those two are freaking awesome! My attempts with yellow always end in disaster, but you managed to pull it off. The red armourparts mixed with the yellow fits so nicely and the cloak looks suitably battered. And your transfers (at least I think they are) are spot on.

My only remark would that they could benefit from some highlights, but that's personal preference.

Edit: Wait, are we the first duo to complete our challenge?

Edited by GreyRavenC

By the Emperor's nuts, there are some magnificent projects going on here, I haven't seen anything I didn't like.

@ Varred: I admit defeat, those two are freaking awesome! My attempts with yellow always end in disaster, but you managed to pull it off. The red armourparts mixed with the yellow fits so nicely and the cloak looks suitably battered. And your transfers (at least I think they are) are spot on.

My only remark would that they could benefit from some highlights, but that's personal preference.

Edit: Wait, are we the first duo to complete our challenge?

I think indeed we are :D

And i am not so sure I can accept Your defeat. Your model is really good too :D

My camera somewhat flattened the highlights sadly but i didnt do extreme highlights like some do.

Also, there are no decals on the Captain :P And only one on the Intercessor, but it cn't be seen on the photo :D

Cheers

Varred

Absolutely fantastic work everyone!

@Varred: Loving that Imperial Fist Captain, such a nice yellow you have managed there!

So have finally managed to finish my pledge to the arena:

Presenting the Void Revenant Intercessor Squad "Druaga", consisting of four cantakerous old veterans and their put upon trainee sergeant.

http://i.imgur.com/DtwupDZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rkqnpui.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nKgZOKP.jpg

Am really happy how they turned out! Especially the sergeant and the breacher helms, but any comments/criticisms are always appreciated.

I keep being amazed by the work here. Conversions, greenstuffs sculpting and painting. Kudos to you all.

Here is a little update on the Necrons, they still need some details and touchups and then I have to have a go at using one the texture paints (Armageddon Dust) to do the bases. I have never used one of the texture paints before so this might all go very wrong.

gallery_29932_13461_36800.jpg

gallery_29932_13461_92820.jpg

Booom! Great progress all around, people! It's very inspiring to see all these great conversion, in so many different styles. Thanks to everyone for joining up, you guys are great!

The challenge list is UPDATED UP TO THIS POINT!

Looks like we only have a few days remaining fro the first deadline!!

EIGHT DAYS TO GO

@ The Traitor: best chaos warrior repurposing into CSM I've seen. Great job, mate!

@ Brother Argent: That's a good start for the contemptor indeed! Perhaps you can make some press mold spikes or something as fixation points for the chain?

@ MikhalLeNoir: Very scenic!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Booom! Great progress all around, people! It's very inspiring to see all these great conversion, in so many different styles. Thanks to everyone for joining up, you guys are great!

The challenge list is UPDATED UP TO THIS POINT!

Looks like we only have a few days remaining fro the first deadline!!

EIGHT DAYS TO GO

@ The Traitor: best chaos warrior repurposing into CSM I've seen. Great job, mate!

@ Brother Argent: That's a good start for the contemptor indeed! Perhaps you can make some press mold spikes or something as fixation points for the chain?

@ MikhalLeNoir: Very scenic!

Not sure if the list is up to date tho :)

@ Brother Kortmer: Thanks a lot, I like painting with few colours (11 if I'm not missing any :P), it unifies my army.

@ Augustus: thanks brother, high praise indeed, I was very inspired by your blood warriors and needed infantry for my army, so they just happened ;)!

@ Kordhal: the unit turned out great, how do you achieve such clean whites?! Really, they look perfect, the shoulder and backpack freehands look much better than the first one you made.

It depends a lot of the look you're trying to achieve but, have you considered some weathering, at least on the feet? That white armour won't remain as clean for long in that rusty floor. However if you're aiming for a clean and new look, they're perfect as they are!

Not sure if the list is up to date tho :smile.:

I'm guessing you're not trolling and I actually missed something - not surprising since I am a flawed creature. :wink: Please show me what is missing, so I can recognize my failure and be sure to correct it. :biggrin.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

My entry should have a link to final finished photo, and GreyRavenC's photos aren't linked i think.

We are all flawed though so no pressure. Just thought i'd share it with you.

Cheers

Varred

@ Dolchiate Remembrancer: Your photoucket link is flawed...

-snip-

FTFY :wink: Photobucket has changed their policies to the point where it is likely a good idea to switch. I suggest imgur.

Sadly I can only do post numbers, as i don't know how to provide links.

GRC's finished post #141

And mine: #279

Cheers Varred

The little sideways v next to the post number has a link.

Edited by Teetengee

@ Varred: do you have the links to the posts I'm missing? :smile.:

Sadly I can only do post numbers, as i don't know how to provide links.

Allow me to assist:

- Varred completed his Imperial fists, thus closing our competition.

- Kordhal finished his kick-ass squad as well

- For some reason I have a second entry with Varred at the very bottom of the list. 

@Drac0 - great to hear from you. We all know life comes first - will be great to see those pictures when you have them.

As for my chaplain. I went to prime him, and dropped him. Broke the pistol hand and crozius top off (but amazingly not the chain). Have fixed him but the primer showed up awful mold lines - including over the top of his head and horns. Tried to scrape them. I felt like giving up. But that's where the arena made the difference. I made a vow! I made a challenge! I will finish this model even if I hate the sight of it by the end!

And thanks for the advice - he has one lovely book and chain courtesy of the Cassius donor model - will think if I can do more on the backpack or shoulder...

If I'm not mistaken Dark Angels have some books that come with some models, try having a look at those.

Don't get me started on mold lines, my models is one of the last metal miniatures GW sold, metal shaving everywhere.... o.O -.-'

Glad you managed to fix the damage.

Thanks, Varred and GreyRavenC, for the assist. I totally missed all posts on this page for some reason. 

@ Dolchiate Remembrancer: Lovely Blue Horrors tere, buddy! Is that a finished :cuss, or is there a detail missing I cannot see?

@ KBA: Could you post the actual picture ni the thread? I - and all of us - would love to see it! :D