++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

@BCK:

Hidden Content

giphy.gif

This. 

Seriously though: allow yourself a break. You've been constantly working this miniature at a pace far greater than normal. I'm totally fine with you taking an extra month and aiming for the August 31st deadline - I am!

Gonna fudge this a little for protocol. 

I, rednekkboss, challenge BCK to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Champion of the Warp gods (character on foot). I shall summon forth unto this Arena my version of Lucius the Eternal to smite my foe before the deadline of August 31st, 2017.

http://i.imgur.com/xQ5boDH.gif

I, BCK, accept the challenge set to me by rednekkboss, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base Champion of the Warp gods (character on foot). I shall summon forth unto this Arena my custom version of Khârn the Betrayer to smite my foe before the deadline of August 31st, 2017.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

HAH!   I was just checking in to do that! Too funny. I'll just warn everyone, if you are expecting anything from me that looks like the GW artwork, you'll have a long wait. :biggrin.:  The good thing is, now that its officially accepted, I can start tomorrow. :yes:

Ok guys!

I think as I and GreyRaven finished our vows, I am open for another challenge!

He who may be bravo enough to challenge me to another rund of our little competition may do so! Just make sure It is character on foot or a unit of some kind. BRING IT ON BROTHER!!!

Cheers

Varred

I had some unexpected free time last night so finished these. Round one done.

I hope Andrew has also been making progress with his assault marines.

Here are the 5 Warriors I was only going to do originally.

gallery_29932_13461_128870.jpg

All 10 of them:

gallery_29932_13461_38367.jpg

and a bit larger

gallery_29932_13461_67055.jpggallery_29932_13461_57067.jpg

One of each type front and back

gallery_29932_13461_52692.jpggallery_29932_13461_59027.jpg

MindOfMetal, nice Custodes, nice to see a none gold colour scheme for them.

The Traitor, the squad looks great. I don’t know if it is just the pictures but it all feels a bit too dark to the point where the details are hard to make out even with the edge highlights.

Congratulations to everybody who's finished. There's some great stuff coming along in this thread.

I'll finish very, very close to the deadline tomorrow night. School work has (predictably) exploded and I'm struggling to make time to finish off my project to a standard that I can call "to the best of my ability". Not that I consider myself very able, but rushing it felt like cheating. I'll keep you updated.

So i just found out that if you copied the example of August challenge message we have a month left as that message is a challenge that ends on the last day of august nog july so if you think you only have a couple of days left check you challenge message and you might find you have a whole month left! Good luck to everybody! Edited by BubblesMcBub

Last update before the July 31st deadline! 

Updated to this point!

Interestingly, none of the three frater that have chosen to vow that they will finish before the July 31st deadline have completed their vows yet! So Brother Chaplain Kage, Soldier of Dorn, and KBA, you better get a move on or else you'll be wearing the MEA CULPA banner! :cry: You do have the ability to redeem yourself, though - should you fail this deadline but finish before the next (August 31st) you will be awarded a special 'redeemed' emblem on this banner. :yes: Also, as both Brother Cambrius  and Warsmith Uveron have not declared for which deadline they would finish their entry, I have listed them under the July 31st deadline, and they too only have a single day left!!! (but I'll be gentle and allow them to change their acceptance into the August 31st deadline if and only if they do this before the July 31st deadline)

And then, we have a lot of completions coming in!
@ Rednekkboss: you managed to finish a beautiful Nurgle Chaos Lord, buddy!

@ Trokair: those are some fine necrons, mate. You do have plenty of time to get them to an even higher level, though - how about a wash of Nuln Oil over the metal, a Agrax wash over the cables, and a hihlight on both afterwards? It's easy to do, and will give them that extra OOMPH :smile.::thumbsup:

@ MindOfMetal: Great Custodes, buddy! Nice work indeed!

@ The Traitor: Very impressive 40kification of the classic Chaos Warriors, dude!

@ Dolchiate Remembrancer: Ten Blue Horrors done! Do you have twenty Brimstone ready? :wink:

The following challengers have finished, and may, if they so choose, enter into the Arena a second time to challenge yet another (remember that KingKurama is still waiting to be challenged!)

Dolchiate Remembrancer

GreyRavenC

Kordhal

Unfortunately, BCK, although rednekkboss has legally made a second challenge to you (as he finished his first challenge), you cannot accept it until you finish your first challenge. Sorry, but those are the rules - which are there to help you stay focused! I know you're struggling, but helping you stay focussed is what the event is for! :tes: As such, I shall not accept nor record rednekkboss' challenge, not your acceptance of it, into the Arena Annals, and allow rednekkboss to challenge another if he so chooses. 

How many hours are left? *panic*

Plenty! You accepted your challenge with a August 31st deadline. :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I wouldn't mind a second challenge. Only problem I have is unless its infantry or the jetbike category then most of my stuff is made and possible basecoated (which I know is only allowable under agreement with the other person).

I can do: 

• Character on foot - could do made or unmade
  • Unit of Infantry  - do have a mix ofunmade and made with basecoat stuff depending on what people would prefer.
  • Unit of  jetbikes  - have a unit of 3 unmade Custodes jetbikes I would really like to do
  • Walkers (including mechanical constructs that were ruled to be Monstrous Creatures in 7th)
  • Tanks - Got a basecoated and made Triaros
  • Skimmers - have a made and base coated Caladius tank for my custodes, not sure if this fits better here or under the tank category

Last update before the July 31st deadline! 

Updated to this point!

Interestingly, none of the three frater that have chosen to vow that they will finish before the July 31st deadline have completed their vows yet! So Brother Chaplain Kage, Soldier of Dorn, and KBA, you better get a move on or else you'll be wearing the MEA CULPA banner.

Unfortunately, BCK, although rednekkboss has legally made a second challenge to you (as he finished his first challenge), you cannot accept it until you finish your first challenge. Sorry, but those are the rules - which are there to help you stay focused! I know you're struggling, but helping you stay focussed is what the event is for! As such, I shall not accept nor record rednekkboss' challenge, not your acceptance of it, into the Arena Annals, and allow rednekkboss to challenge another if he so chooses. 

http://i.imgur.com/pevSPn4.gif

@ BCK: Aww buddy! I'm absolutely fine with your extending the miniature. It's not about the banner, after all, it's about you completing that incredibly inspired Daemon Crocodile Prince. Just take a breather from it, work on something else, and come back to it when inspiration strikes. Perhaps you can add some horns to his body, potruding from between his muscles etc? Or perhaps bedeck him with some modelling chain? I'm also puzzled at exactly why you have a bit of a burnout - is it the amount of sculpting you've done? (you're nearly there!) Is it the work on the cool axes (they need just a bit more work - but they look fantastic!). Or is it the painting itself that's holding you back? :)

Mark the Date and Time, because I have now completed my vow and Captain Elias Draeg is finished!

Despite a lot of problems down to glue and paint misbehaving, I managed to complete this mini to my acceptable standard and cut my teeth on free-handing on his cloak.

So a little background on this Captain of the Fourth 'Resilient' Company:

"Your presence on this world is an affront to the Emperor and to Rogal Dorn. We will remove your abhorrent taint from its surface, as is our duty as Vanquishers." - Brother Captain Elias Draeg to Lord Eradicator Varek Taros during the Battle for Transcendence

Having served for over two and a half centuries within the ranks of the Vanquishers, Brother Captain Elias Draeg, Master of the Fleet and commander of the Fourth 'Resilient' Company has become a leader renowned for his tactical genius in void warfare and surgical assaults utilising the spacecraft at his disposal. His first mark of honour was earned during his service in the 9th 'Perennial' Company, when his sudden leadership at the death of his commanding Sergeant to a sniper, led to the sustained bombardment of an approaching Aeldari assault, despite their rapid manoeuvres. From that time onwards, Brother Draeg was marked for future leadership as he ascended through the reserve companies and into the Battle Companies. After the loss of Captain Astandor during the breaching of the captured Luna Class Cruiser "Saint Maxis' Blade", during the Brazen Gulf Crusade, the then Veteran Sergeant Draeg was chosen to uptake the mantle of Brother Captain and supervise and command the ships of the line within the Vanquishers' fleet. Since that time, the stubborn and near-maverick commander of the Fourth has earned numerous battle-honours and the slaying of many enemies of the Vanquishers and Imperium at large. Leading his brothers from the front whenever possible, Captain Draeg displays all the tenets of the Vanquishers, enduring beneath the attacks of the enemy and ending their existence when the opportunity presents itself with righteous fury and firepower.

med_gallery_26154_6860_1826853.jpg med_gallery_26154_6860_696108.jpg

And there we have it, I am done for this first vow. I hope Ashenwhyte will have something to present soon, his modelling idea looked very solid. :smile.:

Now I hear there's still a Brother out there in need of an opponent of some description? I might give it another shot with something in my plastic sprue collection for August. :biggrin.:

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

My biggest problem with really involved projects is maintaining interest in it long enough to finish before another idea starts burning up my brain and dragging all of my attention elsewhere. It's something I've struggled with as my conversion and sculpting skills have grown, making for longer project times and more difficulty in completing them.

Already, Khârn ideas are taking over and I'll be working on that anyway, whether it's legal for the challenge or not.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

I just can quote Brother Cambrius: Mark the date, for I am finished.

Vairocanum and I thought we had to finish our models on 31 July so I hastened to end it... So here is Jorrik Snøwolf

For more pics, look here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303402-xith-wardens-of-light-a-wolf-amoung-us-230717/?p=4838201

893757-.jpg

893758-.jpg

893756-.jpg

893759-.jpg

So other then basing I am all but finished my Contemptor. WIP as follows:

gallery_36568_13518_10951.jpg

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control (read as Wife Related Time Restraints) I am unsure I will get it done by the end of today. Not sure how Grot is tracking wither but if he is willing and Augustus approves maybe a day or so grace period for the two of us to get these guys done.

Everyone else, keep going. Nearly done for the first round. Lets get some more completions.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just saw I vowed to complete it by August so YAY! I have time yet.

Edited by Brother Argent

@ BCK: Aww buddy! I'm absolutely fine with your extending the miniature. It's not about the banner, after all, it's about you completing that incredibly inspired Daemon Crocodile Prince. Just take a breather from it, work on something else, and come back to it when inspiration strikes. Perhaps you can add some horns to his body, potruding from between his muscles etc? Or perhaps bedeck him with some modelling chain? I'm also puzzled at exactly why you have a bit of a burnout - is it the amount of sculpting you've done? (you're nearly there!) Is it the work on the cool axes (they need just a bit more work - but they look fantastic!). Or is it the painting itself that's holding you back?

BCK: I'm sure Khârn would be great, but I certainly don't want to stand in the way of the Crocodeamon of Khorne being finished. Its just too Crocin' awesome not to see completed.

Edited by rednekkboss

I didn't say that I wasn't going to finish the Bloodthirster, just that I needed a break for few days and I'll be working towards the Khârn project as well. Right now, I'm gathering reference and inspiration pics while trying to figure out how to pose him and what sort of details I'll go with. 

Most brief proof of completion at this point. I call my squad of 6 finished:

gallery_80057_10843_799122.jpg

Awesome progress, everyone. Will come back to this in more detail timely.

Edit: Bahahahahaha! What an idiot I am. I really did vow to finish this by or before August 31! I can't believe I painted through until 1 am on a school night to make sure I get this out of the way, and now ... this! I guess I can take another 45 minutes or so and finish a couple of most minor touch-ups then.

Edited by Brother Kortmer

Most brief proof of completion at this point. I call my squad of 6 finished:

Hidden Content
gallery_80057_10843_799122.jpg

Awesome progress, everyone. Will come back to this in more detail timely.

Edit: Bahahahahaha! What an idiot I am. I really did vow to finish this by or before August 31! I can't believe I painted through until 1 am on a school night to make sure I get this out of the way, and now ... this! I guess I can take another 45 minutes or so and finish a couple of most minor touch-ups then.

Muahaha, so I was not alone^^