Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A return to the Death Guard and a new start.

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,897 posts
  • Chapter Name: Worldeaters
I didn’t realise how much of a size difference there was between Death Shroud and Blight Lords, your work as always is stunning though mate.
We badge01 80x180 Bio

Worldeaters
Blood Stalker Defiler 'How to'

QUOTE (Sh0sen @ Dec 13 2012, 01:12 AM)
I think you should change the name of this thread to "Khorne Done Right." No matter what you post there is no question of which god they worship!

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 727 posts

Great work on that death shroud. always good to see your work, very inspirational!

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 392 posts
Thanks! Yep, they grow 'em big on Barbarus! ;-)

All my earlier projects (Dark Mechanicus, Death Guard, World Eaters, and much more) can be found HERE

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 392 posts

Sorry, no pics yet, but having just assembled the first unit of plague marines (with a couple of small conversions of course), I can say that they are a dream to work with. Beautiful characterful sculpts, with lots of possibilities and crisp details. I love them. To me, they are on par with the Blight Kings for AoS, which is no small feat. 

Two thumbs up to GW and Mike Fores for this amazing kit. 

All my earlier projects (Dark Mechanicus, Death Guard, World Eaters, and much more) can be found HERE

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 629 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard

Those Blightshrouds look great.

gallery_27755_12410_12671.png

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 727 posts

Great to hear the plague marine kits are so good and have a lot of choice, especially with only 7 figures in the kit. Means that there will be lots of room for variety between squads

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,204 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Guard
Not too keen on the thingies you added to Typhus but the original conversion work is terrific. :tu: The huge Terminators look great, too.

gallery_45765_12908_58195.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif

"There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. He is doubt, and fear, and despair.

Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion he is." - attributed to Rogal Dorn

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Liber Astartes

Dosjetka vs Hobby Butterfly Syndrome - Current project: Crimson Guard (17th October)

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 392 posts

Thanks guys! 

I received my second box of Death Shroud today, and promptly tore into the sprues, snickering manically and swinging my scalpel, saw and cutters...

Well, not exactly, but I was very excited, since I had some cool ideas for them.

This next batch almost put even more of a fight than the first batch - as I told you in the previous post,  they are NOT easy to convert - everything fits together in one way and ONE WAY only; which is great if you're a beginning model builder, and you don't want to make mistakes. Lord knows I've assembled many kits the wrong way, only to find out the plastic glue is dried solid and there's no way to pull it apart without destroying everything.

Anyway, this quality is not so much of a quality, when a madman such a myself wants to do unspeakable things to said kit - so I used a lot of cutting, measuring, cutting again, a bit of greenstuff and some weird parts to make it work - but in the end it is so satisfying to "beat" a conversion - to pull off something that looks almost hopeless.

I'm really satisfied with the unit, and they look and feel soooo much better to me than the regular kits. Granted, it is a really expensive unit to build - but hey, this is the guy that once bought 8 (!) Chaos Lord in terminator armour kits, to build a Berzerker terminator squad with lightning claws. msn-wink.gif
In the end, I'm a one-army-guy. I don't play much, modelling and painting is my main hobby, and I want this to be the best army I've ever done, with all of the models looking awesome - so it was worth it. smile.png

terminators.jpg

Also a shot of the new Plague Marine unit I've assembled - only very small conversions, but I wanted to show off how great a kit it is:

pm1.jpg

Edited by GuitaRasmus, 17 October 2017 - 10:31 PM.

• Biohazard, Reyner, Marius Perdo and 5 others like this

The4thHorseman

The4thHorseman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 646 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Looks Great. On that Plague Marine Unit, does that Icon come in the kit or is it from somewhere else?

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,137 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN

Looks Great. On that Plague Marine Unit, does that Icon come in the kit or is it from somewhere else?

That's the Icon from the standard CSM kit, mate.

Looking good, Rasmus. I'm a particular fan of the Blightshroud with the plague flail -- something about him just sits perfectly with me. Great bits choice for the Plague Marines too, the posing works very well.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,897 posts
  • Chapter Name: Worldeaters
Ah man, I have a box of the Blight Lords and I’ve had the same misgivings about the kit. I’ve put them to one side until I decide what to do with them but you’re making me want to ditch them completely. :D

Those Blight Shrouds look awesome. A much better realisation of a Nurgle Terminator. The Plague Marines look great as well. Can’t wait to see them all painted up. :tu:
We badge01 80x180 Bio

Worldeaters
Blood Stalker Defiler 'How to'

QUOTE (Sh0sen @ Dec 13 2012, 01:12 AM)
I think you should change the name of this thread to "Khorne Done Right." No matter what you post there is no question of which god they worship!

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 629 posts

They look great.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,399 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

You, sir, are an inspiration. I'll admit it's a bummer to hear how difficult they are to convert, I was planning on doing a 40K iteration of my 30K Praetor using a Deathshroud model, but if you struggled I feel it's hopeless for us pleebs. 

• Marius Perdo likes this

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 392 posts

You, sir, are an inspiration. I'll admit it's a bummer to hear how difficult they are to convert, I was planning on doing a 40K iteration of my 30K Praetor using a Deathshroud model, but if you struggled I feel it's hopeless for us pleebs.

Thank you for that wonderful compliment.

Don't get discouraged by my bitching over it; to be completely honest - it's difficult, but nowhere near impossible. It reminds me a little of converting old metal miniatures, I've just gotten used to multipart miniatures being much easier to work with.
These, being monopose, require some more work.

A few tips; do NOT glue on the torsos before deciding and putting in the head you want - they are next to impossible to place in the head socket when the torso is on.

Most of the arms/shoulderpads needs to be removed from the Death Shroud - and you sort of NEED the Blight Lord arms to make this work, since regular Terminator arms are too small, and the shoulders don't fit. Most importantly, let the miniature dictate where the conversion is heading - there are som things that just can't be done with these without intensive sculpting work, and if you follow the flow of the miniature, you'll get there much easier.

While difficult to do, they were very enjoyable, and I love the finished product - I hope you'll give it a go, and post them. :-)
  • Biohazard and Marius Perdo like this

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 629 posts

Now you have settled on a colour scheme a sort of warband background question.

Have you thought about which Plague Company/Sepsis Cohort/Maladictum/Colony/warband name you will be going with?

Just curious to see where all the various DG threads on here will end up coming from in game. Each Plague Company tends to have an operational preference so i was pondering who you'd go with (5th use a lot of daemon engines for example).

Also pondering how cool it would be if all the armies where on the same table. Obviously improbable with real geography but a virtual shot merged by some Photoshop wizard might look cool a few years from now when everyone has built and painted what they have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users