The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

You going to make squig riding goliaths? :tongue.:

Unlikely, but not impossible...

You going to make squig riding goliaths? :tongue.:

DIGGANOBZ!

I have some Gorkamorka boys, mostly unassembled, that would work well as a Goliath or Orlock counts-as gang. :cool.:

So, are you guys (and gals?) up for this years ETL? I want to mve my Death Guard into "playable"-territory, but also keep the Turf War going. Would love to see some cross-inspiration for other folks down here! :thumbsup:

So, are you guys (and gals?) up for this years ETL? I want to mve my Death Guard into "playable"-territory, but also keep the Turf War going. Would love to see some cross-inspiration for other folks down here! :thumbsup:

I'm gonna be working on my Dark Angels, so anything I do for Turf War will be a palette cleanser.

Plus, I won't be painting black-armoured Goliaths :lol:

Could finish converting my Slaaneshii Pleasure Cult and class them as lowly cultists??

Sure, what should stop you? Vow them for both challenges - two (mutated?) birds with one stone!

Could I call my Orlocks IG penal colony conscripts?

Either that, or veterans. In a "Dirty Dozen" sort of way.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Enforcers work; will they have fewer models per box(and if so, how many fewer)? will they have Cyber-Mastiffs(and if so, will they come in the box or be their own kit)? obviously they wouldn't have the same gear progression/upgrade system as the Gangs, so what will they do instead?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Enforcers work; will they have fewer models per box(and if so, how many fewer)? will they have Cyber-Mastiffs(and if so, will they come in the box or be their own kit)? obviously they wouldn't have the same gear progression/upgrade system as the Gangs, so what will they do instead?

If they go with the previous sprue layout - meaning two identical sprues per box - we would get either eight or ten models. Cyber-Mastiffs seem unlikely for the "basic box", unless they can be fielded in numbers of two or more.

I'm practically shaking with excitement for the release of enforcers. I honestly can't wait.

I'm going to make mine corrupt and crooked. Slavers, gun runners, murdered and everything inbetween.

However dig a little deeper into the iron shepherds leader you'll see something far darker at work.

I'm hoping to achieve something creepy with them by giving them storm cast death masks and green stuffing on hoods and tattered cloth. Trying not to think to far a head with the conversion work before I see the models.

I've recently bought some more Van Saar (mainly because they were already built and had some forge world bits on them :D ). I've made a gang list for them and wondered if anyone could take a look? 

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/hauser%27s_half-lifers.10186/

I've given one of the Champions a rad gun because one of the guys I've picked up is modelled with one and it could be a laugh in ZM games! The gang isn't loaded up with as much plasma as physically possible and my Leader isn't an Overseer but I hope they won't get destroyed :D 

• 1 month later...

So I had my first actual game of Necromunda tonight - part of a campaign - and invoked Murphys Law so heavily it will need a few days off. Yeah, what could go wrong did go wrong. Add to that my lacking rules knowledge, and it was quite a slaughter.

'twas fun though, so not all was bad.

So I had my first actual game of Necromunda tonight - part of a campaign - and invoked Murphys Law so heavily it will need a few days off. Yeah, what could go wrong did go wrong. Add to that my lacking rules knowledge, and it was quite a slaughter.

'twas fun though, so not all was bad.

Details man! We need details! :D Got a game next Thursday 500 creds intro game before our campaign starts :D 

Details man! We need details! :biggrin.: Got a game next Thursday 500 creds intro game before our campaign starts :biggrin.:

I wish I had done some sort of intro game as well - would have saved me a lot of pain. :sweat:

There will be a "campaign log" soon. :thumbsup:

Edit: The Campaign Log is up, with the first battle reviewed already.

Edited by Darnok

• 3 weeks later...

I just flicked through "The Book Of Judgement" once so far, but... oh my. :wub:

Really cool stuff in there. Now I hope for something even remotely as awesome for "The Book Of Cults". Come on GW, you can do it!

The new book is ace I picked mine up with the dice, enforcer cards and enforcers last night and the black market has some awesome stuff in it. Kroot Rifles, "Warped" weapons such as a Kai Spear and Warped Bolter and some new Imperial weapons like power fists, lightning claws and AUTOCANNONS!

Well, the whole point of the Underdog cards is that they're not balanced. We are three weeks into a campaign now, and with some players having more time to play than others, we have quite a range of gang ratings by now. I played somebody with 1000 points less today - which would mean TEN additional cards previously. He chose five of the Underdog ones, and while he had some bad luck they still made a big difference and left him with a good result despite a lost game.

In an even match I prefer to just not use any cards at all though.

Balanced was probably a poor choice of words. I meant that I've found tactic cards (especially gang specific ones) detract from the game play rather than enhance it when used by gangs with a similar rating.

My gaming group like the white dwarf rules from a couple of months back that allow a gang to make up the difference in gang ratings with Hangers on and/or a bounty hunter.

The New cards sound like another option that will feel fairer (or more balanced) to all if players know that they could have access to them when the need arises.