+++Call of Chaos X+++

I DreamIsCollapsing, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete a 10 man Noise marine squad with IoE, blastmaster and sonic blaster and Lucius the Eternal to guide them to symphonic perfection. 

If I succeds successed I will receive the Mark of Total Hedonism, if I fail I’ll receive the Mark of the Lost.

I see a lot of progress all around! Great work and amazing models!

@ Atia: Cute and beautifully painted! Love the purple as a spot colour! 

@ StD: Regarding the modelling, how about you omit the outer side doors of the Rhinos and fill the gap with sculpting? Dunno - not good with conversions myself...

@ Lord Gunthar: Daemon Prince looks awesome but more awesome is Typhus! :ohmy.: Great, subtle conversion and gives the model a totally different vibe!

@ Sagentus: Congrats on completing the Berserkers - great red! But that Heldrake sure looks promising! Also your list is updated. Note that if you edit your posts I cannot know about it unless you give me a heads-up. I think now it should be OK.

@ Leonite: Excellent! Keep the conversion work going - this is going to be awesome!

@ DreamsCollapsing: Welcome to the 10th Call and Good luck! Once you get your "before" pics edit them in your original post. 

@ Res Ipsa Loquitur: I really like the Slaanesh range but those chariots are off the chart! Look fwd to them!

@ rednekkboss: Great conversion - subtle yet immensely evocative! Well done sir!

@ Closet Skeleton: Done! :wink:

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: The white is top notch! And I love the bright spot colours! 

@ Jorim: The first completion and a Warmaster no less! Congratulations man - no spawndom for you! :thumbsup:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ DreamsCollapsing: Welcome to the 10th Call and Good luck! Once you get your "before" pics edit them in your original post.

I forgot to take a picture of the very begining of my squad, can i particape tho ? (I can pledge to do only a 6 man squad if not). 

So, time for an update from me... barring some leaves in the pic that have since been trimmed, here's a link to a gallery of pictures for my Chaos Daemon Beetle conversion... I wanted to emphasize as much as possible in the conversion that the beast is as much daemon as metal, like a Soulgrinder more than a defiler, with psuedo organic scars (The remaining mould holes) and scars. I even decided to have some fun by having some parts of the healing manifesting the vehicle spikes.

Also this thing has drawn some blood from me by accident, those spikes are decently sharp, so at the least Khorne or maybe even Slaanesh seem to like it.

I am looking for thoughts and opinions on it before I toss it onto the spraypainting podium with the others though.

EDIT: Damn, pictures are still processing. Link may or may not be replaced later.

EDIT2: Not. It turned out fine

Edited by Leonite

Completions:

Still forced to rely on 'phone camera and today rather than being overcast, it is pointlessly bright.

Unit #11 - Hellflayer

22554971_10208142924205917_7079607646725

22519082_10208142925245943_8958821512168

22552633_10208142926405972_8373856833865

Unit #12 - Hellflayer

22540084_10208142930126065_1571572011462

22519557_10208142928566026_3661448120950

22552633_10208142926405972_8373856833865

I currently only have one 105x70mm oval base, so both will be based when the other one arrives next week.

Progress is slow! I’m working on the steeds at work and need to get started on the herald riders at home.

med_gallery_63428_9407_819242.jpeg

The armour needs a purple glaze then there is just the horns/toes, eyes and tongue. I did the fronds, which are usually painted as hair, as tongues. It doesn’t show so well in this photo but from the front or top they look more like tongues.

Here's my latest conversion, a Malignant Plaguecaster

It's no surprise that like most people with a bit of taste I hate the DI Malignant Plaguecaster model, so I've made my own.....

http://i65.tinypic.com/2rnberm.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/4v6d1t.jpg

I always thought the plague champion looked more sorcerer-y! I really didn't like the excess of tentacles, so this chap had a run in with the dremel.....

Just to say the my Plagueburst Crawler & Exsalted Champion vows finish

gallery_13342_13449_93283.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_66964.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_131626.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_68006.jpg

Then just general post on Call of Chaos from my Iron Warriors army log

Update

I've been a bit busy, with a headache on Monday & then general stuff to try get done. But I mange to get Tuesday off & get some hobby done, mainly getting the predator & Land Raider built.

​++Call of Chaos++

So as said there I spent Tuesday & just spent a little bit of time today getting the predator built. I've still to get the Autocannon finish, I'm just need to look back to my 2007 era Iron Warriors force when I converted up the Autocannon, using part from the Twin lascannon turret.

Also trophy on this Predators will be base upon Rapid Fire, my gaming club tournament that was during the weekend just there. With all five games been really great & the event been among the top once I've attended just because my friends & oppents I was lucky to face.

gallery_13342_13449_42500.jpg

I've also added a extra trophy. A while back I was against Syn & his Emperor Children warband that another local event. I've never gotten around to adding a trophy of them. Well that changing & this Predator has one.

You can find more of Syn really cool Chaos force on his army log by here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/329788-syns-emperors-children/

It also has a Death Guard trophy that will be base upon my nemesis Nurgle Warband by Chris Stone. That the same local event, but before Syn attended. Me & Chris Stone seem to always end up getting a game against each other & it was always for the Chaos race award. He was a really great oppent & the games are among some of the most tactical once I've had. Again, it about time I finial add trophy base on that.

gallery_13342_13449_110810.jpg

On that note - That local tournament is next month & I've grudge match Syn as he a great person to game against & if you check out the army log I link. It a really great converted & painted force.
​This year I'll try not get sick. I was gutted to miss out last year, this was due to a the well know unhygienic wargamer walking into my local store badly ill. They where cough everywhere. With in a hour I end up not feel well after finish a game against my friend. Then from that point on for two weeks it been among the worst I've been ill. I was gutted to miss the event last year & catch up with everyone I know & get on with.

​So not going let that happen. The event Winter War & it for charity, it a great event to also end the year as well.

On that note - So last year I was aim on using a Predator in my list. Because missing out. I'm determined to add this Predator to my list, using the Hellforge rules from Forge World, as my Heavy Support chose are already filled out with Havocs, Siege Dreadnought & Obliterators & I'm going with the Battalion detachment.

​Like the Predator above, I'm going to add a trophy base on Syn warband. Same, I've got another Terminator to quickly convert & add to my main unit who will have a trophy base on Syn & Chris Stone warbands.

gallery_13342_13449_131195.jpg

I've also got a bit of time to get some painting done as well. So it mainly been painting the two new Death Guard character, the Tallymaster & the Apothecary. I also spent time trying to get the mail order only Plague Marines & the other character painted.

​All this lot should be finish tomorrow & complete for Call of Chaos.

gallery_13342_13449_134001.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_116111.jpg

The Plagueburst Cralwer. This has been a really great model to build & paint. This didn't really take much time to paint to be honesty. I think overall it been about 2 & a half hour, highlight the green was maybe the longest part of painting this model. So weather powder just been applied & just some Blood for the Blood god to add. But it complete for Call of Chaos. Again going get those last bit detail finish tomorrow with the above models.

gallery_13342_13449_66964.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_99125.jpg

The new Plague Marines. So since we saw the new models back in March. I've been really looking forward starting the Death Guard. As always, it down to models I think look cool. I've still not read the rule in my codex to be honesty. Just adding & going with parts I think look cool.

To be honesty it was a struggle on what wargear to go with this unit. If I would go Bolter or just combat. But went with Bolter in the end. The box set I'm planning on buying tomorrow will all be aim for combat.

gallery_13342_13449_114889.jpg

Size of the new Plague Marines next to the 2nd ed era plastic Plague Marines. I've got five of the 2nd ed era models & they will get added to this force. Just I've always like the 2nd ed era Plague Marines, they where release just when I started the hobby along side the 2nd ed era Khorne Berserker as well.

gallery_13342_13449_128990.jpg

One out of two Land Raider. So it mainly been about trying to score & damage the Imperial icon. The tank almost there. I just need to add trophy to this, which again something that can get done tomorrow.

gallery_13342_13449_139761.jpg

After take the above photo, mange to get a bit time to convert up one of the two tank crew for the Land Raider.

gallery_13342_13449_153613.jpg

Then the second Land Raider. So when I try working on this I had a bit of a issue. Where one of the spure, the Land Raider side had a lot of holes. But that all got sorted & I ended up getting a brand new Land Raider.

So just trying find time get all the inner detail painted & start building this one. I think this will go toward my Terminator unit with the siege shield I converted up back in March last year for Throne of Skulls when I took my unbound Terminator force.

gallery_13342_13449_112915.jpg

Then for Call of Chaos a Exsalted Champion. A Champion I needed to replace a model for Rapid Fire last weekend. I didn't have the points for the originally Champion with power fist (this is why I prefer power level games!!!). But did have points for the Power Sword & something I've not really use in a while.

med_gallery_13342_13449_68006.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_108620.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_128223.jpg

Then a Terminators that also needed built & painted for Rapid Fire. As he was replace a model that had a Chainfist that I didn't have the points for.

med_gallery_13342_13449_14333.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_87264.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_39656.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_112684.jpg

Then something bit different - The Golg art work return home. I was getting the frame added & that the art work along side Narik (sp) I got last year when I was that Warhammer World.

med_gallery_13342_13449_18857.jpg

So looking that my Call of Chaos vows

1. Iron Warrior Predator
    ​The Autocannon Predator nearly fully built & ready for painting.
  2. Iron Warrior Predator
    I'm going to order the Blood Angels Baal predator. Aim for this to be a Hellforge Predator arm with the Flamer turret & heavy bolter side. Use the Blood Angel crew as trophy
  3. Iron Warrior Land Raider
    Built, just add trophy & few last parts. Once that done I'm aim on painting the Land Raider when time permit. Aim to try spare that least one hour on Monday, Tuesday & Friday.
  4. Iron Warrior Land Raider
    ​Issue with Land Raider spure sorted. It just try get some time to get it built & paint the inside detail

5. Iron Warrior Exalted Champion
    Finish
  6. Plague Terminator
    Add one more Terminator to the unit
  7. Plagueburst Crawler
    Finish
  8. Tallyman
    Fully painted by tomorrow
  9. Plague Surgeon
  10. Drone
    Still to buy
  11. Foul Blightspawn
  12. Unit of Plague Marines
    Built, Mail order Plague Marines will be added to this unit
  13. Unit of Plague Maruies
    Buy tomorrow
  14. Putrifier
    ​But tomorrow

In the past I'd still be buying models about a week or few days before Call of Chaos deadline was due.