+++Call of Chaos X+++

Alright, so my copy of Dark Imperium finally arrived yesterday after weeks of being lost in the bureaucracy of the post (knew ordering from Germany wasn't a good idea even it was only 70 bucks). Sorry for the delay, hope it's not too late. Here's the before picture on the first part of my vow, Snow Blight and the Seven Harbingers of Decay.

http://preview.ibb.co/gj8wcb/20171110_122522.jpg

http://preview.ibb.co/hs203G/20171110_122617.jpg

http://preview.ibb.co/b0Gzxb/20171110_122612.jpg

http://preview.ibb.co/gRt1Aw/20171110_122605.jpg

That my second Plague Marine vow now complete

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336629-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-project-black-crusade/

gallery_13342_13449_126486.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_88039.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_105871.jpg

Then bit of progress on a few other models

Then the Hellforge Predator. That all the armour done. I was hoping to have this model finish by Tuesday there, but as said I ended up with one of my worst headache. But it all there & ready for undercoating tomorrow & get some Leadbelcher spray as well.

​I also ended up going for the trophy from the Renegade set for the front of the hall. The Blood Angel been kept for the fifth Land Raider.

gallery_13342_13449_108560.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_5212.jpg

Then here the fourth Land Raider. It currently getting weather powder applied, so I've got another layer to apply. Then it just get all the finial work finish, like some of the trophy still need to be painted & some Blood for the Blood god.

gallery_13342_13449_25.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_63116.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_18025.jpg

Like the Land Raider show there, the Autocannon Predator the same. It almost there.

gallery_13342_13449_67375.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_54083.jpg

I'm hoping to keep next Sunday aside to get both of these models finish as it going be a pretty busy week. With a local event next week & I'm need to get a Melta arm Iron Warrior & Two Terminators built & painted.

So as it stand

1. Iron Warrior Predator - Almost there, will be finish for next Sunday

2. Iron Warrior Predator - Start painting this week

3. Iron Warrior Land Raider - Almost there, will be finish for next Sunday

4. Iron Warrior Land Raider - Waiting for next Saturday, few people are give me parts to rep trophy base on there armies from games/event fought them that

5. Iron Warrior Exalted Champion COMPLETE

6. Plague Terminator - Just waiting to try get ONE battle brother to get this unit complete

7. Plagueburst Crawler COMPLETE

8. Tallyman COMPLETE

9. Plague Surgeon COMPLETE

10. Drone - Just need to be base

11. Foul Blightspawn COMPLETE

12. Unit of Plague Marines COMPLETE

13. Unit of Plague Maruies - Seen there, now complete

14. Putrifier - Just the base & finial detail to finish. To be honesty it been pretty chaotic with a lot going on that the moment I've forgotten he need finial parts painted.

Siege Dread done for now.

It looks amazing! Great job!

First week progress! 

My 10 man unit of MK3 Iron Warriors is complete!

Any further touches and I fear I will ruin them further. With my newbie naivety, I tried to make them look dirty with some Typhus corrosion but now I think I shouldn't have. They were already standing in mud so it seemed like a good idea at the moment. 

So here is the progress:

Day 1:

HdDooOl.jpg

Day 2:

hbC32Ga.jpg

Day 3:

wKPHxvg.jpg

Day 4 [complete]:

wAQhlMN.jpg

And now I realize that the mud of the bases is barely noticeable in this one.

Meanwhile, this is the current state of the Warpsmith:

zkO7QQP.jpg

Edited by Warpmiss

We finally have a completion!

I'll get around to adding decent individual pics of the squad, but I'm proud to display my complete 7 man squad, all based and ready to roll!

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zdnc48.jpg

The squad Rhino just needs a few more details done and it's ready to roll with these dudes! On to the bloat drone and Deathshroud!!

I had a wicked productive weekend, paint wise. The Bloat Drone is now finished along with the last 3 Plaguebearers (I forgot to post them with the others). I've started the Nurglings and Mortarion should be arriving today, which I will immediately assemble and prime. Check out my Death Guard log for more pictures including all 3 completed Bloat Drones together and the 3 FW Dreadnoughts I also finished this weekend. 

Vmt8gZth.jpg

j6oyMVsh.jpg

mrHKIfih.jpg

yPo4RZWh.jpg

cO5lZpkh.jpg

Weekly update...

I've begun the final piece of my vow: the Death Lord himself, Mortarion. I've put the Nurglings on hold at the moment... I just couldn't help but dive into this fantastic model. His armour, trim, flesh and cloak are done and I've been working on the bone parts which are also almost done. Still much more work to do on this guy, but I figured I'd share the progress thus far.

A7Pknxk.jpg

OjL65CJ.jpg

nVGnOaZ.jpg

Hi everyone,

It's great to see all these superb projects moving along.  You've inspired me to make the following (very small) pledge.

I, Tallarn Commander, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete one Chaos Rhino for my Death Guard army before December 15, 2017.  If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Total Hedonism and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I'll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Here's a WIP shot of my rhino next to a predator and rhino. My Death Guard are red because it's themed as a "red hot fever."  It contaminates the Imperium with a deathly fever that burns them to death rather than a plague that rots them to death.

38412045436_32b7d7b451_b.jpg

Alright, I think I got everything right...

@ Scourged: WARMASTER! Congratulations man - well done! Fantastic effect on the armour!

@ Warpmiss: Welcome to the 10th Call! Your progress is great - you seem to be very disciplined! And the quality? Did you really start painting in September? September 2017? Wow...

@ IP: Those look just amazing man... You're really keeping pace here - and with great results to boot! 16 years eh? That's a long time...

@ Biohazard: KYATAN FOR THE WIN Aaaaaaaaargh! :thumbsup:

@ Brother Gorath: Welcome to the 10th Call! Go for it and good luck with your first game!

@ DuskRaider: Congratulations on those fantastic completions! Mortarion looks really impressive... Also corrected your entry in the first page, just make sure everything is OK and let me know if not. Those Nurglings rock!

@ Tallarn Commander: Welcome on board! Good luck with that Rhino. Love the red hot fever theme! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Warpmiss: Welcome to the 10th Call! Your progress is great - you seem to be very disciplined! And the quality? Did you really start painting in September? September 2017? Wow...

Thanks! But while I got those guys done quickly, I have barely done any painting this week! So no discipline, really.

And, yes, I got started on September 2017. However, I am lucky: a friend gave me a class on August. :D

Thanks! But while I got those guys done quickly, I have barely done any painting this week! So no discipline, really.

And, yes, I got started on September 2017. However, I am lucky: a friend gave me a class on August. :biggrin.:

Well looking at the quality of your painting I'd say you put us all to shame considering you have only been painting a month. :tu:

Amazing looking Iron Warriors. 

Here my Call of Chaos progress from my army log

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336629-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-project-black-crusade/page-5?do=findComment&comment=4935050

So the two Predators & Land Raider are not finish. But I should have them finish by next weekend or the weekend after that at least. Just need to get the Nurgle Drone & Character painted. Also still need to get the fifth member for the Nurgle Terminator so that vow can be completed.

++Call of Chaos++

With DWARF - Winter War tournament been & gone. I've now jump back to get my Call of Chaos vows complete, with just under a month.

I'm almost there. With the Predator & Land Raider shown past while, I've just got to finish painting the trophy. While I've spent a bit of time today painting the Hellforge Predator & it went a lot faster than I though, again it just trophy to paint & add transfer. But I'm going to wait until next week to varnish the model as Games Workshop release a new spray varnish that meant to not frost**

https://www.warhamme...ed-new-varnish/

**It only seem to be this year I've have problem with varnish, with it frosting over models. Where before, it was only really 2015 but that was due to bad weather that led to varnish been effected.

Then the second Land Raider vow getting there. I was just waiting on part to arrive as a few friends & oppents where bring parts so there armies could be rep as trophy. So possible aim to get this undercoated, leadbelcher spray & start apply shade some point tomorrow.

Then it also get the Nurgle Drone undercoated & started.

gallery_13342_13449_130358.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_148898.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_98796.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_126263.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_101284.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_12643.jpg

So trophy wise

• Nids base on the manger from my local store
  • MkIII base on my friend Space Wolves
  • Space Wolf, base on a friend/Space Wolf force I fought during Eternial Warrior event. Game up there as one of the best.
  • Word Bearer, base on Matt a oppent from Throne of Skulls April & October 2012
  • Nurgle, base on Chris Stone force I use to game against in 2013 in pretty much ever single local tournament.
  • Bloodletter skull base on a friend Khorne force.
  • Dark Eldar base on a friend/oppent from DWARF Fire Storm event this year.
  • Imperial Fist Primaris base on friend/oppent from Rapid Fire this year. They couldn't find the Imperial Fist model they'd kept aside for me.
  • Ork skull base on friend after game I had on my birthday last year.
  • Unknow Primaris Marine helmet. I'm still trying to think who to base this upon. I've not added a Iron Hand trophy for a while......

gallery_13342_13449_31335.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_121289.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_19499.jpg

I also need to try get a fifth Nurgle Terminator so that vow complete as well. This should all be complete by the 15th December.

A bit of a late start due to some shipping problems but now I can finally show some picturs. First the befor picturs(I almost forgot to make some of the zombies, some got a little paint on them. I hope that is not a problem)

20171118 153832

The first 15 zombies 

20171105 170345

Thyphus and two other models I will maybe add later

WIN 20171119 21 37 02 Pro

A WiP off my Deathshroud. The idea is to make them look like something that could have been a marine at some point but now stalks Nurgels garden

WIN 20171119 21 36 10 Pro

WIN 20171119 21 35 16 Pro

WIN 20171119 21 34 57 Pro

And some WiP of my blight hauler. The servitor will get a rocketlauncher and a multimelta and the tube front right will get the nozzel of a heresy flamethrower

WIN 20171110 16 10 42 Pro

WIN 20171110 16 10 56 Pro

I got a lot of hobby time this weekend so Thyphus is already finished

Well looking at the quality of your painting I'd say you put us all to shame considering you have only been painting a month. :tu:

Aww, thanks!! There's many things to improve though!

Speaking of, the Warpsmith is done!! I did so many things wrong with this guy (broke one of the things on his back while trying to straighten them, cut the thing he was stepping in because I thought if was part of the mold, etc) I can't believe I like how he turned out in the end.

eIBXqQv.jpg

ib0KAPq.jpg

tYjjbVY.jpg

JmlaQbE.jpg

Plus, I got started on the Chaos Lord/Hitech's Perturabo. Here are some WIP pics:

yF23qIj.jpg

PXOXu6y.jpg

F4OFO1A.jpg

PBuTIsb.jpg

AitIjhU.jpg

I had no idea what to do with the cape so I went with blue because other colors didn't seem very IW-ish, thoughts?

Well looking at the quality of your painting I'd say you put us all to shame considering you have only been painting a month. :thumbsup:

Aww, thanks!! There's many things to improve though!

Speaking of, the Warpsmith is done!! I did so many things wrong with this guy (broke one of the things on his back while trying to straighten them, cut the thing he was stepping in because I thought if was part of the mold, etc) I can't believe I like how he turned out in the end.

Nothing wrong with a few mistakes, I have been doing this since 1991 and I still balls things up.