+ Tyranid Army Growth Challenge +

Dosjetka

I need to get my hive fleet in a state better than gray plastic, so I'm in.

I, ChromeZephyr, vow to fully assemble and paint a 30-gribble unit of termagants by 30th November 2017.

edit: adding start photos. The first is the 30, the second is my farthest along. I'm not thrilled with the hooves/claws, I think I'm going to do them black. I'm also waffling on lightening the dark brown flesh. We'll see.

gallery_37393_9612_816550.jpg
gallery_37393_9612_446367.jpg

yes I feel the hunger and see myself in the need of a new army. I will probably buy 2 starter sets as I plan on melee centric and want trygons as my centerpiece. I will vow more when I get concrete.........like models..........and a codex............so hopeless.

You and I think alike!

I won't be able to participate this month (it takes about 3 weeks to get mail here), .I decided to go with both the old and new start collecting boxes and a tervigon box. I still don't know what I'll paint first, but I'm going hydra color scheme. Apart from being cool, its also the way i would play them. (Yeah, I'm gonna build a army... the hype got me)

I vow to fully assemble and paint 10 Devourer Gants by 30th November 2017. I'll get a start picture up as soon as I figure out how. I really need to get some colour in my army that isn't grey or whatever colour the eBay seller put on them.

gallery_58996_13906_1307955.jpg

Been dusting off my old Tyranid army to rearm and play with the new book, so I will join in!

I, Zujara, vow to paint 1 Hive Tyrant by November 30. (Although I am headed off on vacation this weekend so really by November 17!)

gallery_47372_13445_135012.jpg

Update: I decided to try the carapace striping, which turns out to be a lot harder than the videos online make it look. Oh well, I'm a "tabletop-quality" level painter anyways so I wasn't expecting perfection. :sweat:

Progress as of last night:

gallery_37393_9612_81138.jpg
Close-up:
gallery_37393_9612_46257.jpg
The right one with only orange is the middle step, the left with yellow is after that. Once I get all of these little buggers striped it'll be time to apply the carapace wash, then the fiddly details and basing. Chances are I'll finish with about 2 minutes to spare.
edit: changing image code.

Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate them. I hope I will improve....

Everybody has to start somewhere, patience and practice go a long way. They look leaps and bounds better than when I first started my nids.

gallery_48561_13265_678662.jpg

I agree, chrome they look great for a first time! after a wash on the carapace they will look awesome 

Need to make your pics bigger so we can see the detail. If you are using the forum gallery find the pic you want, right click on it, then click large. Copy the URL (right click, copy image address) and paste that in between the brackets 

Need to make your pics bigger so we can see the detail. If you are using the forum gallery find the pic you want, right click on it, then click large. Copy the URL (right click, copy image address) and paste that in between the brackets 

Derp, was using the "My Media" in the post helper rather than the "Image".  I've fixed my posts, thanks for the info.

Archived