+ Tyranid Army Growth Challenge +

Dosjetka

gallery_45765_13882_71368.png

Special thanks to @Brother Chaplain Kage for the inspiration needed to launch this event.

+ The Idea +

With the newest edition of Codex:Tyranids just around the corner and this new subforum dedicated solely to the ravenous hordes of the Tyranids (and their Cultist allies/slaves), it's the prime time to launch a painting challenge to get people painting and participating!

Go forth and get unfinished models from out of your boxes or off your shelves and onto the tabletop, fully painted and ready to tear the enemy a new one (quite literally)!

+ The Rules +

Each month, you make one (1) vow to complete a minimum of one (1) Index- or Codex-legal unit from either the Tyranid or Genestealer Cult armies. With each vow, you provide a "start" picture and another picture once your vow is completed. You are encouraged to post WIP pictures to allow fellow Frater to provide feedback and inspiration. The initial state of the models can be anything from brand new in their box to almost finished but still missing final highights.

For the vow itself, you can simply copy/paste the following text...

I, [forum name], vow to fully assemble and paint [unit name and quantity] by 30th November 2017.

...and modify it to suit your needs or craft your own as long as it is clear what you are going to paint for the upcoming month! :thumbsup:

Note: Once you have finished your vow, you must wait until the current month is over until you can make another vow. This is not a race but a "slow grow" challenge that encourages you to get things done slowly but surely. The number of units you paint in a month is largely irrelevant as the Hive Mind will reward those who stick around in the long run, even if they only complete one unit per month!

Note #2: The month finishes at midnight of your local time.

+ The Participants +

January 2018:

Previous months:

Hidden Content

December 2017:

November 2017:

+ The Signature Banners +

300 x 100 px

gallery_45765_13882_50260.png

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13882/gallery_45765_13882_50260.png

33 x 100 px

gallery_45765_13882_2878.png

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13882/gallery_45765_13882_2878.png

Very good question: Genestealer Cult units are welcome. :thumbsup:

Awesome! May do some of these little guys for Necromunda next month :wub: .

Looking forward to seeing them, Atia!

So we could start at any month and go as gradual as we wanted? Also how unfinished does a model need to be to be considered fit to vow?

Yes, you don't need to start in November. This is a recurring monthly event so it will go on and on until there's no interest left. And, as stated in the rules, "the initial state of the models can be anything from brand new in their box to almost finished but still missing final highights".

Very good question: Genestealer Cult units are welcome. :tu:

Awesome! May do some of these little guys for Necromunda next month :wub: .

Looking forward to seeing them, Atia!

So we could start at any month and go as gradual as we wanted? Also how unfinished does a model need to be to be considered fit to vow?

Yes, you don't need to start in November. This is a recurring monthly event so it will go on and on until there's no interest left. And, as stated in the rules, "the initial state of the models can be anything from brand new in their box to almost finished but still missing final highights".

In fairness the rules hadn't been detailed when I asked the question! Either way this is good news I met yet finish my Trygon!

"A skittering in the darkness, a gnawing presence at the edge of your mind.  It was a great hunger coming from beyond the edge of consciousness, a shadow in the Warp.  The Great Devourer is coming and it will be the doom of thousands." 

Inquisitor Jorvun - Ordo Xenos (declared Excommunicatus M41 on grounds of insanity.)

Hive Fleet Titan would arrive in the edges of Imperial Space following the Warp Storms that preceded the Cicatrix Maledictum.  Coming from beyond the limits of the Emperors Light they first struck the Watchworld of Bastien and spread from there.  They were another enemy to face for the already stricken Iron Heralds Astartes but it was a challenge the Chapter was ready to meet.

I, Brother Argent, vow to assemble and fully paint a Hive Tyrant of Hive Fleet Titan before the end of November.  Failure is a distinct possibility but hopefully wont happen.

And so it begins...

This is great, I'm in (although being inept at adding the pic to my signature for some reason?!)

I've been working on my Hive Fleet Leviathan for the last few months as well as a fledgling Genestealer Cult so this would help me with progress and to keep going on this.

However, having issues uploading pics from my ipad so need to fix that first (not the IT guy by any stretch...) and then i’ll contribute

Hey guys, so i dont have a xenos index, and i dont know anything about tyranids. im going more for single model cool factor, something to display. im looking for something like a tyranofex or trygon. is there any other cool single model units?

Loads

There's actually more than that, but the GW page should give you guidance.

Hey guys, so i dont have a xenos index, and i dont know anything about tyranids. im going more for single model cool factor, something to display. im looking for something like a tyranofex or trygon. is there any other cool single model units?

Carnifex is a pretty cool model as well.......or the Hierophant. :D

Mawlocs are one of my favorite Tyranid models too.

Best bet is probably the new start collecting set, from a discount retailer. You get the trygon the essentially get the other stuff for free. More models to practice the scheme on or start an army.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT FOR VOW:

I, Xenith, vow to fully paint one lictor by 30th November 2017.

Here's the pre photo. I put the blue on last night, stupidly before taking the photo.

gallery_58096_13272_192756.jpg

Lictor in progress, nearly done

gallery_58096_13272_452945.jpg

gallery_58096_13272_22430.jpg

Archived