Prot's Death Guard Hobby Thread (Poxwalkers done)

Prot

So I've gone far enough I think it's fair to start an official BnC Hobby Thread!

gallery_2760_14016_63226.jpg

Without Further delay, it's obvious what this is for, so let's get into it:

Links to Pictures:

+ The First 5 Plague Marines with my new scheme: +LINK+

+ The next Batch of WIP's, including Typhus, and a couple of characters, also some vehicles in this picture: +LINK+

+ Blight Haulers finished! +LINK+

+ Poxwalkerd done, and some Blightlord WIP's: +LINK+

Links to Battle Reports in 8th Edition:

+ 2000 points of Death Guard featuring the new Myphitic Blight-Haulers going up against Tyranids in Maelstrom of War: +LINK+

Edited by Prot

These are the first 5 Plague Marines I did since the new releases:

gallery_2760_14016_8246.jpg

gallery_2760_14016_79150.jpg

gallery_2760_14016_40703.jpg

I did go through quite a bit of colour experimentation. I didn't want to replicate my first deathguard so at first I looked at going super bright... which I didn't like too much:

Here's a shot of that test:

gallery_2760_13040_323804.jpg

After some more tests I think I made the right call. :)

Thank you. It's just black, and dry brushed with some blue/green mixes of paints. Adding white, and re doing the drybrush even lighter so it pops a bit more.

I actually really like that shoulder pad and found it kind of fades into the background in an army loaded with detail unless you can put something brighter into it.

Big Update time:

sml_gallery_2760_14016_63226.jpg

So I finally finished the three Myphitic Blight-Haulers. Really fun models to paint. A little bit of work on the seems, but overall very much what you'd expect from an easy fit model.

gallery_2760_14016_314945.jpg

gallery_2760_14016_168710.jpg

I should have a batrep up soon featuring the fart boxes!

The army is extremely time consuming. I find it very fatiging to paint compared to my Ultra's.... but I'm armpit deep in this stuff now!

Finally after weeks of putting him down and restarting him.... I have finished Typhus:

gallery_2760_14016_183546.jpg

The 'destroyer hive' cloud of flies was really... time consuming.

gallery_2760_14016_21134.jpg

The Gribbly patching up (or making holes) in Typhus was fun. :)

gallery_2760_14016_11146.jpg

Manreaper....

gallery_2760_14016_123817.jpg

gallery_2760_14016_53.jpg

gallery_2760_14016_81289.jpg

Thanks for checking him out!

The shading and highlights on his armor, along with all the other details is excellent.

Thanks. Sometimes I worry with these figs in particular that the shading lost in the detail. You stare at these figs for hours and start to wonder if it is just getting lost. :smile.:

Excellent work, Prot! The eyes on those flies really pop, looks awesome.

Thank you... I guess you could say they have buggy eyes? (I know, I know... pretty bad.)

Anyway some WIP's I got to get through...

gallery_2760_14016_258135.jpg

So this is after a few passes with the air brush, a few different ink washes, and some dry brushing.

The way I look at this is as much as I like the Poxwalker figs, I don't have time to pour over these and I have a LOT of other figs to do. So the plan is to use my evenings wisely with these guys: do some metallics, get some details done, clothing, some more inks maybe and put them on bases. Hopefully I can make them look like they fit in without blowing too much time on them!

gallery_2760_14016_222804.jpg

Here's some marine WIP's too. I have to do the bell dude. He's in half my lists, and I love Tallyman for so many reasons. I've also got to flesh out a few more bolter DG just to round out my squads. All the elite characters in my lists is killing my time though. The detail (while appreciated) definitely slows me down a lot.

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys. I appreciate it.

Okay, maybe not the most joyous project, but I did get 20 Poxwalkers done!

(about another 16 assembled and ready to paint next... ugh)

gallery_2760_14016_458918.jpg

Next up... something a little funner.....

I loved the Blightlord models a lot... great sculpts, so I ended up buying a second box and putting 10 together plus some 'spares' from the Felthius box. The press fit stuff is really impressive. Even the combi weapons could be 'press fitted' to swap between options.

I ended up magnetizing the options so I can go between melta/plasma when needed.

gallery_2760_14016_30571.jpg

gallery_2760_14016_261013.jpg