[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Busy day here returning to work. Nice to see you guys keeping the pace. I'll see to catch up on my post tomorrow / by the weekend.

Sabaan gets a hug.

This not going to end well...

Added a little additional post to address this – hope it adds a little levity to the weight of the situation (ho ho).

Thanks for the assist, in every sense of the word. Much appreciated!

Quite enjoy the image of your more expressionist? Linguistics of the Gatekeepers meeting the Iron Hands gruff autism style of dialogue:)

I am also totally rooting for you Noctus!

(If only so it gets you in a position where finally someone beats my count of placeholders on this thread :p )

Busy day here returning to work. Nice to see you guys keeping the pace. I'll see to catch up on my post tomorrow / by the weekend.

Sabaan gets a hug.

This not going to end well...

Added a little additional post to address this – hope it adds a little levity to the weight of the situation (ho ho).

Thanks for the assist, in every sense of the word. Much appreciated!

Quite enjoy the image of your more expressionist? Linguistics of the Gatekeepers meeting the Iron Hands gruff autism style of dialogue:)

I am also totally rooting for you Noctus!

(If only so it gets you in a position where finally someone beats my count of placeholders on this thread :tongue.: )

I think Dos has you beat there Xin... :wink::laugh.:

I think that Yeng serves an important role with his off-kilter, jovial attitude. His lightness, comic relief and levity help to differentiate against the ultra-macho Astartes archetype. I also have no idea how to write as Yeng, so I'm very pleased Apologist is back!

Morovir:

I've been looking at Teralil's character sheet and in the purchase history, we've priced up Mechadendrite Use (Servo-Arm) and Electro-Graft Use at 1100XP collectively, but Page 89 of the Deathwatch Rulebook states that you get those for free. That would mean you have an additional 1100XP available to spend on advancements.

Yeng's a lot of fun to write for. I hope he's not coming across too jovial; but I think some from of humour is a fundamental bonding part of almost any grouping. While many Astartes Chapters are ascetic, it's a fun challenge to try to strike a balance between that and more relatable characteristics (as per Salamanders, Space Wolves and – to a lesser extent – Ultramarines and Sons of Horus). 

One of the things I'm enjoying most is the development of Yeng from complete outsider – because his Chapter is so isolated that he doesn't really understand how the core Imperium works – to opening up to the others and beginning to form bonds.

Yeng is going to have an interesting time with Yarro, I think. :smile.:

Intriguing! Apologies if I'm being dim, but is there somewhere I can read up on Yarro? I couldn't spot him on the character or data slate threads.

Quick update to move you along to your next conundrum. Should one of the Apothecaries wish to heal Vorr, that's easily done, and it can be as simple as priming his armour's pharmacopoeia to release stimms or the like.

As I've said in the email chain, obviously the more you can post and the more interaction we have, the better. There is always the ability for you to ask questions, propose solutions or the like. Don't worry - combat is coming!

You may wish to strategise how to approach this - who to send, what order to do it, etc.

EDIT: Please don't feel that Slips has to be the person to order everything - all of you are highly-trained.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Cool beans. I'll look forward to that then :smile.:

Slips – realised I had slipped into referring to Solastion as a Blood Angel, so I've gone back and edited it to Crimson Knight. Sorry!

I mean, hes close enough so I dont mind hahahah

Cool beans. I'll look forward to that then :smile.:

Slips – realised I had slipped into referring to Solastion as a Blood Angel, so I've gone back and edited it to Crimson Knight. Sorry!

I mean, hes close enough so I dont mind hahahah

I think Tyber has even called him a member of the 9th Legion at one point... though he still thinks Varvost is more of the 12th....

Mazer I think figuring out if something is flammable would be a demolition check or if you use the right kind of scanner in your helmet.

Apologist, check of the Bloodmoon Hunters if you want to get a sense of his chapter. It’s quite a doozy of a read. It’s my homebrew in the Liber Astartes area.

TechCaptain - I'm not asking how Mazer Rackham would know from a rules mechanic point of view; I'm asking how Akkad would go about determining the flammability of the liquid from a narrative point of view. It's a GM trick to stop players acquiring information indiscriminately. Edited by Commissar Molotov

I apologise if my question came across incorrectly, it was not my intention.  I appreciate it has been mostly answered and thank you everyone for your suggestions. :)

As much as I like the idea of giving this monster heartburn, :D I think TechCaptain might be onto something.  If possible, I will try to discern the flammable potential of the liquid with the auspex?

Would that be possible?

MR.