I can't use the super heavy?

Literally the only model I have left to build till more come out then is my gravis captain. A shame!

Jolemai, when can we start working on things? How long will we have?

(P.s. yeah... I built a captain, lieutenant, 15 intercessors and 3 aggressors over the past 3 weeks...)

You'll see why in due course but LoW choices are excluded from the event.

As for the rest, all will be revealed on the 12th so I'd recommend not doing anything until then should you wish to participate.

... I do have a big box of unbuilt marines and a dreadnought.... and I am working on my Lamenters currently...

Be good to see them and yes, Lamenters are in.

Gonna assume that finally clipping out my space hulk terminators won’t count. Literally 2 part press models and don’t even have bases :-)

Priming 18 magnetised DC 2 weeks ago wasn’t that well timed...

It won't be as simple as just clipping some push fits out...

Hello metal scouts, hello glue, hello base.

<wins competition>

Will take a lot more than that to win the competition. Oh, and all the metal Scouts belong to me... Edited by Jolemai

How many Bothans died to bring you this information?

Many.

What I am concerned with though is that is this just a building challenge or a converting challenge? Will building my Terminators from my Archangels Orbital Intervention Force work? The models themselves are already beautiful. Not really sure I want to muck them up. But I don't mind converting some of the Primaris stuff I have sitting on the side for some tasty gubbins.

Any conversions are optional - they are your models after all. Doesn't mean conversions won't be encouraged but some things are best left as they are...

LoW choices and anything else is a no.

Wait, what? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Literally only things I have left to build is a Knight Castigator and a Mastodon. Even if it's illegal I'm still going to do it in all it's Templar glory down the throats of the best the BA can offer (which is quite a statement).

You'll see why on the 12th but LoW choices are out for this event - doesn't mean they are excluded for any other events this year...

What constitutes built? I only feel comfortable painting in sub-assemblies, so held together with blu-tac is kind of the best I could offer...

Well they have to be glued together but you can definitely use a very small amount of glue and pop off the pieces you need to for paint later. I do this all the time

I do that too!  Well, actually I don't break off the pieces I glue on.  I put a lot of work into making sure they fit well and stay proper stuck, actually.  But they're shiny, and they make all the other pieces such good friends that they stick together without any more glue!

Totally unrelated question, how magnet friendly will all this be? :whistling:

What constitutes built? I only feel comfortable painting in sub-assemblies, so held together with blu-tac is kind of the best I could offer...

Well they have to be glued together but you can definitely use a very small amount of glue and pop off the pieces you need to for paint later. I do this all the time

I do that too! Well, actually I don't break off the pieces I glue on. I put a lot of work into making sure they fit well and stay proper stuck, actually. But they're shiny, and they make all the other pieces such good friends that they stick together without any more glue!

Totally unrelated question, how magnet friendly will all this be? :whistling:

Your models, so up to you. If you want to magnetise, magnetise!

Totally unrelated question, how magnet friendly will all this be? :whistling:

Your models, so up to you. If you want to magnetise, magnetise!

Excellent! Really good news – several DC and VV I'm looking to assemble I wanted to magnetize :yes:

Would I be okay to prep parts for build? Is it an all in one day sort of challenge? Making the gravis captain from the codex will take a fair bit of prep and sculpting, so better that I know if it's going to be possible to join in!

Literally only things I have left to build is a Knight Castigator and a Mastodon. Even if it's illegal I'm still going to do it in all it's Templar glory down the throats of the best the BA can offer (which is quite a statement).

You'll see why on the 12th but LoW choices are out for this event - doesn't mean they are excluded for any other events this year...

So, whichever forum can construct a combined army with the greatest power level/points cost, and given how overcosted many of the Forge World LoW choices are, they're excluded for balance reasons, I assume? :whistling:

Angels Excelsis will answer the call.

You've started the Excelsis? Sick. I'm looking forward to some models!

Interesting. They would be all Primaris then as well. Good on you brother! Do you have a paint scheme yet? The wiki says they are red and white with a winged axe for the chapter badge.

Interesting. They would be all Primaris then as well. Good on you brother! Do you have a paint scheme yet? The wiki says they are red and white with a winged axe for the chapter badge.

Sorry Mate pre -DOB . And I will tweak them  .

Just to check - this isn't a crossover with the warlords challenge at the same time is it?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/343935-grotsmashas-conversion-challenge-8-warlords/

I think it's going to be more a volume of construction thing in prep for ETL this year.

I'm game. Gotta finish that company.

Just to check - this isn't a crossover with the warlords challenge at the same time is it?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/343935-grotsmashas-conversion-challenge-8-warlords/

Can we submit a potential warlord unit to both challenges btw?

Can we submit a potential warlord unit to both challenges btw?

That was kind of where I was going :-)

These events are not in any way linked. If you were to build something for this event, you could also submit it for the event in The Forge - assuming it adhered to both sets of rules of course. However, if you have already started working on something for that Warlord event then it would not be applicable for this one seeing how B&Z hasn't started yet.

Would I be okay to prep parts for build? Is it an all in one day sort of challenge? Making the gravis captain from the codex will take a fair bit of prep and sculpting, so better that I know if it's going to be possible to join in!

You'll find out on the 12th, but I'd rather there wasn't any prep work. Out of interest, what did/do you intend on doing?

So, whichever forum can construct a combined army with the greatest power level/points cost, and given how overcosted many of the Forge World LoW choices are, they're excluded for balance reasons, I assume? :whistling:

Something like that, but it's more the time constrains that have eliminated the LoW choices - as you'll see when the rules pack comes out next week!

Sorry Mate pre -DOB . And I will tweak them  .

More the merrier. Will be good to see them painted up at a later date too :)