Xenith

Also, its Lysanders whole stick.

gallery_58096_14830_1879.jpg

Ahh, the insidious first captain of the Imperial fists. One would beg to know how Danarth eliminated an entire fortress of Iron Warriors while unarmed and unarmoured, he may be able to teach some of these whelps a thing or two about smiting. In the meantime, we have our own temporal tribulation, with two contenders for position of first captain: Zealous Raphael, purger of the Sin of Damnation, newly released from the warp and the Honourable Raziel, who has also emerged from a time warp looking at the colour of his base: Those Goblin Green rims are greener than our Primaris Brothers. That Neal Rakton fellow also looks a touch familiar...

------------------------------------------

Can the following please add a photo of their champion to their initial entry post, linked to in the OP of this thread:

SF Panzer

Zebulon

Paladin 777

Captain Helion

Mandoloriano

Can Indefragable add a closer up photo of Zendrenael so I can make a headshot icon?

Cheers,

Xen

Edited by Xenith

Its times like this I wish someone like MidnightRunner would drop a model into RTS! I sure do miss seeing his Flesh Eaters on the reg. Oh well, he's lost to the heretics. "By the blood, he is forgiven" *Swings rosarius three times*

I'm surprised Charlo didn't bring something quite stellar this go round. Awesome seeing the Reclusiarch (Jole) join the fray! I'm really excited to see how the pairings come about. Maybe my model will make it beyond the second round this time!

Its getting closer! 

Alright I'll see whether I can get to it this weekend or maybe after work today. Tho I would've prefered to include a picture after I did some more detail work for the From Rage to Salvation event. :P

Alright I'll see whether I can get to it this weekend or maybe after work today. Tho I would've prefered to include a picture after I did some more detail work for the From Rage to Salvation event. :tongue.:

This is also ok - as long as I can get a good headshot by the end of RTS - I need a photo of similar or better quality than Diabocca's icon:

gallery_58096_14830_1879.jpg

<snip>

Can Indefragable add a closer up photo of Zendrenael so I can make a headshot icon?

Cheers,

Xen

Done. Let me know if the new stuff will suffice:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344581-the-feast-of-blades-2018-last-place-open/?p=5138228

Zad Close Up

The air tasted of metallics and oil. Calen's augmented lungs aveloi filtered the worst of the irradiated atmosphere. He had it soothing in a way, like some familiarity of his blood upon the red world of Baal. His blood lineage had survived, and in some abstract way, saved by the Primarch Guilliman.

There was a foreboading presence. A pressure of hate and rage bottled within the flesh tearers that stood across the sanctum from him. Many of their kindred had fallen to the blood curse, madness lurked with the souls of all of them, yet the Flesh Tearers for all their good intentions seemed even more susceptible to it than his own chapters deathsworn.

He had witnessed first hand those of the winged fathers blood who had succumbed to blood madness, or those things so much worse.

Calen felt his shoulders tense and tighten to the tinge of hot air that spilled through the corridor. He ducked air through his pearled teeth, for the coming storm the brothers of blood would let loose upon one another was near.

Calen's only fear, was that even within the fraternity, the battle lust of some of his brothers might lose themselves to their demons.

They were literal caged beast waiting to break their chains , it was dark thoughts for many of the marines not reborn as primaris.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for never adding my champion. I hate the zoom in headshot of my cat Capt, and I no longer want to enter him. I was thinking of adding my sanguinary priest, but cant think of any fluff.

If no one else steps up to fill the last spot soon, I'll come up with something.

Hey man, don't worry - being unsatisfied with your work means you developed during the painting and are now better.

At any rate, this isn't a fashion show! Get that photo up!

A breeze tickled Calen's cheek. His masseter flexed as he clenched his teeth tight and swallowed. His nostrils flaired as dual lungs detoxified any unclean particles within the air. He was assembling for honored combat upon the hallowed grounds of the winged father. His gauntleted digits flexed to the familiar embrace of his ceramite. Gravus rested in a locked position, the hallowed Thunder Hammer pristinely kept, read for Calen's mighty grip to take it upon his shoulder to sow carnage and violence.

"By the Blood, shall we wake. Winged Father guide our fury, for that we may triumph with honor against our brothers. Not for spite, but for Fraternity do we come together for these trials. Subdue the curse held within each of us, so that we may hold ourselves true..."Queran spoke to his captain, anointing Calen's armor with Haldrothian oils, the rituals of a warrior lord to meet out against his peers like the archaic leaders of aeons past.

The time was nearing ever closer, the curelean eyes of the Carmine Blade's third captain opened as his Sanguinary priest finished the prayer of the Winged Father. He rolled his shoulder, soon he would equip the remainder of his war gear, and the honor of combat would commence.

It was as if he could feel the boiling violence within each of his brothers blood, spilling over like hot water too long kept over a hot eye.

Rafaele sat meditating in his chambers, performing the exercises of mental control required of all librarians. He found it rather difficult today with all the tension bubbling over from the other combatants.

Rafaele knew that he couldn’t possibly hope to match most of the other competitors physically, so it was even more important for him to keep his head and not fall prey to the Thirst and rush into hand to hand combat.

Finding his librarian’s litanies difficult in this environment, Rafaele instead switched over to the mental safeguarding rituals taught to him by Captain Aphael against the Rage and the Thirst and it helped some.

Upon safeguarding his mind, he turned his thoughts to the words that Lord Mephiston gave him prior to his departure for the competition. “These are some of the finest fighters the amongst all Sons of Sanguinius and they will destroy you if you let them get close. Instead, weaken them with the gifts of our Father from afar and only move in when they are no longer capable of mounting a sufficient counter attack. Your time with The Blooded should give you the control to decide when the time is right, and your skill on wings of fire should give you the necessary mobility to fight at a distance of your choosing.”

He was right, he needed to keep his distance. Otherwise, he was liable to get torn apart if his opponents could not control their rage... He grabbed his inferus pistol and holstered it, then took hold of his axe and headed towards the arena...

So I just realized that @Silas7's Radek is apart of the third company to the Carmine Blades.

I dont know how I missed that part. I knew he entered a CB, I just didn't notice which company. Now I feel ashamed I didn't acknowledge the character more straight forwardly.

Xenith, it's getting close!

I shall join! (link to ETL http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/?p=5115987)

term capt

Captain Alistair of the 1st Company of the Seraphim Knights.

Wielder of the Relic Blade, Angel's Judgment.

A veteran of the 1st company, he was promoted to 1st company Captain after the death of his predecessor during the defense of Baal from Hive Fleet Leviathan. After the defeat of Leviathan, Captain Alistair led a strike force to join Roboute Guilliman's Indomitus Crusade and participated in the Plague Wars, defending Ultramar from the Death Guard, just as the Ultramarines had come to the defense of Baal. 

Captain in Terminator Armor, Relic Blade, Stormbolter +2 Rerolls = 158 points.

Edited by BluejayJunior

May I express how pleased I am that not everyone went for the Captain Smash build? I kinda feared it would be a rather boring Feast of Blades this year but it looks like it's going to be very interesting. :)

Smash isnt that good without relics and stratagems luckily!

May I express how pleased I am that not everyone went for the Captain Smash build? I kinda feared it would be a rather boring Feast of Blades this year but it looks like it's going to be very interesting. :smile.:

Smash isnt that good without relics and stratagems luckily!

I'd say a S8 AP-3 D3 weapon and a 3++ is still the most competetive loadout with or without Stratagems. ^^

Final percentage updates (rounding up from .5%):

12/16 are Captains 75%

2/16 are Librarians 13% 

2/16 are Sargents 13%

6/16 have some form of terminator armor. 38%

3/16 are Primaris 19%

3/16 are Captain Smash 19%

6/16 have Jump Packs 38%

For Melee weapons:

4/16 (25%) have Thunder Hammers, Storm Shields, Power swords (normal).

3/16 (19%) have power fists/Boltstorm Gauntlets of some kind

2/16 (13) have Relic Blades

1/16 (6%) have Force Axe, Force Sword, Master Crafted Power Sword, Chainfist, Power Axe

Damage Stats:

1D - 4/16 - 25%

2D - 2/16 - 13%

3D - 4/16 - 25%

1d3D - 7/16 - 44%

For Ranged Weapons:

4/16 are melta based (25%)

1 Plasma Pistol (6%)

1 Grav based (6%)

6/16 have long range bolt weapons (38%)

9/16 have Bolt Pistols (56%) including both all Captain Smashes, which I need to start remembering that during games.

For Re-rolls

X0 - 1/16 - 6%

X1 - 3/16 - 19%

X2 - 5/16 - 31%

X3 - 1/16 - 6%

X4 - 2/16 - 13%

X5 - 2/16 - 13%

X8 - 1/16 - 6%

X10 - 1/16 - 6%

Here's your useless information quota.

EDITED : 7/17 - Added Jolemai's Captain, the Bolt Pistol info.

Eddited again! : 8/7 Added Indefragable's Captain.

Added 8/13: Silas7's Aggressor Sargent.

Final Edit: Added Last Terminator Captain.