Graphic Designer for Chapter Logo?

Mattias

Hi, can anyone recommend a graphic designer at a reasonable cost to design a chapter logo (should be a very simple job as I just want a lion rampant, i.e. space wolves great wolf symbol but a lion)?

I want to get either custom decals or 3D printed shoulder pads but those companies I have contacted have asked for an image first and I have no graphic design skills to put one together.

I can say an online service like fivr (fiver?fivrr?Fiverr?) can give you a quick cheap but low quality jpeg logo. When I'm doing design work, I generally charge 30 an hour, with a 1 hour minimum, but my clients get their logo in a vectorized format and I'm generally making a physical product for them.

This is the part where I teach you "how to fish" more or less. Since you have a basic idea of what you want, and what you want being a fairly well covered theme, go ahead and do a google search for rampant lion (or lion rampant if you're feeling particularly heraldic). Once you find one that you like, let's hope it's fairly large and already of a highish resolution, if not this can still be remedied, but will require a bit of extra labor. 

The next thing you'll want to download is Inkscape. It's a free art program that you can make vectorized art files with. A vectorized image, colloquially known as a vector image, is one that can scale up and down without loss of quality. The shapes you see are the result of a mathematical formula as opposed to the colored pixels of raster images. Inkscape has an awesome feature where you can take a regular raster image file like a jpeg, gif or png and convert it into a vector format. Once in that format you can then turn it into an outline and then change the path manually as you prefer. In the same program you can recolor the logo to how you want it to look.

All this being said, it sounds like a lot of work, but it's all fairly intuitive (especially if you keep the ctrl+Z Undo command in mind for when things go wonky) in the time it took me to type up this post, I coulda probably already found an image, cleaned it up, and cut out a nice size vinyl die-cut sticker. Then again, I type slow.

Archived