ETL Preperation/Hype Up Thread

Danny Cyanide

What I pledge will depend entirely on the confluence of when ETL starts, when the Knights Codex drops, and when I'm making a change of residence. Since Knights don't get their own subforum (despite having their own codex!) I'll be pledging all my stuff here with my 144th.

We'll see how it goes but I need to get some infantry done, at least one ChimeraRuss converted/painted and some commanders to convert/build. The Bullgryns need doing too. 

Doubt I will commit to much, though, as time is short. 

What I pledge will depend entirely on the confluence of when ETL starts, when the Knights Codex drops, and when I'm making a change of residence. Since Knights don't get their own subforum (despite having their own codex!) I'll be pledging all my stuff here with my 144th.

Ok, a few things that might be helpful to you:

- The ETL starts on May 1st and will last until Aug 1st

- Imperial Knights are available to all forums of Imperial persuasion

- The Codex should be coming soon although the exact date is not yet available. That said there are rules and points for Knights in the Index books and as such they are perfectly fine to pledge in the ETL.

Ok, a few things that might be helpful to you:

- The ETL starts on May 1st and will last until Aug 1st

- Imperial Knights are available to all forums of Imperial persuasion

- The Codex should be coming soon although the exact date is not yet available. That said there are rules and points for Knights in the Index books and as such they are perfectly fine to pledge in the ETL.

Apologies if I made it sound as though I wasn't knowledgeable about the things - I've seen the announcement post and have been reading the details, it's that two of these items - the codex drop and the exact timing of my relocation - are currently not set. How these three interact will determine a lot of my activities for the next month or so!

Ahhhh.... the former LT of the Lionofjudah team was summarily executed for having totally failed to complete his mission in the trooping the colors event.

As the new team leader I will be more responsible in my bid and off the painting of 2 griffin mortar carriers, 1 salamander scout car and 1 Trojan as well as the completion of one prestarted (for the TtC) infernus (to be completed even without points as it needs to be done).

I have a ton of other stuff that I hope to get too during the event and am excited to be ETL’ing with the frater here on the guard side once again.

I'm in the same boat as Mordian Glory, I have a huge pile of steel legion to repaint to my scrubland theme for my 13th Arkannian Mechanized, plus tanks for my Arkannian 7th Armoured. I'm excited!

dSqas0H.jpg

WDMHZtn.jpg

Those are some of the tanks, seems I don't have any pics of unpainted steel legion, but we all know what that looks like!

Here's my theme:

YB83CBJ.jpg

n6JiiUB.jpg

I'm in the same boat as Mordian Glory, I have a huge pile of steel legion to repaint to my scrubland theme for my 13th Arkannian Mechanized, plus tanks for my Arkannian 7th Armoured. I'm excited!

dSqas0H.jpg

WDMHZtn.jpg

Those are some of the tanks, seems I don't have any pics of unpainted steel legion, but we all know what that looks like!

Here's my theme:

YB83CBJ.jpg

n6JiiUB.jpg

Is that a converted Leman Russ!?

I really like the look of that can you tell what you did?

I am very excited for this event!

It lines up perfectly with my urges to repaint my Iron Guard :D

Depending on how things go I might end up repainting my entire army to a new colour scheme!

That's awesome! I heard you mention that you were planning on repainting the Mordians in one of your videos, and I was hoping you'd do them as an ETL project!

dSqas0H.jpg

WDMHZtn.jpg

Here's my theme:

YB83CBJ.jpg

n6JiiUB.jpg

It's a resin upgrade kit from Ratgard Design Bureau, the weapon is a Plasmacannon from blood and skulls industries with some coiled wire along one side to expand it.

The custom chimera is also Ratgard upgrade kit.

dSqas0H.jpg

WDMHZtn.jpg

Here's my theme:

YB83CBJ.jpg

n6JiiUB.jpg

It's a resin upgrade kit from Ratgard Design Bureau, the weapon is a Plasmacannon from blood and skulls industries with some coiled wire along one side to expand it.

The custom chimera is also Ratgard upgrade kit.

Very cool, gives me some ideas for my Genestealer cult! Local tank variants and scratch built fighting vehicles  :)

Well, with the start date rapidly approaching it looks like I'm going to have to make a much smaller first view than I had hoped! My tanks and, Vultures and Tauros Venators are all sitting comfortably in customs, which could be anything from a one day delay to a month or more. So it looks like I'm going to start with some more infantry, my Krieg earthshakers batteries and ab Tauros assault vehicle. I'll also have 2 Armigers and the Ad Mech proton off Forgebane as well as some Deathwatch, with my primary forum being Astra Militarum!

Bit of a change of plans for me, I'm going to need to repaint my Arkannian 1st Honor Guard (Mordians, but Cadian bodies) in time for a July 31st Team Tournament! The rules are that we can also pledge stuff from other forums in the Forces of the Imperium sections, right? Which for the event are including Deathwatch? Because I'm also going to be painting up my Corvus Blackstar and my Inquisitorial Stormtroopers.

Fellow Commanders I must confess something.

I will not able to support the Guard during this event. My Mordians are at least table top ready for now. However, I have about 70 Black Templers that need painting following a recent building competition.

Good luck all! See you on the battle field. 

Archived