+++Space Marines Outpost+++

Alright so it is time for Vow #3

I, Dwarfin87, rise to the challenge of E TENBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a 5 Ultramarine scout squad with rocket launcher of the total value of 80 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_107942_14582_298485.jpg

So the Enprimering has begun on the upper parts of the knights.

Torsos (one with stubber, one with melta)

gallery_15184_7227_628224.jpg

Shoulders

gallery_15184_7227_549767.jpg

Bits and bobs

gallery_15184_7227_250218.jpg

And finally, the reds I will be using for my crosses and heraldry.

gallery_15184_7227_429530.jpg

Now, the predominant color for the knight's armor plate will still be white, but I'm going to base coat some reds and blacks, then do some negative masking to get the crosses and whatever I need before spraying over with a soft, off white.

If you are wondering what negative masking is, here's a link that helps explain. You'll have to scroll through a few posts to get to the end results, but it shows how it comes out.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/253019-the-albigensian-crusade-veterans-day-052818/?p=3685126

ONWARDS BROTHERS!

It only took 1 month and 2 days to get half-way done, so I'll at least get my first vow done, but I'm really hoping I can pull this together and vow again. Progress report, excuse the poor photo

BT Terminators Complete

IF Captain Complete

3 each of Van. Vets, Assault Squad, and Reivers complete

Loving the posts so far, nice to see the work and love every one has for their chapters. I wish we could do one huge group shot at the end, that would be a cool capstone for our accomplishments!

Pics

x2pJMsd.jpg

@ Dwarfin87: New vow registered! Good luck! :)

@ Honda: Very promising mate... Predominant colour white? Negative masking? You sir are brave! 

@ CaptnRussia: Looks good man - you keep the pace and no harm will befall you!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

(Semper, my vow 2 is not recorded in the roster on page 1)

Aaaand without further ado, my third vow...

I, Race Bannon, rise to the challenge of E Tenebris Lux on the side of Codex: Space Marines for the honor of the Raven Guard Chapter. My vow is to complete one demi-squad of Tartaros Terminators of total value 223 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory. Failure will doom my soul and force me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

gallery_6494_11942_162383.jpg

5x Lightning Claws + Grenade Harness. I'm sure the math is awesome :thumbsup:

:tongue.:

OK Race, I recorded everything now - sorry for that... Sometimes I update my spreadsheet and forget to update what people actually see... :rolleyes:

Anyways,

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Capt Semper, I started working on my Dreadnought for the event and I only just realised my friend had built him with a Heavy Flamer instead of a Storm Bolter under the CCW, can the point value be changed on my vow or do I need to rip it off and attach one storm bolter from my bitz box? I think the new value would be 177points.

I'll be updating my WIP thread soon too. :)

Cambrius

Capt Semper, I started working on my Dreadnought for the event and I only just realised my friend had built him with a Heavy Flamer instead of a Storm Bolter under the CCW, can the point value be changed on my vow or do I need to rip it off and attach one storm bolter from my bitz box? I think the new value would be 177points.

I'll be updating my WIP thread soon too. :smile.:

Cambrius

Of course you don't need to rip out anything... 177 pts it is.

@Dwarfin87 - yes it is.  Life happens and a promise today might have to be broken tomorrow.  It's just a hobby and this event is just a friendly competition (of sorts) amongst hobbyists.

In my mind, it's really a challenge to the self: "can I increase my army within a certain timeframe?"  If you can, great!  If you can't, that's okay ^_^

Do what you can, if you can :tu:

@Dwarfin87 - yes it is. Life happens and a promise today might have to be broken tomorrow. It's just a hobby and this event is just a friendly competition (of sorts) amongst hobbyists.

In my mind, it's really a challenge to the self: "can I increase my army within a certain timeframe?" If you can, great! If you can't, that's okay ^_^

Do what you can, if you can :tu:

Thanks, that makes complete sense. I went small and little by little adding vows since it is my first ETL. I'll have a better idea next time around and will probably make one big vow instead of bunch of small ones.

Is it normal that people don't complete their vows?

Totally. Although the overall completion rate (i.e. points pledged vs. points completed) last time stood at 75%. Now this is not exactly the same as how many vows were made and how many were completed but it's a good indication. ;)

Apart from the technical stuff, Race summed it up perfectly! :smile.:

A small progress update. Finished the first scout, so I'm over 10% done, just need to get cracking on the other nine. I might paint in batches of three, as I'm a slow painter and that way there'll be less paint wastage.
I wasn't convinced with the camo scheme on the fatigues but after the wash it looked OK and then I just reaffirmed the original colours. It might be because I was using mostly light colours.

scscouttest1

scscouttest3

Archived