+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Have to say, that's a nice sized vow for your first ever ETL pledge. I'm not sure I've seen your painting style yet - do you paint BA Chapter, BA Successor, or BA homebrew?

I have yet to prove my worth with a brush, which I'm eager to do :smile.: Those will be pure Blood Angels, mostly 5th company 'Daemonbanes'.

I Mandaloriano, rise to challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Angels Encarmine and Vow to complete:

One Land Speeder with Multi-Melta x2 (124 Pts)

One Land Speeder with Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon (102 Pts)

One Predator Baal, with Assault Cannons, Hunter Killer Missile and Two Heavy Bolters (170 Pts)

One Vindicator, wirh Hunter Killer Missile (131 Pts)

One Captain with Jump Pack, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer (129 Pts)

of a total value 656 Pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_70994_14469_609076.jpg

gallery_70994_14469_366864.jpg

Anyone would think you've done this before :p

That's a great sized vow, all the best with it :tu:

I BluejayJunior rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete

Captain in Terminator armor with Relic blade and stormbolter

Primaris Lieutenant with power sword

Scout squad (5 man) with CCW

Tactical squad (10 man) with Sgt (power sword, combi-melta), meltagun, and multimelta

Aggressor squad with auto boltstorm gauntlets

Devastator squad with 2 lascannons, 2 missile launchers, and stormbolter

Razorback with twin lascannon, stormbolter, hunter-killer missile

of total value 865 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Just what we need, a pledged vow that's over the (anticipated) ETL average :)

Needs a start image though!

I Lord Ranulf, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete: Chaplain with Jump Pack; Lieutenant with Combi-Melta; 9-Man Death Company with Jump Packs and Power Fist; 10-Man Tactical Squad with Multi-Melta and Meltagun of total value 535 Points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I252GyH.jpgET1MNdX.jpg

-Ran

Not going to lie Ranulf, I'm looking forward to this. Folks, this will be one to watch in the painting stakes imo.

All the best :)

I bushman101,rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

Inceptors (3 with assault bolters)

Chaplain

Primaris Ancient

of a total value of 276 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/233356-20180501-002709/

Excellent little vow to get the ball rolling - it's just a shame that the best Chaplain ever made looks tiny compared to today's range :(

I Ekfud, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Lemartes, Chaplain with Jump pack and 16 Jump pack Death Company of total value 583 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

*To check - one of the DC (top left) has already had power sword airbrushed... if that detail is too far, can remove from the submission.

Points check:

DC w/JPs x16 = 320; wargear = 44 [Total = 364]

Lemartes = 129

Chaplain = 90

Total vow = 583

It might be worth checking with Semper directly to find a solution as he has an awful lot to skim past over the next few months (seriously, he needs some Tech-thralls).

Other than that, DC are a great start point for us as they can be finished quick thus allowing us to apply pressure on the other fora early on.

All the best with it :)

I think it’s Funny that I feel the exact opposite way about painting death company. Those models have so much detail in them that I feel they take much longer than regular Marines despite being black. My last five death company took me probably three weeks to paint in full. (Average of probably 3+ hours per model)

Edit: spellcheck

I think it’s Funny that I feel the exact opposite way about painting death company. Those models have so much detail in them that I feel they take much longer than regular Marines despite being black. My last five death company took me probably three weeks to pay in full. (Average of probably 3+ hours per model)

About to find out - my very first 1994 game included death company in the form of cardboard circles but this will be the first time I get to paint them. :-)

There is definitely some extra bling but then I seem to have a very slow way of painting red so it could even out.

I think it’s Funny that I feel the exact opposite way about painting death company. Those models have so much detail in them that I feel they take much longer than regular Marines despite being black. My last five death company took me probably three weeks to pay in full. (Average of probably 3+ hours per model)

I agree. The amount of extra detail really high, especially when most of it seems to be red that you need to paint over black basecoat. It took me roughly 3weeks to paint 9 of them in January, so I’m not too keen to start another 20 of them. I absolutely love DC marines though, so having a full army of them sounds like a nice idea :)

I Ekfudrise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Lemartes, Chaplain with Jump pack and 16 Jump pack Death Company of total value 583 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

*To check - one of the DC (top left) has already had power sword airbrushed... if that detail is too far, can remove from the submission.

No worries, that's fine! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Kaese rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

Captain: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Chaplain: Bolt pistol

Commander Dante

Librarian in Terminator Armour: Combi-melta, Force axe

Lieutenant: Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Power fist

Sanguinary Priest: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Furioso Dreadnought: Frag cannon, Furioso fist, Meltagun

of total value 902pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I will add the picture when I have the chance. Would have preferred this to start on 14th, as I won’t have any time to work on these next couple of weeks. Work trip to Chicago really messes up the hobby :)

Well, you've got the vow in now and that's the main thing; hopefully you'll be chomping at the bit when you get back!

Also 902 points 0.o that will pull up our average view for sure! All the best!

Have to say, that's a nice sized vow for your first ever ETL pledge. I'm not sure I've seen your painting style yet - do you paint BA Chapter, BA Successor, or BA homebrew?

I have yet to prove my worth with a brush, which I'm eager to do :smile.: Those will be pure Blood Angels, mostly 5th company 'Daemonbanes'.

WIPs in here, or will you also be starting up your own plog?

I think it’s Funny that I feel the exact opposite way about painting death company. Those models have so much detail in them that I feel they take much longer than regular Marines despite being black. My last five death company took me probably three weeks to paint in full. (Average of probably 3+ hours per model)

Edit: spellcheck

About to find out - my very first 1994 game included death company in the form of cardboard circles but this will be the first time I get to paint them. :-)

There is definitely some extra bling but then I seem to have a very slow way of painting red so it could even out.

I agree. The amount of extra detail really high, especially when most of it seems to be red that you need to paint over black basecoat. It took me roughly 3weeks to paint 9 of them in January, so I’m not too keen to start another 20 of them. I absolutely love DC marines though, so having a full army of them sounds like a nice idea :smile.:

Interesting. I have to say, I find it easier to paint black rather than red, but perhaps that's due to my red recipe... To me, black seems easier as it's one less coat of paint to apply, no shading needed, and then that leaves just the highlights and detail - it's certainly the advantage Black Legion and Black Templars have but I guess that's lessened these days with the multitude of undercoat sprays available.

Each to their own though ;)

I BluejayJunior rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete

Captain in Terminator armor with Relic blade and stormbolter

Primaris Lieutenant with power sword

Scout squad (5 man) with CCW

Tactical squad (10 man) with Sgt (power sword, combi-melta), meltagun, and multimelta

Aggressor squad with auto boltstorm gauntlets

Devastator squad with 2 lascannons, 2 missile launchers, and stormbolter

Razorback with twin lascannon, stormbolter, hunter-killer missile

of total value 865 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Just what we need, a pledged vow that's over the (anticipated) ETL average :smile.:

Needs a start image though!

Yeah, I realized I had forgotten to actually add the picture. It's up now.

Hopefully, this is just my first vow. 

I james71989 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the blood angels and vow to complete sokar pattern storm bird and thunderhawk of total value 1535 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Link to start pictures Warhammer super heavy flyers https://imgur.com/gallery/5ch54un

I james71989 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the blood angels and vow to complete sokar pattern storm bird and thunderhawk of total value 1535 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Now that is bonkers :eek:

All the best and don't forget your starting picture!

I Ornithologist rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Captain with Jumpack and Lightning Claws, 4 Scout units and 2 Intercessor Units of total value 595 points/32 PL on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Pictures to be posted tomorrow, before I get started.

gallery_104017_14504_665692.jpg

I will be putting in a 2nd Vow, once these are done. However, some parts are still in the mail and I don't want to vow things I can't touch yet.

I might need a quick tutorial on uploading pics here, or do I just get a photobucket going?

Link to start pictures Warhammer super heavy flyers https://imgur.com/gallery/5ch54un

:eek: :eek: :eek:  Wow! This is a huge commitment if there ever was one! Best of luck mate, I look forward to see this one done! :tu:

I Ornithologist rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Captain with Jumpack and Lightning Claws, 4 Scout units and 2 Intercessor Units of total value 595 points/32 PL on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Pictures to be posted tomorrow, before I get started.

- Picture to be placed here - 

I will be putting in a 2nd Vow, once these are done. However, some parts are still in the mail and I don't want to vow things I can't touch yet.

I might need a quick tutorial on uploading pics here, or do I just get a photobucket going?

Welcome to the ETL Ornithologist and good luck with your vow! Regarding uploading pics, there is a reference in the FAQ of the main rules here

If you still have problems let me know. :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

If I hadn't seen the Manta vow in the T'au Outpost I'd be shocked about the storm bird and thunderhawk vow ... you crazy people. :D

note to self: finally finish moving so I can take pictures and make my vow

Best of luck everyone! If I had any confidence in my painting I'd vow something small but without some guidelines on what could be considered 'finished' it's best I cheer from the stands.

May the angel guide your brushes.

Well Silas, that’s exactly it! You set your own standards!

Do the best you can, this is not a Golden Daemon-style competition. You can use the ETL to seek advice and compare notes and hopefully end up with some painted units that otherwise would have remained plastic grey.

I strongly encourage you to join! :)

Archived