+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Vow 3 Complete:

e3JOvE1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xWvbQPr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/n4deD7l.jpg

I know Tycho’s banner could use some more work but I won’t be painting that. Skull decal for the corner, and print the winged triple blood drop and paste it on. If I need to do that for the completion Semper let me know? Otherwise keen to start work squeezing in a small 4th vow possibly...

Congratulations! Banner looks good, did you paint it freehand?

A vow is complete when you say it is - basically it's down to you and what you're happy with calling complete.

What would you consider for another go? Two and a half weeks left...

A vow is complete when you say it is - basically it's down to you and what you're happy with calling complete.

Thank you Sir Chaplain Sir! It’s the banner from a box of Grey Knight Terminators, so it is moulded- but yes, coloured in with brush and pin by my good self, I am quite happy with how it turned out.

Okay, great. I might just finish Tycho’s back banner properly but as far as the painting competition aspect goes, I’m calling that done. Freehanding the Flesh Tearers symbol on Seth didn’t go perfectly so I lost a little heart.

I don’t think I dare vow my Baal Pred just in case I blow all the completed points. I may however do a pair of non-Primaris Lieutenants using more of my spare bits. Depending on loadout those could offer approximately another 150-200 points without worrying me unduly...

Thank you Sir Chaplain Sir! It’s the banner from a box of Grey Knight Terminators, so it is moulded- but yes, coloured in with brush and pin by my good self, I am quite happy with how it turned out.

Okay, great. I might just finish Tycho’s back banner properly but as far as the painting competition aspect goes, I’m calling that done. Freehanding the Flesh Tearers symbol on Seth didn’t go perfectly so I lost a little heart.

I don’t think I dare vow my Baal Pred just in case I blow all the completed points. I may however do a pair of non-Primaris Lieutenants using more of my spare bits. Depending on loadout those could offer approximately another 150-200 points without worrying me unduly...

Whatever you're comfortable with (and will benefit you, obviously) we're happy with :)

Just Checking, do we have to do Bases or can it be fully Painted excpet the base to count as completed?

gallery_26_6416_686.pngAPPENDIX D: THE SPIRIT OF THE ETL

Paint to the best of your ability

An important thing to remember is that the ETL is an opportunity to develop your skills, asking and giving advice and generally improve your painting regardless of your skill level. What I mean is DO NOT COMPROMISE your skill – it’s better to do a smaller vow painted to the best of your ability than double the points with a sub-par job (according always to your own personal standards of which you are the only judge). A good example of that is basing. The fact that doing bases is not compulsory in the ETL is for the benefit of those who do not yet possess the skill of doing proper basing and I don’t want them to feel excluded – not in the least! If, however you do possess the skill and you will not consider the model complete unless you base it then it is expected that you do base it. I want people to look at their minis and proudly say: “look, I did this during the ETL” instead of “look what that stupid ETL made me do”… We always encourage quality over quantity if it comes down to that choice.

So basically, it comes down to you and what you're happy with.

I can base, however I do mine all in one go rather than piecemeal. So if I have one model, I'll give it a temporary green base and call it done (which is fine as a lot of my army is like that) but if I have a number of models and I've got the basing stuff out prior to undercoating, then I will fully base stuff. This year I've based everything so far but if I have time to squeeze in a character at the end, he'll get a temporary base until my next batch of base painting.

Just Checking, do we have to do Bases or can it be fully Painted excpet the base to count as completed?

I think Jolemai covered it for me. The idea is not to cut corners but to do your best job! Obviously I will not pass judgement on the quality of final job - it's up to you to deliver the best you can! :)

Great progress guys - keep going though, the SMs seem to have woken from their slumber!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Some updates on my second vow. Scouts are now done, and I have started the work on tactical marines and the champion. With this speed I should finish everything in time. Blood angels tacticals seem to have more details than most characters, so I will definitely need to keep up a steady pace.

Here are the scouts.

gallery_104948_14179_140229.jpg

I also took a better group picture of my first vow, and some closeups on the Furioso and lieutenant.

gallery_104948_14179_533269.jpg

gallery_104948_14179_477605.jpg

gallery_104948_14179_12059.jpg

I've managed to finish the 5 Scouts portion of my vow, which is... Something, I suppose. Back to the grind, though! 

Did the same earlier too :happy.: It's a nice feeling getting a portion complete as it helps get the ball rolling elsewhere. Much left to do?

It's good to get it done. But I've got around another squad and then like. 5 heroes. It's a lot, for me. 

Some updates on my second vow. Scouts are now done, and I have started the work on tactical marines and the champion. With this speed I should finish everything in time. Blood angels tacticals seem to have more details than most characters, so I will definitely need to keep up a steady pace.

Here are the scouts.

gallery_104948_14179_140229.jpg

I also took a better group picture of my first vow, and some closeups on the Furioso and lieutenant.

gallery_104948_14179_533269.jpg

gallery_104948_14179_477605.jpg

gallery_104948_14179_12059.jpg

The extra shots look ace, thanks for showing them :tu: You've got such a good style that stretches across all the models; it's wonderful seeing such a cohesive force :happy.:

... you're doing a great job of those awful Scouts models too :teehee:

I've managed to finish the 5 Scouts portion of my vow, which is... Something, I suppose. Back to the grind, though!

Did the same earlier too :happy.: It's a nice feeling getting a portion complete as it helps get the ball rolling elsewhere. Much left to do?

It's good to get it done. But I've got around another squad and then like. 5 heroes. It's a lot, for me.

Still doable in the time remaining - just get them all to the basic Wathammer World model requirements standard and go from there :)

The light vanished before I had time to take pics :dry.:

gallery_85153_13565_507066.png

gallery_85153_13565_463334.png

gallery_85153_13565_186978.png

Light vanishing or not, they look swell. I especially like the Lieutenant's bolt weapon :happy.:

Is this a vow complete, or is there still a bit to go on them?

Okay, vow 2 is complete! Image will be added to post when I'm at a non mobile connection.

Link follows. Have to say, the priest came out best I think.

gallery_104017_14504_718965.jpg

Sadly, real life is getting in the way, so no more vows from me.

An excellent completion, well done and thanks - this will push us along brilliantly :)

You've done what you can and that's all we can ask :) I like that you've added on the vehicles transfers and the smart look to your miniatures. What have you used to highlight your DC - is it the camera giving them a slight chalky look?

Some updates on my second vow. Scouts are now done, and I have started the work on tactical marines and the champion. With this speed I should finish everything in time. Blood angels tacticals seem to have more details than most characters, so I will definitely need to keep up a steady pace. Here are the scouts.gallery_104948_14179_140229.jpg I also took a better group picture of my first vow, and some closeups on the Furioso and lieutenant.gallery_104948_14179_533269.jpg gallery_104948_14179_477605.jpg gallery_104948_14179_12059.jpg
The extra shots look ace, thanks for showing them :tu: You've got such a good style that stretches across all the models; it's wonderful seeing such a cohesive force ^_^ ... you're doing a great job of those awful Scouts models too :teehee:
Thanks! Being active with posting photos of finished models helps to keep up the good momentum on painting. I have never painted this much in a little more than half a year. It looks like I will be able to field fully painted army in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately that hasn’t happened that many times before...

I kind of like the scout models, except for the heads. The problem is that there is so many different areas to paint, compared to full power armour. Points/work ratio is not good on these :)

Very true! 

Congratulations to both of the latest completions - this makes me as a Dark Angel pretty nervous... :laugh.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey, you forget who we are. We are artisans as well as warriors...

Why did you choose your Chapter?

STOP THE CLOCK!

I'm done. Currently sitting in Geneva Airport uploading these as I wont have time before 1st August, most likely!

5 tactical marines: melta, combi melta, power sword
Chaplain with Jump Pack: Inferno pistol
Captain: Thunderhammer combi grav (modelled on bike)
Mephiston, Lord of Death
Tycho the Lost

Primaris Ancient
Land Raider Proteus
Storm Hawk interceptor: 2x assault cannons, Typhoon missile launcher, las talon

4th company 2nd squad:

gallery_58096_14294_95764.jpg

gallery_58096_14294_201179.jpg

gallery_58096_14294_46527.jpg

Shaded and just needing based to finish them for the army.

And the bike captain. Not my best work as I'm pressed for time, but tabletop ready, just lacking washes and highlights.

gallery_58096_11797_737026.jpg

Also some better pics of Tycho: I'vwe gone back and based him, and worked on the ruined face:

gallery_58096_11797_283441.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_691402.jpg

And the banner

gallery_58096_11797_424902.jpg

All vowed models completed. Another thousand points for the Scions of Baal.

There won't be a second vow for me due to vacation, and I won't really be on here, but good luck to all frater, and keep them brushes moving.

Remember, a moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy. You have less time than you think. Git 'er done!

Edit: Let me know if I need to make a formal compilation of all painted models. They have all been posted here and in my plog already.

Congratulations Xenith! :tu: The BAs are doing very well indeed - now you have Chaos Marines in your sights! :D

Very true! 

Congratulations to both of the latest completions - this makes me as a Dark Angel pretty nervous... :laugh.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey, you forget who we are. We are artisans as well as warriors...

Why did you choose your Chapter?

Why? Here's your answer! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived