+++Space Wolves Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Come on brothers and sisters. We need as many recruits as possible this last two weeks of recruitment.

If you know anyone who has a few SW models knocking around then get them to join!!!

Quick question. If I post a friends vow (if they do not have an account or cannot make one in time) will their progress count for and lack of completion against me? Or will they count as their own place for the Space Wolves forum?

It would be an out of competition vow, a bit like SW1's brother MJ.

Unless you are doing the painting then you can vow them as your own (sort of like doing space wolves as a commission for a friend).

I would advise that your friends set up their own account and get vowing :)

*Riku strides into the Great Hall, with the teeth of 3 Carnifexes threaded upon strings of leather as new tokens hanging upon his armor*

Greetings, brothers and sisters! The final tribulations have been overcome.

(Finished my three final state examinations over the last three days!)

While this is a reason to celebrate, it's also a reason to go back into the armoury and finally get some good progress done on my vow! Starting in... 5 minutes after I post this.

Also I rewarded myself with my first ever (direct) Forgeworld Order, using the nice free-shipping and the Dreadnought offer... ...so I will need practical advice for my Leviathan later on, for my Second Vow!

TiguriusX - Good choice of models! ...and a low model count, but high points value to boot!

Graymane - A ETL-Veteran comes in... and wants to make the other Chapters envious of our magnificent looking weapon loadouts for Terminators!

rgr_maddog - Another Veteran returning! Good luck for Murderfang and Bjorn ...and the Headless Wolfman!

Cobb Erikson - You need to up your defenses, Brother. These Feral Felines are among the most vile and dangerous creatures on Fenris... Good progress on the Wulfen's Skin. They take more time than our regular units, but done well, they will look magnificent!

SW1 - Kudos to MJ for joining us once more! I am eager to see his work. Kudos to you for taking him under your wing again. This is an example of what makes the B&C and the Space Wolves really great!

I want to find away to give a tribute to you and your brother, in my second vow. I'll think about something... would you two be fine with naming two of my Primaris Champions as a tribute?
(And trust me, even if I can't compete with your points, I'll be right on your heels! After all we want to win together, right?)

The Saint Ragnar - Praise will be sung of your finished vow! Awesome work, they look so damn crisp and clean. Also like how vibrant the bright red and yellow banner looks!

Good luck with your next vow! Painting Bjorn himself is... quite the experience. Especially if you read up on him during "paint needs to dry"-breaks. Can only recommend doing so.
And make your friend join us. It would be one more to get Semper to do some Space Wolves again (...and we all know he kinda loathes, kinda loves doing so. Even if he's one of the Lion's Sons, he's one of our most longstanding fans and a true brother in arms! ;D ) and it's always nice to have more people join us in the Aett!
But make sure his vow matches his skills and timetable. Points are noble, but Completion is everything!

And to EVERYONE:

I know how stubborn we all probably are and how much we can do in the last few days of the ETL, when the pressure is high and the nights are long, BUT...

This is a long hunt ...and we don't want to see the simple men and women of the Imperium, the disgusting Xenos or the elderly Historians of an Age long gone win! Especially not the damned Traitors and their foul creatures!

So chip away at your vow, if in any way possible!
Any Bolter, Marking or Face painted today, is one you do not need to paint tomorrow!
Look into the Threads of your Brother-Astartes' Chapters for Inspiration and Motivations!
Compliment, Advise and Critique where you can! This is a joined effort.

Most of all: We all are HIS Space Marines... and we shall know no fear!

Quick question. If I post a friends vow (if they do not have an account or cannot make one in time) will their progress count for and lack of completion against me? Or will they count as their own place for the Space Wolves forum?

Well, it will not count against you but it won’t count at all, or rather as an out of competition vow. Why doesn’t your friend join the B&C? Are there any technical difficulties? PM me to discuss in detail.

It would be an out of competition vow, a bit like SW1's brother MJ.

Unless you are doing the painting then you can vow them as your own (sort of like doing space wolves as a commission for a friend).

I would advise that your friends set up their own account and get vowing :)

MJ vow is a normal competitive vow in all respects, same as it was in ETL II. Other than that, you are right. One can only submit his own work and can do so even if he’s painting somebody else’s minis (as part of a commission for example). What you cannot do is pass someone else’s work as your own. And I sure hope his friend sets up an account here. :)

Vow 2 After

The shop hummed with the sound of work, hammers pounding metal and torches joining pieces.

Barely perceivable above the din, heavy footsteps strode towards the workshop. Each accompanied by the hissing of massive pistons.

The Smiths looked up from their work and immediately bowed at what they saw.

"Stand!" Boomed a voice the size of mountains "I have said we only kneel before Russ and no others"

"Forgive us Revered Ancient, we are simply honored by your presence" the Smiths said. "We did not expect you for some time"

"How goes your work? Will it be ready soon?" The voice boomed.

"Yes, we were just finishing up some of the final trimmings. Svellbreaker will ride the battlefield again" the Smith replied "Will you be joining us, Bjorn?"

Bjorn the Fel-Handed pondered this before his response came blaring out of his vox "Yes."

I have added to my gallery the photos of my completed second vow totaling 595 points. Link below!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/14581-etl-vi/

Vow 3 Before

I The Saint Ragnar raise my ale to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space Wolves and vow to strengthen The Rout by adding to our numbers:

1 Metal Terminator Armour Njal Stormcaller
1 Land Speeder with Heavy Bolter

Who are equal to 243 mortal men on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will see my saga sung in the halls of The Fang for an eternity. Failure will doom me to walk the path of the Lone Wolf and wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until next winter.

Edit: I got artsy with this before photo, hopefully that is okay :smile.:

Edit 2: The big one comes next ;) You can see him lurking in the back of some photos

*Enters the Forum and bows*

i am/was a silent reader to this forum for years, the actuel round of ETL made me creating an account and let me make my first Vow. I apologice for any grammar and/or spelling mistakes caused by not beeing a native english speaker ;)

If the brothers of the Space Wolves forum accept me,

I Waldwolf rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space wolves and vow to complete

1 Wolf Lord Terminator Armor Chainfist, Combiplasma 159pt

1 Wolf Lord Servo Armor Powerfist Combiplasma 101 pt

1 Long Fang Squad Missilelauncher  145 pt

1 Wulfen Pack 214 Pt

of total value 619 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Vow 3 After

The wind sighed against the figure as he stood at the top of the mountain.

The frost had not set in yet but would begin to soon, he could feel it.

A whine above the wind woke him from his trance and brought him back to the living, with a tired sigh.

The whine built into a low roar as the Speeder approached. Seeing the driving he knew it was Seaborn back in fighting condition.

The Speeder slowed as it approached the figure, and came to a stop right before him.

The driver leaned out and shouted above the engines "We leave for orbit soon, the Fang of Fenris leaves in a few hours"

The figure grunted "I will be joining you but I will need a ride to get there"

The driver smiles "Hop aboard, Njal"

Links below to the gallery with photos of my completed third vow totaling 243 points. The big one will follow soon :smile.:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/14581-etl-vi/

Vow 4 Before

I The Saint Ragnar raise my ale to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space Wolves and vow to strengthen The Rout by adding to our numbers:

1 Terminator Wolf Lord with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
1 Long Fang Squad with 5 Missile Launchers

3 Wolf Scouts Squads with Sniper Rifles and Camo Cloaks

1 Imperial Knight Crusader with Avenger Gatling Cannon, Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, Stormspear Rocket Pod, and Heavy Stubber

Who are equal to 1,208 mortal men on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will see my saga sung in the halls of The Fang for an eternity. Failure will doom me to walk the path of the Lone Wolf and wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until next winter.

Edit: The big one has arrived! Fenris Hjolda!

Wow ... The Saint Ragnar knocks it out of the park again!!! :lol:

Thank you! I feel like this latest will take me awhile as I have never touched models like this before. I am familiar with the others so they went a little faster than normal.

I hope to be able to put out one last vow before the end of ETL but we will have yo wait and see. Life has begun to tick up again.

You guys are doing Great! Saint ragnar, i am deeply impressed.

I Try to find pur how to Get pictures in here ans Follow you on the path

To glory

Waldwolf, Hail and well met!!

I have put a link in here.

There should be a guide about how to download pictures to your B & C gallery here.

I hope this helps you :)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/345929-etl-hintstips-advice-and-color-schemes/?p=5073201

I TrawlingCleaner rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the space wolves and vow to complete 2 Wolf Lords. One will be Erik Morkai and the other his second in command, Bulgruff the Bear, for the glorious Sons of Morkai, of total value 215 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

27368390227_6dd4aaac66_c.jpg20180520_212057 

Wait, what did just happened here? :o

Well congratulations to all those completions and re-vowing! Amazing stuff - one might think we're in the last week of the ETL! :D

More than 1,100 points completed the week and more than 2,000 additional points pledged!

But don't forget, this is still the recruiting period - can you bring more participants to your cause? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Brothers and sisters lend me your attention!

I Uni hereby vow to the rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX. While I may still be a pup that walks the long halls of the fang may my reinforcements bolster our ranks by 449Pts.

I hereby vow to complete:

1x Wolf Lord with frost axe and storm shield - 99Pts

1x Rune priest with Jump Pack, Runic axe and plasma pistol - 131Pts

1x Rune priest with runic axe and combi-plasma - 115Pts 

1x Wolf Priest with Jump pack, Cronzius Arcanum and plasma pistol - 104Pts 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/user/104771-uniwolf/

p.s. I have exams soon so hoping that I can fit these guys in in-time for me to make another vow so fingers crossed revision goes well ahaha

Archived