+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

Hey comrades,

Great work everyone! The guard is showing up in force!

Vow #2 is finished!

It took a little bit longer than the first one, but I'm super happy with how everyone came out. 

@lionofjudah

I tallied up points for the armoured company, very impressive vow btw, assuming basic armament on everyone except for one russ with bolter sponsons it came out to 2635 points.

I got somewhere near the same with battlescribe!!!

Looking forward to beginning the modulation phase and need to clean my detail airbrush as the larger needle spits paint

All progress is good progress! Speaking of which got round to some of my own finally:

gallery_30308_14554_20774.jpg

The bulk of the metal is done, once I've done the bronze it'll pretty much just be the heraldry colour and details left to worry about :smile.: Hoping to get a fair bit of that completed this weekend with any luck :thumbsup: Onwards and upwards comrades! :biggrin.:

I, coldfyre, pledge to the ASTRA MILITARUM forum:

- 1 Leman Russ Battle Tank, with lascannon and 2x heavy flamers (198 pts and full interior)
- 1 Chimera, with 2x heavy bolters, hunter killer missile, track guards (107 pts and full interior)
- Elysian Veteran Squad, 3x melta guns, heavy flamer (138 pts)
- Elysian Command Squad, 4x Plasma guns (80 pts)
- Elysian Company Commander, plasma pistol, power fist, krak grenade (53 pts)

Total Vow: 576 points

I’m at work so will update with points and photos when I get home (i just needed to make sure I didnt forget to post)

Photo:

aluyVNi.jpg

Note that I really want to do the tank interiors right... depending on how long they're going to take, I don't know how many extra vows I'll be able to take.  But if it gets close to the wire, I'm gonna buy the new knight and a couple others down the line and add some bulk points!

This is my first ETL and I’ve tossed my Primaris guys to the side for this forum!

EDIT:  Added points

EDIT 2: Photo added!

e96aae8482b9447585efa4a69af46d45.jpg

THE GUARD GOES ON THE OFFENSIVE!

Well, I have to say, I'm very impressed! Out of the blue, we see 3 new participants, tons of points and a completion... wow!

@ Lionofjudah: I have put the points in provisionally - let me know the exact calculation when you have it. :smile.: Good luck old veteran!

Just a quick follow-up question - how will the release of Codex Imperial Knights affect things?  Will I be able to buy/vow one of the super mega knights for the IG?

Welcome to the party! I hope you enjoy this and feel free to ask any questions. The answer to this particular one is, that the Codex supersedes the Index. That means that the points should be calculated using the points in the Codex. And yes, all the units contained in the Knights' Codex will be available to the Astra Mlitarum (and all the IFOR and Astartes Forums - and possibly Chaos).

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I've made excellent progress today, quite a bit more than I expected. The bases and feet are almost done, and the heraldic colours are coming along nicely:

gallery_30308_14554_24968.jpg

I reckon I'm looking at a Monday completion :biggrin.: This is much sooner than I had thought which is great, but that does mean my planned follow up vow is nowhere near ready. Fortunately I have a reserve of a few characters I can fit in while I finish assembly :wink:

I Tdemayo rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Guard and vow to complete:

o Leman Russ Executioner with sponson plasma cannons and a hull lascannon [192 pts].

o Wyrvern with a Heavy Bolter [103 pts].

of total value 295 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w535/tdemayo/40k/ETL18%20tanks_zpsn6gk459r.jpg

Completed: 

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w535/tdemayo/40k/20180628_174634_zps53tgvd8m.jpg

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w535/tdemayo/40k/20180628_174642_zpscxaldko8.jpg

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w535/tdemayo/40k/20180628_174649_zpsbdhjssqb.jpg

Another two soldiers join the war effort, great stuff! Couple of nice vows too looking forward to seeing these done :thumbsup: I'll be completing my vow today, but I doubt I'll be able to start the next right away as the temperature precludes any priming :confused:

Another two soldiers join the war effort, great stuff! Couple of nice vows too looking forward to seeing these done :thumbsup: I'll be completing my vow today, but I doubt I'll be able to start the next right away as the temperature precludes any priming :confused:

Welcome comrades!

WF- have you heard the word about the portable airbrush booth?? It’s a handy tool for those of us plagued by weather related painting delays

I'd need to have an airbrush for that I'm assuming? :tongue.: I can report my first vow completed:

gallery_30308_14554_21042.jpg

gallery_30308_14554_9309.jpg

Since the previous ETL featured my knight, a fitting family portrait opportunity too :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_14554_47810.jpg

Some more pictures can be found in my WIP as usual, for now I just need to sort my next vow. I reckon two or three characters should keep me busy enough to buy some more assembly time for the next, should have them ready to start in a few days. Onwards to victory comrades! :thumbsup:

Through the Warp, to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Through the Warp and far away.

Ok, I'm back from my vacation and I managed to get a couple hours in on my vow today!

Got the Deathwatch crew and earthshaker carriage all primed black:

ryDzPRs.jpg

And I managed to de-cog my first Armiger Warglaive:

6eZIgQL.jpg

Also, here is the "before" picture of the vendetta from my vow. It was given to mefor free by a local playerin very rough shape and it will be getting a complete repaint and will not have any ofthe current paint showing.

5J6GpWD.jpg

Reinforcements have arrived!!

No need to sweat! Valhallans are here! Chill out

Sorry for the glacial pace of arrival, I was watlaid by Orks en route and the beasts had to be iced with extreme prejudice.

They were met with an avalanche of ertillery, and put down with a hail of lasfire and cold fury.
Bastards made us LATE!

Still, time to let it go. The cold will never bother them again, anyway.

I Ravening Harlot rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Guard and vow to complete:

- Tank Commander Leman Russ Punisher [Polar Vortex] with sponson Heavy Bolters and a hull Heavy Bolter, Stormbolter, Track Guards

- Tank Commander Leman Russ Exterminator [Glacial Fury] with sponson Plasma Cannon and hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber

- Leman Russ Demolisher [Frigid Indignation] with sponson Heavy Flamers and hull Heavy Bolter, Stormbolter, Track Guards, Dozer Blade

- Leman Russ Battlecannon [inexorable Chill] with hull Heavy Bolter

- Leman Russ Battlecannon [intractable Frost] with hull Heavy Bolter

of total value 977 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_93027_14633_70991.jpg

Welcome to the B&C Ravening, the sort of entrance we like ;) You can create a Gallery from your user account (under your name in the top left of the page) menu. Then you can upload images to posts, it's fairly straight forward but if you need help the commissariat is only a PM away :tu:

I, HackedDuck, shall come out of hiding to pledge my allegiance to the guard and vow to complete:

1x Valkyrie with lascannon heavy bolters and multiple rocket pods

1xprimaris psyker

1x scion command squad with med pack, 2 meltaguns and a plasma gun

1x heavy weapon team with mortars

of total value 327 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

IMG 7586

I, Ulrik Ironfist, here by pledge my support to the Imperial Guard in the ETL.

I vow to complete 2 squads of Ogryns, totaling 180 points, before August 1st.

Welcome back Ulrik! Good luck with those Ogryns - Emperor know's the Guard is in need of boosting its intellectual capacity! :tongue.:

I Tdemayo rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Guard and vow to complete:

o Leman Russ Executioner with sponson plasma cannons and a hull lascannon [192 pts].

o Wyrvern with a Heavy Bolter [103 pts].

of total value 295 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w535/tdemayo/40k/ETL18%20tanks_zpsn6gk459r.jpg

AND TOM IS BACK! YESSSSssssss!!!! Welcome and good luck man!

I'd need to have an airbrush for that I'm assuming? :tongue.: I can report my first vow completed:

gallery_30308_14554_21042.jpg

gallery_30308_14554_9309.jpg

Since the previous ETL featured my knight, a fitting family portrait opportunity too :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_14554_47810.jpg

Some more pictures can be found in my WIP as usual, for now I just need to sort my next vow. I reckon two or three characters should keep me busy enough to buy some more assembly time for the next, should have them ready to start in a few days. Onwards to victory comrades! :thumbsup:

Through the Warp, to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Through the Warp and far away.

Great to see this vow is linked to last ETL's work. Great Sharpe reference too. :wink:

Reinforcements have arrived!!

No need to sweat! Valhallans are here! Chill out

Sorry for the glacial pace of arrival, I was watlaid by Orks en route and the beasts had to be iced with extreme prejudice.

They were met with an avalanche of ertillery, and put down with a hail of lasfire and cold fury.

Bastards made us LATE!

Still, time to let it go. The cold will never bother them again, anyway.

I Ravening Harlot rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Guard and vow to complete:

- Tank Commander Leman Russ Punisher [Polar Vortex] with sponson Heavy Bolters and a hull Heavy Bolter, Stormbolter

- Tank Commander Leman Russ Exterminator [Glacial Fury] with sponson Plasma Cannon and hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber

- Leman Russ Demolisher [Frigid Indignation] with sponson Heavy Flamers and hull Heavy Bolter, Stormbolter

- Leman Russ Battlecannon [inexorable Chill] with hull Heavy Bolter

- Leman Russ Battlecannon [intractable Frost] with hull Heavy Bolter

of total value 952 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(ps i do not know how to upload a picture to here)

Welcome Ravening Harlot to the ETL and the B&C! I hope you'll enjoy it here! Regarding uploading pics, you can find instructions here. If you still face problems don't hesitate to PM me! Good luck!

I, HackedDuck, shall come out of hiding to pledge my allegiance to the guard and vow to complete:

1x Valkyrie with lascannon heavy bolters and multiple rocket pods

1xprimaris psyker

1x scion command squad with med pack, 2 meltaguns and a plasma gun

1x heavy weapon team with mortars

of total value 327 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Welcome back Hacked Duck - the grizzled veterans return!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Here's tonight's update. I built the second Armiger and Tauros Assault Vehicle and got them all primed today.

GYjByzp.jpg

That leaves me with 16 Astra Militarum Infantry to build (3 command squads and one Artillery crew), but I think I'll start painting Deathwatch Power Armour tomorrow!

Last chance for glory new comrades and membership of the vaunted Veteran Company! Since my first vow is done and my planned second isn't ready it's time for the reserves to deploy:

I, WarriorFish rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the ASTRA MILITARUM IMPERIAL GUARD and vow to complete;

x1 Ogryn Bodyguard with Bullgryn Plate, Grenadier Gauntlet and Brute Shield (70pts)

x1 Inquisitor "Greyfax" (85pts)

x1 Lord Commissar WarriorFish with Bolt Pistol and Power Sword (35pts)

of total value 190pts on or before 1st August 2018. Success is assured!

gallery_30308_14554_1263.jpg

Archived