+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I, Copycat Copycat, aka Lord Es’sej Hive-Born, current Warlord of the 44th company, “Pride of Nostramo,” rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Night Lords and the Chaos Space Marines forum and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 1,345 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Night Lords Vow#1

Chaos Lord w/ Jump Pack: Combi-Plasma, Power Sword (112)

Sorcerer w/ Jump Pack: Combi-Flamer, Force Stave (131)

Raptors x5: 2 Plasma Gun, Combi-Plasma (126)

Raptors x5: 2 Plasma Gun, Champion w/ 2x Plasma Pistols (125)

CSM x5: Heavy Bolter, Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol (90)

CSM x5: Heavy Bolter, Combi-Bolter (77)

Rhino: Combi-Bolter x2, Havoc Launcher (85)

CSM x5: Lascannon, Combi-Bolter (92)

CSM x5: Lascannon, Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol (105)

Havocs x7: Lascannon x4, Combi-Bolter (193)

Predator: Twin Lascannon, Lascannon x2, Combi-Melta (209)

TOTAL: 1,345

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14524/gallery_106214_14524_636328.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14524/gallery_106214_14524_134312.jpeg

So this will be my first army and I’m excited to participate in ETL. The only unit pictured that i’m not vowing (yet) is the converted Flamer Chosen underneath the Lord and to the far right of the Predator. The 3 different kits required to complete this squad are in the mail along with a Land Raider transport for them!

Ideally, I’d like to add a Contemptor, Melta Terminators, another Rhino, and a Hell Drake or two before the August deadline, but with a litte one on the way, I thought it best to keep my first vow to only models that I already own.

As a brand new player I have a lot to learn about the hobby and will most likely start my own WIP page to ask for specific advice and to document the creation of my army. I’ve already learned so much here and have gotten a lot of pointers by the helpful CSM forum here. I’m glad to be a part of it.

EDIT: I’m on iPad and can’t figure out how to post pics directly to the thread from the gallery, any advice?

I would love to join team chaos this year, but sadly do not have the 8th ed Daemon book.  Can anyone with the book PM me so I can get a total for a vow? 

PM me and we'll sort it out! Good to see you again Uprisjng! :tu:

I, Copycat Copycat, aka Lord Es’sej Hive-Born, current Warlord of the 44th company, “Pride of Nostramo,” rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Night Lords and the Chaos Space Marines forum and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 1,345 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Night Lords Vow#1

Chaos Lord w/ Jump Pack: Combi-Plasma, Power Sword (112)

Sorcerer w/ Jump Pack: Combi-Flamer, Force Stave (131)

Raptors x5: 2 Plasma Gun, Combi-Plasma (126)

Raptors x5: 2 Plasma Gun, Champion w/ 2x Plasma Pistols (125)

CSM x5: Heavy Bolter, Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol (90)

CSM x5: Heavy Bolter, Combi-Bolter (77)

Rhino: Combi-Bolter x2, Havoc Launcher (85)

CSM x5: Lascannon, Combi-Bolter (92)

CSM x5: Lascannon, Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol (105)

Havocs x7: Lascannon x4, Combi-Bolter (193)

Predator: Twin Lascannon, Lascannon x2, Combi-Melta (209)

TOTAL: 1,345

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14524/gallery_106214_14524_636328.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14524/gallery_106214_14524_134312.jpeg

So this will be my first army and I’m excited to participate in ETL. The only unit pictured that i’m not vowing (yet) is the converted Flamer Chosen underneath the Lord and to the far right of the Predator. The 3 different kits required to complete this squad are in the mail along with a Land Raider transport for them!

Ideally, I’d like to add a Contemptor, Melta Terminators, another Rhino, and a Hell Drake or two before the August deadline, but with a litte one on the way, I thought it best to keep my first vow to only models that I already own.

As a brand new player I have a lot to learn about the hobby and will most likely start my own WIP page to ask for specific advice and to document the creation of my army. I’ve already learned so much here and have gotten a lot of pointers by the helpful CSM forum here. I’m glad to be a part of it.

EDIT: I’m on iPad and can’t figure out how to post pics directly to the thread from the gallery, any advice?

Great vow there Copycat Copycat, By all means start your own WIP thread and ask the community for advice on army building, tactics and such. I really look forward for this vow to take shape!

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert when it comes to mobile devices, maybe someone else can help out here? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@Copycat Copycat: once you've got the picture onto the gallery, if you go into it there's an 'Options' button. Hit that, select 'Share links' and then copy paste the 'BB Code' bit into your post. That is a sweet vow btw, and feel free to drop me a PM once you've opened a plog and I'll come take a look.

Dragonlover

Spurred on by Dragonlover in my WIP blog (here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346816-the-oracles-of-change/) I shall be throwing my high crested hat into the ring.

I, Ahrimanjjb, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 394 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

2 x Rhinos

twuTsMS.jpg

G7H4ZpF.jpg

And 2 x Vindicators

wdG2vbt.jpg

Ahrimanjjb

Spurred on by Dragonlover in my WIP blog (here) I shall be throwing my high crested hat into the ring.

I, Ahrimanjjb, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 394 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Okay, the Rhino with the Cultist manning the Combi-bolter is sweet.

Though I'd show WIP photos. So after a month, finial getting around getting bit more time toward the hobby for my own models :D

The Chaos Hellwright now ready for undercoating tomorrow. Want to try get some painting done before his first game during the week.

med_gallery_13342_13449_367089.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_238643.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_38223.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_133825.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_229289.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_245857.jpg

I was hoping my Forge World order would have arrive today for my Lascannons. But just start to convert up my Lascannon Havoc unit.

med_gallery_13342_13449_390825.jpg

Siege Dreadnought was order yesterday. One a refund sorted with Forge World over a few other things, I'm going to try get the Anti air Dreadnought hopeful during the week, along with the parts I need to convert up my Cultist.

When you're all happy because the stuff you ordered to bolster your vows turns up, but then you realize you're still 3 Plague marines short.....

Got a few pics of my Leviathan conversion, what you all think of it? Does it pass judgement for being Chaos enough? If so I’ll vow it for this years ETL.

316eQU.jpg

Anyway, as you can see I built it off the Redemptor... just think of it as a Biohazard Pattern Leviathan. Biohazard’s conversion was an inspiration and he gets full credit for such an awesome idea.

Though I can't prime until Tuesday at the earliest, I have completed most of the assembly of Noise Marine Squad #1: Hair Band

jd7W4ny.jpg

I just need to do some greenstuff repairing on their cloaks and the fur on it.

Credit for the idea and method for combining the Chaos Warrior torsos with Chaos Marine bits is Dr. Ruminahui.

I also need to find two more Space Wolf heads with big hair.

Spurred on by Dragonlover in my WIP blog (here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346816-the-oracles-of-change/) I shall be throwing my high crested hat into the ring.

2 x Rhinos

And 2 x Vindicators

Ahrimanjjb

Welcome Ahrimanjjb - those are some sweet tanks there! Good luck!

Semper, can I amend my vow and add something?

PM me!

Now this is the last Sunday before the first Weekly Update in Tuesday (or Wednesday). So if you want the Heretic Astartes to have a strong showing in that update, place your vows fast! :smile.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Got a few pics of my Leviathan conversion, what you all think of it? Does it pass judgement for being Chaos enough? If so I’ll vow it for this years ETL.316eQU.jpg

Anyway, as you can see I built it off the Redemptor... just think of it as a Biohazard Pattern Leviathan. Biohazard’s conversion was an inspiration and he gets full credit for such an awesome idea.

It is chaos enough! :)

Yes, cause they're in the CSM codex.

Dragonlover

Correct! ^

Awesome, thanks Semper... wasn’t sure, so it never hurts to ask. Vow incoming...

I, 40kChris, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete a Hellforged Leviathan Drednought armed with Grav-flux Bombard; Hellforged Siege Claw with Meltagun; and 2 Hellflamers for a total value of 346 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

It is my pleasure to introduce to you... Dar’val the Desolate, the Mad King of Vinculus, the Undying, the Bringer of Sorrow, Exalted Champion of Chaos Undivided, & all around face smasher.

C7heI4.jpg

QTnuPS.jpg

316eQU.jpgf

And the trophy rack is magnetized for different marks, I’ll have a much better shot of that once it’s painted.

KAOwnq.jpg

I, SystemSyn, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Emperor's Children and the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units listed here, with a total value of 809 points before August 1st, 2018.

Vow 1 –

1.Sorcerer on Terminator armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Force Stave, Power Axe – 133 points.

UUP4jwO.jpg

2.Daemon Prince with Wing’s – Malefic Talon, Mark of Slaanesh – 180 points.

OywgCPM.jpg

3.5 Chaos Terminators, Power Sword, 4 Power Fists, 5 Combi-Plasma’s, Mark of Slaanesh – 282 points.

GjATPpc.jpg

4.Chaos Decimator – Decimator Siege Claw with Hellflamer, C-beam Cannon – 214 points.

K3HvZHw.jpg

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Here's a WIP update on my vow. Poxwalkers are done.

med_gallery_46975_6735_895852.jpg

med_gallery_46975_6735_997044.jpg

med_gallery_46975_6735_241419.jpg

med_gallery_46975_6735_124564.jpg

My first group of Poxwalkers were more or less 'civilians'. I wanted these guys to reflect a Guard squad.

My test scheme for my Blight Lords. Going for Apostles of Contagion.

med_gallery_46975_6735_717998.jpg

Really wishing I hadn't fully assembled my plagues, they're gonna be really obnoxious to paint :lol:

Currently priming before posting up my first vow. Should have the rest of the stuff I need for future vows by next weekend all being well.

Though relying on all being well when doing death guard is probably a mistake....

Archived