+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Okay guys. The forecast is good enough for priming and things are calming down at home a bit. I do have to travel for work for a week next month, but I'm going to do my level best to knock out the rest of my vow before that trip.

Never mind the priming. :cuss ing rain.
That summertime Florida rain. Every afternoon like clockwork. I do not miss it.

You just might have to sneak out at 1am to get that priming done.

Hey, love that purple scheme- reminds me of gen 2 Megatron (sans bright orange pump, hah!):

G2_CombatHero_Megatron_toy.jpg

Haha, now that you mention it, there really is quite the similarity going on there, the biker squadron will be decked out in the same too, just managed to get them all primed before my spray ran out as well, seems a trip to Halfords is in order...

@DuskRaider - great progress on your vow, the rust especially looks fantastic.

On the flip side of the coin, I did actually put brush to paint last night and finished the green highlights on my Berzerkers. Unfortunately, the green is rapidly dying so a new pot will have to be acquired for work on my Drake and DP. Tonight: bronze and gold go on!

Thanks, Dawnstar, glad you like them.  This is the second unit I`ve done like this, and I too think the wings really work for emperor`s children, and the chaos shields prevent the bike from appearing like the ravenwing bike that the model is for (they are the bikes out of the Dark Vengeance box.

Good to see your vow, Deadman.  You manage to pick up some blue?

Thanks. Yeah, 6 in a town with 6 million people and at least 3 big stores with GW paints and miniatures I found exactly one Kantor Blue :D

Right, so who fancies rattling the cages of our errant 1st vowers.

As this year I have a personal rival in the loyalist camp and I'll be even more damned if I'll let him claim victory!

So got these two painted during today. The servo arm's I needed arrive today in the post, so they will get varnish & undercoated tomorrow possible or that least Friday. Then glue onto the models & green stuff added.

gallery_13342_13449_71630.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_68081.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_61443.jpg

Then I've got a third model to add to the unit. Was just due to waiting on parts again. So pick up the Primaris Apothecary today for some of the servo arm's & the dead Primaris for the base. The rest of this model will be added to my new Primaris Space Wolves force when the new codex is release.

med_gallery_13342_13449_71711.jpg

Quick mock up of the model. However I'm going to keep the MkIII part for another model. I'm going to use the Warpsmith helmet for this Obliterator instead. Getting a Deathwatch frag cannon tomorrow for the right arm.

I'd like to have this model base tomorrow, but just all down to the weather as there warning about it been really warm & I tend to get bad nose bleed & headache as I have no tolerance toward the heat or hot weather, prefer autumn & winter time.

This Obliterators also possible going to get a Servo Skull converted up as it been a while since I've model one onto a model & from recently play Space Hulk on the PS4.

med_gallery_13342_13449_4164.jpg

On the plus side, the margin to 2nd is basically nonexistent. On the downside the Space Marines margin to us is also pretty nonexistent.

I'll chuck out a few messages over the weekend, see how folks are getting on.

Dragonlover

No re-vow for moi I think, 2nd Knight needing a few touches but finished for the weekend, leaving the final Knight with a month of work.

I like to spend big from the start ! Couple of small projects lying around aren't worth sacrificing the big chunk.

Admittedly I've been slower on mine... I think this weekend it's time to finally work on that damned Spartan, and the remaining Plague Marines.

The Dredero, 10 Plagues, the Deathshroud and the HQ's WILL be done tomorrow.

Oh man. Got so excited for my primer to arrive, I primed and nearly started painting a rhino not actually part of my 2nd vow. Thank goodness I double checked the actual vow.

Instead, I can guarantee the vow will be complete tomorrow, to be followed immediately by my third vow.

First Vow Finished!

Here's the last unit, the Deathshroud (more pics of the individual members from all angles here):
TaMmDEU.jpg

Typhus

Hidden Content
mBvBlRM.jpg

Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Great Plague Cleaver, Champion with Plasma Pistol and Power Fist, Icon of Despair = 144

Hidden Content
EZw2NDG.jpg

Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Blight Launcher, Champion with Plasmagun, Icon of Despair = 128

Hidden Content
7sUHSZd.jpg

3x Foetid Bloat-Drone, 2x Plaguespitter, Plague Probe = 474

Hidden Content
KQQh3kT.jpg

3x Blight Hauler = 420

Hidden Content
i2xARce.jpg

2x Plague Surgeon = 130

Hidden Content
iqk2WMU.jpg

Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Fly, Daemonic Talons, Daemonic Censer -swing (counts-as Daemonic Axe) = 180

Hidden Content
g3F3KDY.jpg

Noxious Blightbringer, Plasma Pistol = 65

Hidden Content
fDAkJJT.jpg

Lord of Contagion, Plaguereaper = 130

Hidden Content
ZZ4JOVL.jpg

Vow #1 TYjsKzn.jpg

Second Vow

I, Augustus b'Raass, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, boasting the forces of the Death Guard. I vow to Nurgle and the rest of the Chaotic Pantheon to complete the units listed below for a total value 657 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me eternal glory and failure shall doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Chaos Land Raider, 2x Twin Lascannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Combiplasma 367

zt42JYm.jpg

5x Blightlord Terminators, 5x Combiplasma, 5x Bubonic Axe 290

BUMZIeY.jpg?1

I'm looking forward to a Week 9 surge and sprint to the finish! Fantastic completion Augustus!

Picking my Knights up today, had to spend the last couple of days doing real world stuff.

Dragonlover

Archived