med_gallery_71441_9972_39855.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_14070.jpg

Winged Sorceror.

med_gallery_71441_9972_5364.jpg

Terminator Lord.

med_gallery_71441_9972_28558.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_22644.jpg

Regular Sorceror.

Congrats on all your completions and hard work folks, here's to those who are still forging ahead with their last vows.

This isn't exactly the end point I'd had in mind, but nonetheless I'm going to declare Vow #4 Complete.

gallery_82168_14652_1048144.png

While I had hoped/intended to do some work with decals and/or conversions, after conferring with conferring with some very helpful people I've had to accept that I simply lack the clarity of vision at this time to commit to any particular direction without regretting my decision. It doesn't make sense to force something when it's very likely to sour my feelings towards a piece of work that I'm honestly very happy with as it is. As such I'm comfortable calling this model 'complete' even though the door is definitely still open for me to do more work on it in the future should I find myself in a position of more certainty with what I want from it and my Knight Household. At this point in time it's been finished to the best of my ability.

Don't be so down on yourself man, your Knight looks great. The colors are so clean it's crazy. You've completed your vow, now if you have an itch to do anything else to it you're not pressured by time or deadlines. Be proud of your work!

I said I'm very happy with it; what more do you want from me XD

Seriously though: while there was certainly more I could've done, this really was a very good learning experience that saw me broaden my skillset by doing things like working with masking tape for the first time and learning how to make my own transfers (even if the only one that actually saw use isn't on the model itself). This ETL has been plenty stressful at times but on the whole it's definitely been a positive thing and has seen me probably exceed my typical output for a full calendar year. Think of it less as being down on myself and more that I'm hungry to do even better next time (including in regards to preparation and planning).

To quote the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight: "Boom, baby! Boom!"

ETL Vow group shot, completed vow

This completes my one and only vow for this ETL. But by the Dark Gods, I actually completed it! Add my points to the Chaos column.

Pic is cross-posted over at my progress thread

And it should go without saying but great job on everyone's completions so far! I've seen some really excellent work in here.

hahaha! the BAs are trying to influence things... :P

Well done THG Roland in the nick of time you protected all your previous vows as well as adding to the total of your forum and faction! Congrats!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

church-doors.jpg

ETL VI IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was a blast, but it's not over yet! I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later on and then I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges. 

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up. 

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report. 

Congratulations to all!

Right then, time to sit back and see how the dust has settled. First or second place, we've done a bang up job and I've been proud to paint alongside you all for another year, veterans and newcomers alike!

Dragonlover

Quoting myself from the fundraiser thread, because I know it's easy to not notice stickys:

Ok guys, we're at $5141 of $6000. That's only 850-ish dollars to go. If everyone that vowed for a Chaos faction in the ETL chucks a tenner in, we'd add 670 to that total, and we've all just painted well over a tenners worth of plastic!

So please consider donating and keeping arguably the greatest hobby forum alive for another 20 years!

Dragonlover

Sorry I let you down guys, I was trying up until this morning but had to go to the pediatrician. I’m not pinning it all on breaking my thumb, but yeah...broken thumb. I’ll try to partially make it up to you with some big projects in the future.

Archived