Yautja Kill Team / WIP

Delta.Skies

I must commend your choice of trophies and your skill in kitbashing relic weapons.

Thanks man, really appreciate that. But wouldnt come to life without the bit sellers i shop with. Pretty much go through all of their newly listed items and put them together or have a general idea of what i wanted to do and go for it. I have one bit seller that i buy from if im trying to build a unit, then one if i need a particular piece and they havent fully let me down yet.

Didnt know how much I would miss B&C till it was out the game for the longest, but feels good that its back online. Im close to finishing one squad. Been learning more and trying to apply it to models. However my true passion still lashes out and built some more up. Working on the BA detachment but then bit sellers had some good things to sell and the imagination ran over.

First Things First.....

WATCH MASTER MADNESS!!!

ive technically made about 6, but kept redoing them until I felt it was right.

- First watchmaster i created and just left alone has been reworked on 3 times, keep trying to get it right but by this time i was just done. Watchmaster with swarmlord head, and continuosly looking at it just annoyed it didnt come out how I wanted

gallery_105646_14362_61525.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_51124.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_34300.jpg

I tried, but i just couldnt get it right, so i left it alone, i may come back around to it.

But then.....

Birth of A Clan Leader

- i finally came across Primaris bits, and i always loved the lieutenant model from the Dark Imperium box and it finally came my way, and the imagination went into full effect and because i didnt LOVE the previous model in this post I was determined to get this right. So I went to work and it just really came out well for me, minimum mistakes, no bs, and everything felt right -

gallery_105646_14362_92221.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_126534.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_36382.jpg

- Theres always cleanups that you have to do when you notice them in pictures, but anyways, i cut a lil bit too much trying to match everything up, and where you see the blue is where I do my most unorthodox, probably not the best idea work. I take blue tac, pack it in as much as i can. smooth it out, cut into it to match the area surrounding and then just drop thin super glue on top of it to hard. You cant tell because it shiny, but thats just the reflection of the superglue. I started doing this to fill out Space marine torsos onto Stormcast and Custodes parts, because i was not confident in using putty and it made huge messes, and just havent stopped, there is a good bit of models here and on my BA thread that i do this and it doesnt come out bad, any excess just gets scraped and removed and its been working out till I get my skills up in sculpting -

gallery_105646_14362_94645.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_138412.jpg

- As of right now, i cant get him on the base right without him looking like he is leaning back a lil and needs a nice foothold on that base. But i honestly love it, really happy how he turned out, used some pieces that i first started out with on the thread and being able to utilize it here, just really showed my progress (to me atleast, im my biggest terrible critic) from when i first started the thread and kitbashing. So appreciate you reading, nice to see the site back up, hope you guys missed my Kitbashes, I AM PAINTING PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME, and keep rocking with me through this WIP. Trying to get like the greats on here and turn this into a passion. All of my other stuff that i do are on instagram @ mad.hattenstein updated my avatar as my pre logo till I draw something up. Follow the page, im constantly looking to be inspired to do more here. Thanks - dx_ob

- Any suggestions on basing around the rock, im kindof torn about it, specially since i know its a chaos symbol rock -

Edited by Delta.Skies

• 3 weeks later...

Had some spare bits from kitbashes that didnt make the cut. Wanted to start a homebrew chapter and due to being in a rut, decided to build a chapter master but he can easily be considered a DW Captain so Im putting it here. 

- To me he doesnt scream out chapter master, but ive recently been looking at praetor models on pinterest and amongst other captains. So we will see what we can do. However i will be magnetizing him to fit Chapter Tactics, Relics and loadouts for the vanilla codex. I also wasnt too sure about the stormcast seals so they are tac'd on. What you guys think -

Loadout in the Pic

As of right now, raven guard tactics. Storm of fire trait might go with the armor relic or ravens fury with combi plasma, powerfist and bolt pistol (i might do imperial fist tactics and go crimson tactics and relics, not sure)

45664030_10217969366893591_2597925524353

45792605_10217969367213599_8532508147653

45725359_10217969367573608_2609451790646

45872139_10217969373573758_5483254218452

Ended up breaking down my previous watchmaster on statue to get this guy out, it was bitter sweet but I think it paid off and was worth it. Hope you guys like

SN ANYBODY WANT TO PAINT FOR ME, ITS A DRAG lol

Is that a combi-plasma PISTOL, or a regular combi-plasmagun he wields one-handedly?

Just a combi plasma. It will probably be switched to bolt gun so i can use primarchs wrath to match storm of fure, or if i go deathwatch just leave as is. The gun on the fist would be just a pistol. But luckily we have sia on those to. So vengeance rounds when in combat i guess.

Participated in my first kitbashing competition and made the cut. I know you guys been waiting for me to paint these guys up, but im thoroughly excited about the building part. CHILLCON hosted a scrap build challenge and I made the cut with the latest Deathwatch Yaujta Watchmaster. If you could need your support in making the final cut, so please head over to Chilling Wargamers Community Group- Hobby, Painting & Converting FBOOK PAGE and point them towards the right direction of #3 . Much appreciation and fingers crossed ... dx_ob ( so far #1 is the highlight, and I dont blame them

46452255_1249815388510835_65724010164010

U P D A T E ! ! !

Making the conscious decision on breaking down my deathwatch terminators i did, and turning those guys into Custodes. Building an army for the misses ( she rage quit after trying to fight with my Deathwatch and forgetting mission tactics, how many stormbolters and frag cannon she had, combined with how using Special Issue Ammunition works ) so im breaking those parts down and turning them into custodes (smaller model count and things to remember with them), not sure if im going wardens with them or regular custodian guard but probably wardens, but who knows.

Ive already started my madness, check out my version of a shield captain on dawn eagle jet bike here: 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/351346-starting-a-detachment-of-custodes/

As far as my deathwatch, im slowly painting them and have to do some more building cause i broke down a kill team, vanguard unit, so im down to one unit of stormbolters / chainswords, my deep strike unit, and then a stalker bolter unit. need to do another kill team. but that is postponed till i get some paint on these guys.

• 4 weeks later...

A N O T H E R U P D A T E ! ! !

First things first, i opened up my ebay store as well as sold a few models that started on this thread. Really happy about that. Really getting into building models now, and getting better. So i eventually broke down models that I placed on here and just changed up alot of things cause of the progression in putting bits together. Been practicing painting and sorry I have not posted those progression models, but Im not too proud of them yet. Also getting an airbrush around christmas so there will be a change in lack of posting painted minis. If you want to check out my models follow me on IG @mad.hattenstein I try to keep my other threads posted so you can also check out my threads here:

Custodes

- http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/351346-starting-a-detachment-of-custodes/

Blood Angels

- http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/349826-supreme-command-detachment-wip/

Now back to Deathwatch. When it comes down to it, I do not believe I will ever be running a pure DW list. Think the only synergy we have is through our Kill Teams, everything else standalone is lack luster or missing components that i think other forces do way better. But who knows, I think a Leviathan would really help out with a pure DW force. I thought about intercessors but then chapter approved came about, and although I still believe in atleast one strong unit, i had already been building Vets, and Primaris lack poses and options to even satisfy my madness

So enough of the gabbing, I broke down alot of stuff, think this was a vanguard unit i first started this thread with and made a kill team with them. I wanted to do a CC unit that adheres to the theme of my army (im still Yaujta all day) so I tried to keep their load outs simple. Either way, here it is:

Unit

gallery_105646_14362_27259.jpg

Watch Sergeant

gallery_105646_14362_47830.jpg

Black Shield

gallery_105646_14362_28029.jpg

Shield Brother

gallery_105646_14362_45203.jpg

Axe Brother

gallery_105646_14362_42826.jpg

Clubber

gallery_105646_14362_27783.jpg

Axe Brother

gallery_105646_14362_40112.jpg

Somebody had mentioned that the primaris heads are bigger on them, but im not sure, tell me what you think

Well hope you like, hope you are still following. Love the support and suggestions. Thanks for reading.

Got my airbrush set and a badger brush to go with it. Started tonight and loving it already. Getting use to the mechanics but the fine layers is really helping. But with the grey power armor and all the bitz being pretty detailed find myslef only layering a base coat with a wash this go around. Either way hope all is well. You qill start seeing more poat of painting progress and the asking of suggestions from you guys. Atay tuned :)

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to primaris scale my vets since i had a stockpile for creating a kill team in my DW detachment. Needed to keep my troops simple to help keep a color scheme together so wasnt too hard breaking down my old troops to put onto new troops. Last pic is the sergeant of my second squad.

gallery_105646_14362_36153.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_62356.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_70291.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_23940.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_49005.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_25260.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_16279.jpg

Have one more squad to do, might do them with reivers as my base to represent that they are my deep striking squad. But im not sure yet

Deathwatch Watch Captain, pretty fun build for a saturday night. Had to make a new one when i broke down my first one. Wanted to make him a serious trophy hunter like my watchmaster was, but found myself going to more of a high ranking appeal. Might use the head from the first one but eh who knows. Thought about giving him a combi weapon, but thought of getting the most use out of bane bolts but not sure. Got some cleaning up to do with him and feel the need to throw purity seals on him as well, but hope ya like.

gallery_105646_14362_43058.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_73732.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_4348.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_6363.jpg

Cool pose and bit-work, as always! Heads up tho, you missed some mold lines on the back of his hammer :wink:

the whole left arm tbh lol, but ill get around to it, last nighr i realized i had been doing other stuff that i lost sight of the concept i was going for with my deathwatch. So its time to give him the ole razzle dazzle

Do you leave the mod lines on ? I always remove them first before assembling models.

Are those terminator stormbolters ?

I dont, most times i shave them off, if you see them, then that usually means i was just test fitting. But they get cleaned up before being primed. 9o% of the time i dont miss em, but i think this model was done around 1am so i was just putting things together.