++ Black Crusade 2018 // VOW your SOUL to CHAOS // ETL VI ++

As required, here is my completed first vow.

First, the 5 chosen - I'm paticularly happy with the chosen champion (centre).

TnrVWks.jpg

And the entire vow together.

D3CahTI.jpg

And my completed second vow.

nEJ7bqi.jpg

And from the back:

snuWDok.jpg

I, Dragonlover, hereby vow my soul to each of the gods of Chaos in turn and vow to quintuple my initial vow of 479 points, thereby completing a total of 2395 points by August 1st.

Dragonlover

Brother Augustus launched the contest and it will not be said that a Night Lord will not join...

I, Celtic_Cauldron aka Lord Captain Arius Draken, Commander of the Murderous Brotherhood and Master of the War Host on Gilgamesh, hereby vow my soul to the Night Haunter's memory and vow to triple my initial vow of 577 points, thereby completing a total of 1731 points by August 1st.

Failure is not an option.

Celtic_Cauldron

Here we go....

I, Gederas, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double, my first ETL VI vow, amounting to at least two times 996 points for a tota; pf 1992 total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

Looks like I really shot myself in the foot by vowing almost 1400 points very early in the ETL, missed out on the last chancer badge and no way I can add enough points in time for the crusade. Oh well, rookie mistakes. Good luck to everyone and keep the pics coming.

Welcome Dragonlover, Celtic_cauldron and Gederas!!

@ Raven1: What Dr_Rumanuhui said, but more importantly, your answer is in the event OP, under FAQ. Have your read that? 

@ Everyone: I realize the requirement to post completions here as well is a bit silly. That's just begging for some frustration and unnecessary. So I'm altering the requirement for the counting of completions, as follows:

COMPLETIONS

As this is an ETL VI satellite event, the ETL is leading in terms of completions. Only those completions counted in the OP of your relevant Chaos Forum will be counted here. So please make sure that your completions are recorded on time. If yours haven't been recorded, please contact Captain Semper, the ETL VI event organizer. 

Alright, fine... I'll do it.

“I, DuskRaider vow my soul to chaos and swear to quintuple my first ETL VI vow, amounting to at least 5 times 441 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

As you may have seen in the ETL thread, I've vowed my Warhound Titan for #2 which is 2,000 points... over 5 x the amount of my first vow.

Bf2hG81l.jpg

I'll start pinning the feet this weekend and paint will be around the same time. I'm gonna need a ton of Typhus Corrosion... :wallbash:

Is that how it works? I thought it was the second vow had to be double / triple / quadruple etc. the original vow, which means if I were to quintuple I'd be 205 over what I'm actually vowing. I don't want to vow any other models since the Warhound is probably going to take me the remainder of the ETL (or I'd like to use the remainder of that time to make sure it's done right). 

Yup, that's how it works. :smile.:

if I were to quintuple I'd be 205 over what I'm actually vowing. 

So? The gods always want moar, so the more points the better. :biggrin.: If you finish that warhound, the total amount of points you finished in the ETL VI is over five times the amount of your first vow, so why vow to only quadruple?

PROSPECTIVE SOUL VOWERS / new participants: 

Please, please read the OP, including the FAQ of this event. The same questions keep getting asked, while their answers are clearly described in the OP. :smile.:

Yeah no, I'll stick with my quadruple. I've got other odd things in the pipeline as you know but I'm not prepared to start painting them and they don't really fit any unit in the codex so I have no way to technically vow them. 

But you don't have to paint other miniatures besides the Warhound to quintiple your first vow's points! (441x5=2205)<(441+2000=2441)

Woohoo! BLACK CRUSADE!

I, Azkeai, vow my soul to the Lord of All and swear to double my first ETL VI vow of 683 points, amounting to at least 1400 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail Nurgle and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

Edit: this is my second vow.

Now I just need to get my grubby claws on one of those sweet, sweet banners...

Alrighty.

I, Sgt. Blank, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double my first ETL vow of 201 points, amounting to at least 402 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail Khorne and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

Here's vow 2: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/?p=5103786 - Renegade Knight 466 points. Not quite a Warhound titan but the highest point cost model in my collection.

Good luck everyone!

WELCOME, DuskRaider, Azekai, and Sgt. Blank!!!

THIRD UPDATE

LY0fI7r.jpg

It seems we are winning ground and have now equaled the participation levels of previous Black Crusades - but not in terms of points vowed!

As such, we need more participants AND higher Soul Vows!!

Our Forum suffers from lower than average vows - while we also have less participants than our only real rival: the Space Marines Forum.

As such, we can only win by completion rates. And June is a CRUCIAL month for that.

So...

Join the Black Crusade and make your Soul Vow

Get painting

Complete your vow

Revow

And repeat!!!

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

tenor.gif

Ah the Achilles gif got me.

I, Lhorke the First, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double my first ETL VI vow, amounting to at least 2 times 191 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

Black Crusade? Guess the BL have finally started winning these!

I, gianlucafiorentini123, vow my soul to chaos and swear to triple my first ETL VI vow, amounting to at least 3 times 672 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

Archived