Heresy era Knight house Atrax

Hello everyone. Here's my knight house. I really like models frome forgeworld more, so you won't see any wardens or errants here) Only those cute armigers and helverins. And 1 Valiant. because HARPOOON. Basically the only one completely painted is the castigator. The other ones are on different stages of painting\basing.

Porphyrion

Castigator

Valiant

Valiant pt2

gallery_98206_13992_281811.jpg

gallery_98206_13992_47934.jpg

They are beautiful, I really love the look of the FW Knights they all look so different to each other. The red, black and grey work really well and I love that sword on the Castigator?

Just realised that a Valiant without legs looks like a Tau Hammer head at the front oO.

Well done. Will your Knights remain loyal, or will they turn to Chaos?

Those guys officially are Traitoris Perdita. But i have my own lore for those particulat knights. The idea is that those guys were sent away to assist alpha legion not long after mechanicus came to House Artax knights' homeworld. While they were away, some knight, who was left with Draykavac told them about what was happening on their homewrold (they were basically enslaved there). After not very long thought they decided to tell those mechanicus to go to warp. Quite conviniently alpha legion was happy to have part of a knight house at their disposal (and some say alpha legion was even planning on eliminating Draykavac himself, but that is another story :) )

So the same as some of the alpha legion - you can't really say whetehr they are traitors or not)

Just realised that a Valiant without legs looks like a Tau Hammer head at the front oO.

That is what it reminds me of! Cant wait to assemble him. Just need those leg extensions to arrive. Edited by point_Zer0

• 1 month later...

Fantastic work on the Helverin, point-Zer0!  The shoulderpads really stand out, and the battle-damage is subtle but adds a ton of character to this "little guy".  :)  Are you planning to leave the "gun shields" off the Autocannons?  I ask because that was my plan for mine.

Beautiful work on the Helverin.

That looks dead sexy

Thanks guys

Fantastic work on the Helverin, point-Zer0!  The shoulderpads really stand out, and the battle-damage is subtle but adds a ton of character to this "little guy".  :smile.:  Are you planning to leave the "gun shields" off the Autocannons?  I ask because that was my plan for mine.

No way i'm kipping those "shields" on my helverins. At least not the round ones. Mybe i'll make something out of those later.

• 1 month later...

Wow looks very cool

I’m curious to know what the last 10% is.

Basically some tiny details, like small highlights here and there a bit more patina on bronze, washing the rivets etc.

Need  to ask how you do all the little scratch marks. Looks great.

Only some careful brush work. If you want scratches on dark grey -> add a line of brighter grey -> smaller black line -> some metallic on the black part