Chris521

I heard someone mention the emperors wraith and artillery in the same sentence. Would you mind telling me what that does? Thanks, I am an artillery player and that sounds awesome!

Its a Vigilus formation the info on that is in this thread

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/351930-the-hammer-on-vigilus/

I do hope this doesnt start a huge swinging pendulum every year where costs go from one extreme to another with each edition of CA

But guard did do very well the overall average has to be easily 40% ish reduction in points

Im semi excited for 5pt vets ...

Look like vets are a compelling option, specially with the dagger relic.

A cadian heavy detachment led by a tank cmd look way better than long fangs (save vs :cussing eldar of course)

also tank commanders with the relic cannon 11/10

I dont know, is 40% is really accurate? A bunch of stuff went from 1 to 0, servo arm from 12 to 0. Most of it is 5 or 10 point tweaks. LC dropping 20 is pretty big. I could see him going back up a bit next year. I imagine the game will stabilize and we wont see much. I guess that might change though with campaign supplements.

I heard someone mention the emperors wraith and artillery in the same sentence. Would you mind telling me what that does? Thanks, I am an artillery player and that sounds awesome!

Its a Vigilus formation the info on that is in this thread

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/351930-the-hammer-on-vigilus/

I do hope this doesnt start a huge swinging pendulum every year where costs go from one extreme to another with each edition of CA

But guard did do very well the overall average has to be easily 40% ish reduction in points

Im semi excited for 5pt vets ...

Look like vets are a compelling option, specially with the dagger relic.

A cadian heavy detachment led by a tank cmd look way better than long fangs (save vs :cussing eldar of course)

also tank commanders with the relic cannon 11/10

Relic battle cannon does sound sweet, but I must say I'm a bit concerned if it will work with the grinding advance special rule. If the cannon is no longer a battlecannon, can you still fire it twice? If not, than you would be exchancing number of shots for more dmg, not worth it in my opinion if so.

You fire it twice still. It is still a battle cannon. 

Eh, it's one of those rule things that is obviously intended but technically doesn't work. The weapon is called "Hammer of Sunderance", which isn't on the grinding advance list. However, it is a turret weapon, so should be allowed. I expect it to be FAQed.

It’s a turret weapon and the rule says it can fire its turret weapon twice plus its type is still battle cannon. I’d simply walk away and refuse to play anyone who argued it couldn’t fire twice because that’s incredibly WAAC behaviour as well as just attempting to ignore the intent of the grinding advance rule.

Have somebody looked up the other Leman Russ weapons?

I know that the demolisher became now playable. But what is with the other Varients?

Do you think all varients are now a valid optionen?

Have somebody looked up the other Leman Russ weapons?

I know that the demolisher became now playable. But what is with the other Varients?

Do you think all varients are now a valid optionen?

The all got a bit of a point drop, so I think they all got a bit more useable. The Exterminator autocannon is probably the one I would have to think about, as it isn't great really. Oh, and the vanquisher is still rubbish.

The vanquisher still only gets 1 shot (2 with grinding advance). This makes it the worst tank weapon. If they changed it's stat sheet it might be worth it at this point cost. If GW were to change its damage from D6 to 2D6, it would be the interesting. Then it becomes a high risk, high reward weapon.

All in all CA was very generous to us. One thing that did catch my attention, and I've got a feeling I'm definitely in the minority here. The points drop for ogryns, I liked using them before, for me they are more appealing with the 6 point drop. Anyone else tempted by them now?

Well I've got 5 that I converted from a box of Orges, some of which I am rather fond of. The guy using an autocannon as a club looks fun. I also have an old metal Nork. So I was thinking they would work as a squad of 6. Thats 138pts, maybe throw a priest in for some bonus attacks. Could work as a nice counter-charge unit in my advancing blob/tank force. I do like the ripper gun.

@180pts(Inc priest) to give 31 Hvy Bolter esq hits on the charge. Will make a mess of a lot of things. For me anyway they will see more table time than they do already.

Edit: also surprised Bullgryns didn't get bumped up in points

Further edit: maths

All in all CA was very generous to us. One thing that did catch my attention, and I've got a feeling I'm definitely in the minority here. The points drop for ogryns, I liked using them before, for me they are more appealing with the 6 point drop. Anyone else tempted by them now?

I'm tempted but they still cost a lot. If bullgryns went down, that would have been amazing. Infantry squad with a grenade launcher is still cheaper. Ripper guns are great, but they're assault 3. This means that they're only getting 9 shots for the cheapest ogryn squad. I think that it depends on your play style, whether or not 26 ppm ogryns are priced right.

Are ogryns big enough to provide cover to vehicles? That could be a good use for them. Also, the Ogryn's power is split across shooting and charging, it is really supposed to do both. And t5 is much better than t3. I guess you could put them behind infantry for cover too.

Or, take the expensive option. Stick them in a Crassus or Stormlord, as a cheaper option to bullgryns.

I'm tempted but they still cost a lot. If bullgryns went down, that would have been amazing. Infantry squad with a grenade launcher is still cheaper. Ripper guns are great, but they're assault 3. This means that they're only getting 9 shots for the cheapest ogryn squad. I think that it depends on your play style, whether or not 26 ppm ogryns are priced right.
I use mine aggressively, for 78 pts now, 9 Ripper shots plus 13 heavy Bolter esq shots on charge. Not to be sneezed at. For most players they are wasted points that can be used on tanks, I just think they are over looked due to there heavily armoured brothers.

The Battlecannon relic weapon doing a flat 3 dmg is nice though.

It isn't nice.. it is filthy :cuss .

New vanquisher relic is nice. I'm just going to treat it as what a vanquisher should be. A rare and powerful artefact. Although I am going to have to discuss the rule before every game. We all know it should work with grinding advance, but it warrants a little "are we on the same page?" to stop arguments in your first shooting phase.

I just call it a relic battle cannon, since that is what it is. It cuts past RAW into RAI, which is what I care for, and what we tend to try and play to in my store. We don't always succeed, but in this case I don't think anyone will argue the point here.

I am surprised Creed dropped in points, he's a steal now!

As for the Relic Battle cannon, I think it would still be allowed to shoot twice as you would have to exchange a battle cannon for it.

Any further debate on that belongs in the OR though

Creed at 55pts is excellent value.

Yeah I think that a few of the special characters became a bit more viable. Yarrick is a much better prospect at 100pts, and I am even tempted by Nork. Mainly because I think having Nork protecting my Lady Commissar warlord would be fun. If you give her the blade of conquest it is actually a decent melee combo.

Creed at 55pts is excellent value.

Yeah I think that a few of the special characters became a bit more viable. Yarrick is a much better prospect at 100pts, and I am even tempted by Nork. Mainly because I think having Nork protecting my Lady Commissar warlord would be fun. If you give her the blade of conquest it is actually a decent melee combo.

I'm just tinkering with my list now to see if I can get Yarrick in..... If you replace a lord commissar (35pts), its only a 65pts net addition, and the model is so great.

Also running the numbers on Ogryn Bodyguard, 45pts + bullgryn maul is 52pts. Bullgryn are 42 pts for same. (shields are 0). +10 pts for +3 wounds, +1A, +1Ld +character keyword.. interesting

Archived