Reinhards Primaris Crusade

Good call on the transfer. Can't really take credit for the ork itself on the base (besides the paintjob) as the model comes with him. But it was fun trying to paint him and doing the battle damage. Since I swapped out his shoulder pads, I emulated some damage on those with my pinvice. Pretty pleased with it. Will remember for any future sword brother i may make.

• 2 weeks later...

Inspirational stuff Reinhard.

I keep going back to look at your Redemptor, so sweet. If you sold all those additions on it as kit I would pay for it.

Know some are from the BT sprue, Did you mould others from Greenstuff? can see that you have the symbols on the shoulders nicely matching the curve. Fantastic.

I keep going back to look at your Redemptor, so sweet. If you sold all those additions on it as kit I would pay for it.

Know some are from the BT sprue, Did you mould others from Greenstuff? can see that you have the symbols on the shoulders nicely matching the curve. Fantastic.

I comissioned another member on our forum, Eberious, to assemble and decorate a dreadnought after I saw what he'd done with his own. I only painted it. You can check out his thread, for a ton more inpsirational modeling, including my dreadnought and Emperor's champion before they were painted, as both were comissions he did for me. In the thread you'll see he uses a combination of plastic bits, greenstuff moulds, plasticard and more. 

Great models! What paints did you use for the leather belts and pouches?

The pouches are a simple rhinox hide base and doombull brown edges. Agrax shade too I believe. Some brighter pouches were done with mournfang as a base instead I think.

Edited by Reinhard

I comissioned another member on our forum, Eberious, to assemble and decorate a dreadnought after I saw what he'd done with his own. I only painted it. You can check out his thread, for a ton more inpsirational modeling, including my dreadnought and Emperor's champion before they were painted, as both were comissions he did for me. In the thread you'll see he uses a combination of plastic bits, greenstuff moulds, plasticard and more.

Great models! What paints did you use for the leather belts and pouches?

The pouches are a simple rhinox hide base and doombull brown edges. Agrax shade too I believe. Some brighter pouches were done with mournfang as a base instead I think.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

So, a tiny update this time.

But I made a new chaplain:

gallery_65134_15160_60081.jpgmed_gallery_65134_15160_58319.jpg

Some might remember seeing the Chaplain during the ETL, which would be correct, allthough he had different head then:

med_gallery_65134_15160_395846.jpg

Yeah, vastly prefer the new one. Also leaves me another head for another possible conversion...

Well, it looks like I might have to make a second chaplain inspired by yours.

Given my current one is based on a captain's body, it'll be quite funny - two chaplains for one crusade, neither based on the actual primaris chaplain model.

Now that's a fine looking chaplain.

Can you tell me the bits you used?

Body is from the librarian obviously.

Head is from the the dark vengeance chaplain, Absolvor bolt pistol is from the primaris apothecary, his right shoulder & the crozius is from the chaplain model that his old head came from. It's currently in a trio kit called Spacemarine heroes, which also has a captain model which is where the iron halo is from. Think that's it

• 2 weeks later...

So those who've followed this thread for any length or time, or indeed my old Templar crusade thread, would know that I'm pretty rarely, if ever, truly done with my models. While I keep changing small things at a time I rarely make an update for these small changes. I think enough changes has been done to my HQ models this time around that I'll allow myself to tout my own horn and bring attention to the fact.

Changes include repainting the weapons casing of everyone, I forget when, but i did take the decision a while ago that none of my black armored marines (ie everyone) should be holding black weapons. This is pretty much just ancient templar painting wisdom finally having taken hold with me. I've also tried to go over to doing metal power weapons with lightning effects, rather than the blue crystalline ones i've had previously. Put perhaps the most time consuming change has been to redo the black highlighting of the black armor (in no small part inspired by Darren Latham's tutorial on how to paint black space marine armor) But without further ado:

gallery_65134_15160_229786.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_133446.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_90562.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_103931.jpg

And I realize even this is still WIP, some of them needs more work.. I still have not really managed to do the front of primaris helms yet to a point that I'm satisfied with, besides perhaps the eyes. Also my two chaplains are nowhere to be seen because i still haven't figured out if I want to do their armor in the same style, or if they should have a neutral black tone rather than cold. Their's is a different black after all.

Edited by Reinhard

• 1 month later...

Not getting our own new upgrade sprue means implementing the time honored tradition of making other chapters upgrade bits into our own, and as the Salamander sprue has some interesting ones, it was a only a matter of time until I did something like this:

gallery_65134_15160_168215.jpg

Paint seems to have chipped a fair bit on his left foot as well as one of the knuckle skull. Easy fixes.

Highlights could probably be better too in places, but otherwise I'm pretty pleased.